Traktor high cpu usage

Traktor high cpu usage
Posted on: 15.11.2013 by Lekisha Furin
Question

Is traktor a recourse intensive program. I did a bit of research and this seems to be a known issue with version 2.6.1 the very same version I have. Is there a way to improve on this. What happens is that my sound has this clipping noise to it when ever the possessor load is to high. I have not come across a solution for this.

Link I found
http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...2-6-1-CPU-Load
Lekisha Furin
Originally Posted by makar1
Yes
Thank you for your help. Much appreciated
Lekisha Furin
Installing Quicktime should let you play MP4s
Hi makar1
This will help with mp4 audios on traktor even though I am running a windows 7 laptop correct?
Lekisha Furin
Originally Posted by kooper1980
updating to the latest version may cure some issues with audio.
Hi Kooper1980

Thank you for your for your prompt reply, Will that help me play mp4 files?
Lekisha Furin
Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet
You can run a script that will disable a lot of unnecessary services on your computer. I had a high CPU load issue when I upgraded to 2.4, not realizing it had reset all my settings to default. My latency issues were what was actually causing it because the latency was so low the CPU had to work a lot harder. Up the latency a bit if you can and see if that doesn't take some of the load off your CPU. Find the happy balance.

I also run a script I found somewhere that disables a lot of services, and it allows me to restore them after I'm done w/ Traktor. I also added a number of Windows services I know are unnecessary for audio playback with Traktor, but found that wasn't really the culprit after all...it was the latency being too low causing the CPU to go into overdrive.

You can also select the use multiple CPUs/cores somewhere in the settings. While it sounds counteintuitive, I believe not having that checked actually HELPS with the CPU load.
Ok thank you guys for your assistance I managed to get Traktor to behave nicely. There were a few changes that I made and it is working beautifully. However I noticed that it does not seem to play mp4 at all. Is this a Traktor limitation or a limitation on my laptop?
Lekisha Furin
Originally Posted by Patch
But it leaves ONLY what is necesary for Traktor. You can run it again when your finished with Traktor and it will set your computer back to it's original settings.

Your other option is split partitions.
Damn! Do you suppose sarato or virtualdj is something I should rather invest in and move away from traktor? I am new to this and I was under the impression that traktor was the best there is. I enjoy music and playing around with it but this is kinda grinds my gears I was so exited when I had the extra cash to play around with so I got this and now.
Lekisha Furin
Audio software is resource hungry.

But there are ways to make your machine more efficient - here's a good starting point:

http://www.djranking s.com/2011/08/1...-power-script/
Hi Patch

Thank you for the prompt reply. I read through that script and surely there has to be a better way. That script leaves a pc as a corps it kills and stops almost every process. Please tel me there is a better way?
Lekisha Furin
Question

Is traktor a recourse intensive program. I did a bit of research and this seems to be a known issue with version 2.6.1 the very same version I have. Is there a way to improve on this. What happens is that my sound has this clipping noise to it when ever the possessor load is to high. I have not come across a solution for this.

Link I found
http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...2-6-1-CPU-Load
Lekisha Furin
Yes
Thank you for your help. Much appreciated
Alphonso Deitchman
Yes
Lekisha Furin
Hi makar1
This will help with mp4 audios on traktor even though I am running a windows 7 laptop correct?
Alphonso Deitchman
Lekisha Furin
Originally Posted by kooper1980
Hi Kooper1980

Thank you for your for your prompt reply, Will that help me play mp4 files?
Kristofer Krauel
Lekisha Furin
Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet
You can run a script that will disable a lot of unnecessary services on your computer. I had a high CPU load issue when I upgraded to 2.4, not realizing it had reset all my settings to default. My latency issues were what was actually causing it because the latency was so low the CPU had to work a lot harder. Up the latency a bit if you can and see if that doesn't take some of the load off your CPU. Find the happy balance.

I also run a script I found somewhere that disables a lot of services, and it allows me to restore them after I'm done w/ Traktor. I also added a number of Windows services I know are unnecessary for audio playback with Traktor, but found that wasn't really the culprit after all...it was the latency being too low causing the CPU to go into overdrive.

You can also select the use multiple CPUs/cores somewhere in the settings. While it sounds counteintuitive, I believe not having that checked actually HELPS with the CPU load.
Ok thank you guys for your assistance I managed to get Traktor to behave nicely. There were a few changes that I made and it is working beautifully. However I noticed that it does not seem to play mp4 at all. Is this a Traktor limitation or a limitation on my laptop?
Lakeesha Storman

Brunilda Kora
Keep searching on this site. Somewhere there is a batch file that you can run, and it WILL improve your computers performance. You just run it again to rest your computer to it's normal condition.

NOTHING works out of the box in this game, I'm afraid mate. You have to do a bit of messing around until you get everything playing nice together.
Lekisha Furin
But it leaves ONLY what is necesary for Traktor. You can run it again when your finished with Traktor and it will set your computer back to it's original settings.

Damn! Do you suppose sarato or virtualdj is something I should rather invest in and move away from traktor? I am new to this and I was under the impression that traktor was the best there is. I enjoy music and playing around with it but this is kinda grinds my gears I was so exited when I had the extra cash to play around with so I got this and now.
Brunilda Kora

Lekisha Furin

But there are ways to make your machine more efficient - here's a good starting point:

Hi Patch

Thank you for the prompt reply. I read through that script and surely there has to be a better way. That script leaves a pc as a corps it kills and stops almost every process. Please tel me there is a better way?
Brunilda Kora

Brunilda Kora

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy