Started Soundcloud Label - Looking for Artists!

Started Soundcloud Label - Looking for Artists!
Posted on: 11.11.2013 by Evan Zidar
Hi Guys,

So I started with some buddys a soundcloud based Label a while ago.
At the moment there's only me and another one of my buddys in the label.
Now we have 2,500K Followers on Soundcloud and want to grow our Label with a small amount of Artists to promote.

At the moment we are only on soundcloud but maybe we go on youtube and co. when the time is ready.

If you have any own Musictracks (no mixtapes) and you believe you are one of the new Artists for us, please get in contact by writing an email ([email protected]) or a Private Message on Soundcloud.

What we'll do for you is uploading or reposting your songs to our channel. (like soundisstyle, majesticcasual, etonmessy,...)
Our goal is that we can go to beatport in a couple of months so we'll be able to sell our tracks for the ones who like it (the downloads on SC will stay mostly free to download)

That's it for the moment so I hope to get some answers from awesome people out there!
here's the Soundcloud-Page: www.soundcloud.com/dcs

Thank you!
Lawana Mileto
Originally Posted by PalaceOne
Our first goal at the moment is just to give some artists a bigger platform to present their music. Next to this we exchange information about what they are doing and what we are doing. It is important to us, that we get to know the artists not only by the musical side but by what's going on next to this etc.

At the moment all the tracks belong to the musicians and we do not own any rights but we have several social network channels where we advertise the music if something new drops. Our main channel will be soundcloud, but to get the chance of more listeners, we're building up a youtube channel, facebook and twitter.

It is going on step by step and the artists at the moment know that we're in the build-up phase and at the moment we're very content how it is working.
I completely understand how your going about it etc and you have all the right ideas about promoting the artists and getting to know them.

But really until your actually releasing the material say on beatport/traxsource etc can you really call yourself a label, personally I dont believe so. It will take time and a lot of hardwork, but rather than starting out "releasing" music on soundcloud, wait and build up a roster of artists that you are happy with and the artists are happy to be involved in, and then start an actual label. Build your self a fan base on soundcloud etc put up podcasts or whatever. Honestly you'll be taken more seriously and would benefit you and the artists in the long run.

Why? well if an artist involved with you went to another label and they asked who they had released with it wouldnt look great if they'd only released a free ep through soundcloud.
Evan Zidar
Originally Posted by amadeus
Would love to know what a Soundcloud label is, so your basically just posting peoples music for download on your profile?

I don't get why your not just starting a label? I see thet you are yet you've said most music will stay as a free download, so how would this work if your also trying to sell it?

I'm trying to run the idea down, it's just seems a weird way of doing it?
Our first goal at the moment is just to give some artists a bigger platform to present their music. Next to this we exchange information about what they are doing and what we are doing. It is important to us, that we get to know the artists not only by the musical side but by what's going on next to this etc.

At the moment all the tracks belong to the musicians and we do not own any rights but we have several social network channels where we advertise the music if something new drops. Our main channel will be soundcloud, but to get the chance of more listeners, we're building up a youtube channel, facebook and twitter.

It is going on step by step and the artists at the moment know that we're in the build-up phase and at the moment we're very content how it is working.
Evan Zidar
Originally Posted by thelostart
Do you do anything at the moment besides post your artists' music to Soundcloud?
Yes, We're support the artists on social networks and are looking for a license with all the rights about being a label etc.
It's still in the build up phase so it's all step by step.
Matt Kane
if you
Evan Zidar
Originally Posted by antifmradio
guys (PalaceOne)
im not sure if it applies to you but please make sure you dont need to operate under a "Mechanical License" to do all this.
Look into it in your country because again, it might not apply to you but its best to make sure first before you for example, lose contact with an artist you USED to work with.
Yep, we're looking for this. we check what we have to do in switzerland to get this brand licensed. but thank you for the help!
Evan Zidar
Hi Guys,

So I started with some buddys a soundcloud based Label a while ago.
At the moment there's only me and another one of my buddys in the label.
Now we have 2,500K Followers on Soundcloud and want to grow our Label with a small amount of Artists to promote.

At the moment we are only on soundcloud but maybe we go on youtube and co. when the time is ready.

If you have any own Musictracks (no mixtapes) and you believe you are one of the new Artists for us, please get in contact by writing an email ([email protected]) or a Private Message on Soundcloud.

What we'll do for you is uploading or reposting your songs to our channel. (like soundisstyle, majesticcasual, etonmessy,...)
Our goal is that we can go to beatport in a couple of months so we'll be able to sell our tracks for the ones who like it (the downloads on SC will stay mostly free to download)

That's it for the moment so I hope to get some answers from awesome people out there!
here's the Soundcloud-Page: www.soundcloud.com/dcs

Thank you!
Lawana Mileto
Originally Posted by PalaceOne

I completely understand how your going about it etc and you have all the right ideas about promoting the artists and getting to know them.

But really until your actually releasing the material say on beatport/traxsource etc can you really call yourself a label, personally I dont believe so. It will take time and a lot of hardwork, but rather than starting out "releasing" music on soundcloud, wait and build up a roster of artists that you are happy with and the artists are happy to be involved in, and then start an actual label. Build your self a fan base on soundcloud etc put up podcasts or whatever. Honestly you'll be taken more seriously and would benefit you and the artists in the long run.

Why? well if an artist involved with you went to another label and they asked who they had released with it wouldnt look great if they'd only released a free ep through soundcloud.
Evan Zidar
Originally Posted by amadeus
Would love to know what a Soundcloud label is, so your basically just posting peoples music for download on your profile?

I don't get why your not just starting a label? I see thet you are yet you've said most music will stay as a free download, so how would this work if your also trying to sell it?

Evan Zidar
Originally Posted by thelostart
Do you do anything at the moment besides post your artists' music to Soundcloud?
Yes, We're support the artists on social networks and are looking for a license with all the rights about being a label etc.
It's still in the build up phase so it's all step by step.
Lawana Mileto

Wynell Muma
I'll check this out guys, if you want to work with me for future promo then check out my blog
http://bangersandmashed.wordpress.com/
Bruno Tscherne
Matt Kane
if you
Evan Zidar
Originally Posted by antifmradio
guys (PalaceOne)
im not sure if it applies to you but please make sure you dont need to operate under a "Mechanical License" to do all this.
Look into it in your country because again, it might not apply to you but its best to make sure first before you for example, lose contact with an artist you USED to work with.
Yep, we're looking for this. we check what we have to do in switzerland to get this brand licensed. but thank you for the help!
Libbie Orion
guys (PalaceOne)
Nga Mcquarter
Sending you a PM via soundcloud ASAP, first I gotta fix some stuff! My username is ATALAYA. I hope we can talk later
Evan Zidar
At the moment we'll not focus very straight on genres, but the main genres for me personally are IDM, UK-Bass and some Deep House.
But why don't support sb with other genres when we like it?
First of all we want only to support a small amount of artists so we can build up a personal relationship what in my opinion, is very important.

Feel free to contact us
I'm super excited and look forward!
Rufus Ondrick
you guys do all genre?
Hellen Mindrup
I PM'd you on Soundcloud about this.
Alease Fitch
What genres do you guys focus on?

<< Back to Free word - say whatever you like which does not fit under the other topics.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy