Anyone else feel jaded sometimes?

Anyone else feel jaded sometimes?
Posted on: 14.11.2013 by Letitia Sehlhorst
When I go out a lot of times I'll be thoroughly unimpressed with what the DJ is doing. Sloppy transitions, overuse of effects, or god forbid, full-blown trainwrecks. Yet my friends are just happy to hear it if they like the song. I used to be able to go out and have fun most of the time but it's becoming more the exception than the rule. Anyone managed to become un-jaded have any tips?

Lots of alcohol usually helps but hangovers are never fun.
Letitia Sehlhorst
When I go out a lot of times I'll be thoroughly unimpressed with what the DJ is doing. Sloppy transitions, overuse of effects, or god forbid, full-blown trainwrecks. Yet my friends are just happy to hear it if they like the song. I used to be able to go out and have fun most of the time but it's becoming more the exception than the rule. Anyone managed to become un-jaded have any tips?

Lots of alcohol usually helps but hangovers are never fun.
Matt Kane
there is always one question you should ask yourself when there is a dj up in the booth like you just described:

"is the crowd enjoying it?"

if yes is the answer, he is doing a good job.
if it is no, you should start to worry.
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
once you start to appreciate what you are hearing you can never hear mixed music the same way again. But that is what will drive you to get better, because once you genuinely beat your harshest critic "yourself" then everyone else will love what you do. enough about that inspirational crap! I want to stick pins in my ears when I hear a gallop, a harsh transition, or too many effects that just stroke the dj's ego. what I wouldn't give to be ignorant of what is going on some evening s but it will never happen.
Hellen Mindrup
I just laugh, it's not my evening to spin. I don't give a shit really. After a few drinks I usually let that entertain me more than the jams.
Armanda Yankauskas
take the crappy djs spot and better the planet?

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy