Reply to Tip for people mixing in the 120-130 bpm range

Tip for people mixing in the 120-130 bpm range
Hi,

So I've known this small tip for some years now and I wanted to share it. Many of you may already know it, but for those who doesn't it might be useful.

The tip is basically that 1 bpm is around 0,8 % pitch increase or decrease, when in the 120-130 bpm range. It's almost never exactly 0,8 % but it's a good starting point. It's usually 0,78 etc.. 2 bpm is of course 0,8 % multiplied by two. However, the further you increase/decrease the bpm, the less the rule applies. So if you want to increase the the bpm with 6 or more, then it's pretty far from 0,8*6.

I have a cdj without bpm display, so it's really useful when mixing on crappy gear. It's also useful when mixing vinyl, atleast as a starting point to mix from, turntables ofc doesn't have a bpm display, but you can kinda figure out where to put the pitch according to the lines by the pitch. You still have to use your ears to get it perfect though.

You can basically use this with all genres, atleast if you mix within a certain range, it's just to get your caculator and do the math.

Hope somebody find this useful.
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy