Stones Throw 45 Live Vs. The Beat Junkies

Stones Throw 45 Live Vs. The Beat Junkies
Posted on: 28.10.2013 by Janell Selser
I go to show's pretty regularly but this weekend I had my mind blown. Although I could have spent the entire evening in the World Famous Beat Junkies room watching those guys tag teaming, sweating over their turntables, putting in nonstop work (juggling, cutting, scratching) I had to check in on a producer I've looked up to since I was a kid. Stones Throw was doing all 45 record sets and Prince Paul, well known for his work with De La Soul and lesser known for Gravediggaz and Handsomeboy Modeling School was going to be playing his collection. What I didn't know was he's a badass Dj. He starts dropping rare soul tracks getting warmed up with nice clean cuts and blends. Then he moves on to breaks and starts juggling and scratching on 45's with unbelievable skill. I play 45's on occasion and have tried scratching on them (it's difficult). Juggling 45's though? It's ridiculous. He set the bar really high and everyone after him really stepped up their game. If he's ever on the lineup for a show do yourself a favor and check him out. It's so nice to go to a show that you come home feeling so inspired by you break out the records at 3am and mix until the sun comes up.
Janell Selser
I go to show's pretty regularly but this weekend I had my mind blown. Although I could have spent the entire evening in the World Famous Beat Junkies room watching those guys tag teaming, sweating over their turntables, putting in nonstop work (juggling, cutting, scratching) I had to check in on a producer I've looked up to since I was a kid. Stones Throw was doing all 45 record sets and Prince Paul, well known for his work with De La Soul and lesser known for Gravediggaz and Handsomeboy Modeling School was going to be playing his collection. What I didn't know was he's a badass Dj. He starts dropping rare soul tracks getting warmed up with nice clean cuts and blends. Then he moves on to breaks and starts juggling and scratching on 45's with unbelievable skill. I play 45's on occasion and have tried scratching on them (it's difficult). Juggling 45's though? It's ridiculous. He set the bar really high and everyone after him really stepped up their game. If he's ever on the lineup for a show do yourself a favor and check him out. It's so nice to go to a show that you come home feeling so inspired by you break out the records at 3am and mix until the sun comes up.

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy