Epic Grid Challenge : Nagoya Marimba (HNNY Edit) - Steve Reich

Home :: General Discussion :: Epic Grid Challenge : Nagoya Marimba (HNNY Edit) - Steve ReichReply
Epic Grid Challenge : Nagoya Marimba (HNNY Edit) - Steve Reich
Posted on: 26.12.2013 by Dani Gutsche
Ok, I've really tried everything (and I'm a pretty fine gridder) but I'm starting to believe that it's impossible to grid this track. Anyone been able to do it? Track seems to "switch" tempo and/or grid halfway through the track. Or am I just missing something?

If you want the file to try it out, drop me a message. Would be wicked to play this out in my sets.

Regards,

Julian
Tera Baragan
Originally Posted by Sonarious
Stewe's suggestion kinda works, added another grid for the next track to plug into at 17.2.2

So strange still, anyone tried it out with the actual track? Can you see my problem? Never had this with a track before...
I have a lot of tracks that go off grid on the second drop due to a weird off time build. normally with bangin tracks lol.

This is where beatmatching by ear comes into play rather then jst using the phase meter!

The only thing that you would truly need it beat gridded for is sync and fx. Both not necessary
Dani Gutsche
Ok, I've really tried everything (and I'm a pretty fine gridder) but I'm starting to believe that it's impossible to grid this track. Anyone been able to do it? Track seems to "switch" tempo and/or grid halfway through the track. Or am I just missing something?

If you want the file to try it out, drop me a message. Would be wicked to play this out in my sets.

Regards,

Julian
Tera Baragan
Originally Posted by Sonarious
Stewe's suggestion kinda works, added another grid for the next track to plug into at 17.2.2

So strange still, anyone tried it out with the actual track? Can you see my problem? Never had this with a track before...
I have a lot of tracks that go off grid on the second drop due to a weird off time build. normally with bangin tracks lol.

This is where beatmatching by ear comes into play rather then jst using the phase meter!

The only thing that you would truly need it beat gridded for is sync and fx. Both not necessary
Dani Gutsche

Keitha Prichard
OK then this way it is going to happen as i was not aware with it but now is and next time i will try it myself
Kellie Myrum
You can add another grid at the point where that track starts to get off the beat.
Ervin Calvery
Just grid it to the drums.
Dani Gutsche
Thanks for your response, but actually I'm looking for a way to grid the track for use in Traktor!
Lannie Kutay
dont be scared to let the track fall out of time for just a second...just push your turntable and match them back up.

<< Back to General DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy