Apologies to all...

Apologies to all...
Posted on: 14.11.2013 by Doreen Schurle
Hey folks, as some of you may have noticed I disappeared for a while; basically I had some relationship issues with my ex and didn't really feel like doing... well, anything lol. So unfortunately I've been neglecting everyone with regards to cables and mapping inquires.

With that said, however, I'm more or less back and ready to go on all fronts I'll be answering your PMs and e-mails over the next few days, but thought I'd leave you with this as a taster of things to come:

Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50
Sweet. Can't wait to get it.

I'm tempted to pick up a pair of Dicers as well. I really like how you can quickly jump loop sizes etc.

I just realized I'm copying MDC's set up entirely :P Reloop Contours and Zomos.

edit:

mdc: That's exactly what I do No joke, I wish they made a really cheap platter made just for beatgridding/cue point marking.
I've got one, it's called the DJ-Tech CDJ-101, used to be
Doreen Schurle

I'm tempted to pick up a pair of Dicers as well. I really like how you can quickly jump loop sizes etc.

edit:

mdc: That's exactly what I do No joke, I wish they made a really cheap platter made just for beatgridding/cue point marking.
Doreen Schurle

edit:

Evalyn Voges
Pretty neat o.o

Although it seems kind of pointless if you run a Traktor Remix Deck right?
You'll have to wait for the review.
Evalyn Voges
What are you doing with your MC-1000 since you use tables and dicers?

happydan: What Akai pad is that? Doesn't look like an LPD8.
It's the MPX8. I was doing a review of it for DJWORX. It has air horn...
Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by Patch
I REALLY wanted one of those. Amazon had a few a while back, and Maplin (the bastards) sold out...

Kept an eye on ebay for a while, but they were not going for anywhere near what I wanted to pay.
I might be persuaded to sell mine at some point, haven't used them in a while!
Doreen Schurle

edit:

Doreen Schurle
If I had to minimise my set-up, I'd simply have a laptop and a MC-1000.
This. If you're playing house/trance or even commercial, an MC-1000 and an RMX-80 will do EVERYTHING you could possibly need.
Evalyn Voges
Pretty neat o.o

You'll have to wait for the review.
Gaynell Rydberg
Pretty neat o.o

Evalyn Voges

It's the MPX8. I was doing a review of it for DJWORX. It has air horn...
Hank Guidas
Bought the rmx-80 too. Hard to say how it does compared to pioneer mixers, since I haven't tested them side by side. I'm happy about it though.
Doreen Schurle
I REALLY wanted one of those. Amazon had a few a while back, and Maplin (the bastards) sold out...

Kept an eye on ebay for a while, but they were not going for anywhere near what I wanted to pay.
I might be persuaded to sell mine at some point, haven't used them in a while!
Gaynell Rydberg
-___________________-

100 dollars on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/DJ-Tech-CDJ101.../dp/B0052VYJDQ

lol. I swear the UK gets so much cool shit compared to the US.
Brunilda Kora

Doreen Schurle

edit:

Gaynell Rydberg

edit:

Doreen Schurle
This. If you're playing house/trance or even commercial, an MC-1000 and an RMX-80 will do EVERYTHING you could possibly need.
Brunilda Kora
I use the stock mappings that come with the MC-1000. Bought controller, imported mapping, had fun.

MDC has done a couple of really good ones too...
Gaynell Rydberg
Oooh sweet... Custom map? Exact reasons why I want another controller. I need filters badly since I don't have channel filters on my X1500.

I believe I will buy the MC-1000. Impulse buy :|

I have no clue what to do with all these sound cards now lol. I believe I will try to get rid of my contour interface for two controllers.
Brunilda Kora
I use the MC-1000 for navigation, looping, and filters (well, sometimes I use the filters - I use the filters on my DJM-850 more ...)

TBH - I really bought with ONLY navigation in mind. But (and MDC will tell you this) it's an AWESOME all-in-one/stand alone controller for 2, 3 or 4 deck mixing.

Gaynell Rydberg
Buy a Zomo MC-1000.

Doreen Schurle
Originally Posted by happydan
The RMX-80 is a really nice mixer....
Holy fuck that setup :O
Evalyn Voges
The RMX-80 is a really nice mixer....
Brunilda Kora
Buy a Zomo MC-1000.
Doreen Schurle
Considering how cheap Zomos are now, I'm tempted to get one. I really just want a controller to launch other decks and for looping.

It's hard to take my DJing to the next level with a single platter.

RMX-80 looks sexy. I wanna upgrade my mixer, but I rarely ever use effects lol. I just want individual channel filters so badly.
Definitely a vote for the Zomo here, although I don't use mine much these days unfortunately

The RMX-80's main appeal, for me anyway, is the incredible HPF/LPF filters and the adjustable upfader curves. Plus it uses the sickeningly smooth channel faders from the TM2/TM4, which really are in a league of their own. As far as pure MIXERS go (ignoring pointless mixer FX and things like USB audio etc), it's very difficult to beat.
Gaynell Rydberg
Considering how cheap Zomos are now, I'm tempted to get one. I really just want a controller to launch other decks and for looping.

It's hard to take my DJing to the next level with a single platter.

RMX-80 looks sexy. I wanna upgrade my mixer, but I rarely ever use effects lol. I just want individual channel filters so badly.
Doreen Schurle
Yea, I'm split at the moment whether to grab a 2nd controller of a different kind or to get a 2nd Contour.

I only really use the platter for beatgridding/cues, but I have a feeling I might just make it more confusing if I don't get a matching 2nd platter :|
Tbh it was a no-brainer for me; I use the jogs for the same reason you do and not much else, and the only controller which even came close to the Contours in terms of feel was the Jockey 3, which is basically the same as having a pair of Contours. I did experiment with some X1s but they just weren't in the same league, and moving to 4 decks was the next step for me, so 4 Contours it is!

Saving up for an RMX-80 at the moment, starting a new 3-evening residency later this month so that should help nicely lol.
Gaynell Rydberg
Yea, I'm split at the moment whether to grab a 2nd controller of a different kind or to get a 2nd Contour.

I only really use the platter for beatgridding/cues, but I have a feeling I might just make it more confusing if I don't get a matching 2nd platter :|
Doreen Schurle
omg.... so sexy. I love this controller so much. The platter and buttons feel so nice. I just refuse to pay 190 for a controllerr edition when I paid the same amount for an interface edition.

I was believeing of adding an Akai LPD8 for instant grat fx, but with your new mapping, I might not have to. I rarely ever touch the FX knobs during my mixes.
I got really lucky and managed to get another pair of CEs for
Gaynell Rydberg
omg.... so sexy. I love this controller so much. The platter and buttons feel so nice. I just refuse to pay 190 for a controllerr edition when I paid the same amount for an interface edition.

I was believeing of adding an Akai LPD8 for instant grat fx, but with your new mapping, I might not have to. I rarely ever touch the FX knobs during my mixes.
Doreen Schurle
Not too bad, slightly angry as I've been drinking (which I don't do for this very reason), but DJTT always cheers me up!

And ahaha SlvrDragon50; I've got 4 of the fuckers now

Dannie Dimora
welcome back bro, hope you're alright
Gaynell Rydberg
New Contour mapping? W00T W00T. I believe you and I are the only ones who use them :|

I'm trying to hunt down a second controller.
Yong Aptekar
Don't worry, we held down the fort while you were away
Lannie Kutay
glad your back, I went through something similar a while back. That stuff can really get ya down if you let it.

Good to see you moving in the right direction!
Doreen Schurle
Cheers guys
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
welcome back man
Hellen Mindrup
Welcome back
Brunilda Kora
Welcome back, homie!

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy