does this make anyone else feel embarassed to be a DJ

Home :: Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics. :: does this make anyone else feel embarassed to be a DJReply
does this make anyone else feel embarassed to be a DJ
Posted on: 20.10.2013 by Stanley Topoleski
Dannie Dimora
Originally Posted by DJ~MMiMER
I don't believe it wirelessn wireless needs power. Beside that I believe he was using the other mixer off to his left. Maybe he was doing that to impress his friends that don't know anything about it....
lol
Lakeesha Storman
I don't believe it wirelessn wireless needs power. Beside that I believe he was using the other mixer off to his left. Maybe he was doing that to impress his friends that don't know anything about it....
My sarcasm finds it difficult coming across through the Interwebs. Sorry.
Ngan Shannon
Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet
I'm pretty sure his gear was all just wireless. Things are different in other countries.

He needs to work on his knob rotating, pull the hand off like you just touched a really friggin hot pan though. He's getting there, but not enough style points. (never understood that either)
Cathi Bannasch
Originally Posted by dripstep
You're confusing talent with "I saw guetta and now I'm a dj". Sunshine is saying that because edm is popular right now, everybody and their brother believes they are a dj. Soon another genre of music will pop up, the bandwagon will switch, and we won't have to listen to/deal with untalented "djs" who posted a "what should I buy thread", and then got mommy to buy them gear.

There's always going to be talented djs that outshine everyone, but edm doesn't need to be popular for them to be good. On the flip side, once the so called edm bubble bursts, your gigs might have less people attending.

My 2(insert currency here)
Well said. I can agree with that. Where Im at, not many people have actual gear they just use their laptops and say they are DJs because they use spotify forcing me to lose jobs because they call themselves DJs. Not that im knocking some laptop DJs because I believe someone can be a great DJ using just simple items (They aren't here though!). I mean give Hawtin an Ipad and he shreds it. I have just become so numb to the idea of labeling someone a DJ. Call it whatever you want to just play good music at the right time. I definitely understand the "mainstream" (for lack of a better term) appeal to it. It is the same with the guitar playing that has been going on for awhile. But it is like sunshine said earlier you can't fake that, much like this guy was faking his DJing. Just wanted to maybe help make my first muddy comment a little more watered down.
Yong Aptekar
Originally Posted by WhatsADJ?
Just because one kid sucks a mixing 1 genre of music doesn't mean that it should ruin "EDM" as a whole. With more people getting interested it should just increase the competition leading to better mixes and productions. I can speak from experience with guys like 3lau and kap slap. Nice guys that made it huge doing what every DJ does, but they are evolving into real artists.
You're confusing talent with "I saw guetta and now I'm a dj". Sunshine is saying that because edm is popular right now, everybody and their brother believes they are a dj. Soon another genre of music will pop up, the bandwagon will switch, and we won't have to listen to/deal with untalented "djs" who posted a "what should I buy thread", and then got mommy to buy them gear.

There's always going to be talented djs that outshine everyone, but edm doesn't need to be popular for them to be good. On the flip side, once the so called edm bubble bursts, your gigs might have less people attending.

Cathi Bannasch
Originally Posted by DJ Sunshine
One kid brought in just a laptop with Traktor and started slamming dubstep youtube rips at 10:30 at evening . I'd never kicked someone out of a booth until then. Can't wait for this stupid "EDM" bubble to finally burst.
Just because one kid sucks a mixing 1 genre of music doesn't mean that it should ruin "EDM" as a whole. With more people getting interested it should just increase the competition leading to better mixes and productions. I can speak from experience with guys like 3lau and kap slap. Nice guys that made it huge doing what every DJ does, but they are evolving into real artists.
Masako Barcalow

Thank you, this is exactly the point I was trying to make. I started seeing it right around when dubstep hit the scene, it seemed to turn everyone into a DJ overevening . Then it kinda died off for awhile. Once trap hit, it was rinse and repeat, except everyone and their grandma was a trap DJ.

As for the bubble bursting, bring it on. The scene in this city is so overdone I can't wait for it to get back to the roots. There are more "EDM" weeklies than I can count, and it's the same Molly-munching prostitots that come out just to chain smoke on the patio
Vito Chesnut
We have all seen video of Guetta spinning with one cdj on, this kid is no different, only he is making way less money. Maybe he just needs a good PR guy.
Dannie Dimora
lol
Lakeesha Storman
My sarcasm finds it difficult coming across through the Interwebs. Sorry.
Ngan Shannon
Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet
I'm pretty sure his gear was all just wireless. Things are different in other countries.

He needs to work on his knob rotating, pull the hand off like you just touched a really friggin hot pan though. He's getting there, but not enough style points. (never understood that either)
Dannie Dimora
is that a... portable dvd player O.o
Un Prasla
LoL. Pretty funny. It's funnier that the ones right next to him haven't noticed the "wireless" capabilities. It doesn't bother me though, this might be a tiny step (very tiny) for him becoming a great DJ later on in life. DJ gear can be very expensive in other countries too.
Cathi Bannasch
Originally Posted by dripstep

Well said. I can agree with that. Where Im at, not many people have actual gear they just use their laptops and say they are DJs because they use spotify forcing me to lose jobs because they call themselves DJs. Not that im knocking some laptop DJs because I believe someone can be a great DJ using just simple items (They aren't here though!). I mean give Hawtin an Ipad and he shreds it. I have just become so numb to the idea of labeling someone a DJ. Call it whatever you want to just play good music at the right time. I definitely understand the "mainstream" (for lack of a better term) appeal to it. It is the same with the guitar playing that has been going on for awhile. But it is like sunshine said earlier you can't fake that, much like this guy was faking his DJing. Just wanted to maybe help make my first muddy comment a little more watered down.
Yong Aptekar
Originally Posted by WhatsADJ?

Ngan Shannon
At first I wasn't getting anysound so just seeing people dancing tekk me there sound but then laugh when I saw no cables or anything plug in. Is he the DJ or is there someone else DJing this party. Zoom out camera...
Cathi Bannasch
Originally Posted by DJ Sunshine
One kid brought in just a laptop with Traktor and started slamming dubstep youtube rips at 10:30 at evening . I'd never kicked someone out of a booth until then. Can't wait for this stupid "EDM" bubble to finally burst.
Javier Rowinsky
at first i was like...wtf this dudes not too bad with only a mixer and a tiny laptop.....pretty hilarious shit
Pilar Maure
Originally Posted by kooper1980
Its a kid messing about at a party. How does that affect me?
+1
Alberta Oberti
Seems legit, could be worse...

Hank Guidas
Originally Posted by kooper1980
This. Who cares about some kid @ random tortilla fiesta. Problem is that big djs do the same imo
Yong Aptekar
So now I'm all confused. I've been told djing is all about track selection. Now it's about keeping your gear plugged in? I do like that the camera guy spent so much time filming the back of that mixer almost as if to see if the chords would plug themselves in, considering nobody else wanted to check that.

Video is funny, but I'm not surprised. The pros don't plug in, why should I?
Kristofer Krauel
Hank Guidas
This is what I do. Elitests...
Josef Modine
Originally Posted by Ryan Ruel
I don't quite understand why so many people fake mixing.

I mean it's easy. Really easy. Or maybe I've been doing it so long it's easy for me.
same reasons so many people fake singing i guess, everybody wants to try to be somebody populair with as little effort as possible

On the real, most of these kids doing this don't even have a clue and wouldn't know what to play if itunes and beatport broke down. If you're a serious dj in that segment you need to up your game anyway imo.
For me it's all about what i love to do and which tracks i love to play. If that means I'll be getting less gigs because some local kids are doing a steve angello, so be it

And that top 100..... I view it like i view the MTV awards, one big joke, and solely aimed at little kids...
It's all a big marketing trick really and has no bearing on talent or skill.
Hellen Mindrup
If you don't look good, then you aren't good. Simple as that.
Lakeesha Storman

Hellen Mindrup
Nah, makes me laugh if anything.
Qiana Castellucci
Originally Posted by Jay Melis
Nope... that top 100 that was released 3 days ago, that did... :'(
this ^^^^ x1000000
Caleb Demillo
I don't quite understand why so many people fake mixing.

I mean it's easy. Really easy. Or maybe I've been doing it so long it's easy for me.
Vada Branyon
Nope... that top 100 that was released 3 days ago, that did... :'(
Latoria Kavulich
Originally Posted by Rip van Winkle
Not at all. seriously? it's just a kid! afraid he's gonna steal yer gigs? lol!
exactly. i don't believe it was even his gear tbh
Josef Modine
Not at all. seriously? it's just a kid! afraid he's gonna steal yer gigs? lol!
Jennell Bratschi
Originally Posted by calgarc
very !!!!
Masako Barcalow
Been seeing this going around my newsfeed for some time now, am surprised it took so long to make it here. The number of idiots and wannabes in this hobby is mind-blowing. As an old guitarist for a band, it was kind of hard to fake it if you sucked donkey nuts.

There have been a number of wannabe hacks approaching me asking me for a evening at the local college club across the street from campus. One kid brought in just a laptop with Traktor and started slamming dubstep youtube rips at 10:30 at evening . I'd never kicked someone out of a booth until then. Can't wait for this stupid "EDM" bubble to finally burst.
Libbie Orion
what? it looks fine! i mean he was decent enough to turn the switch into the ON position HAHHAHHA
Augustine Mitzen
no.

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy