Reply to CD Dj advice

CD Dj advice
I have just go into DJing. I have been a producer for over 9 years in Trance, but now I want to give Djing a try, I have Numark NDX 800's i bought used that are in good condition and i have a CD collection of Trance.

Before read any further, I Do not want to DJ with Serato, or Midi controllers or iPods. I am very picky about Equipment especially in the Digital age where quality suffers for convenient benefits. I only would like to DJ on CD or Vinyl as this question has to do with CDs.
My questions are:

1) Most importantly, should I burn CDs with individual tracks or multiple tracks? (I know so far that I been burning my CD at the lowest speed possible for my burner, to prevent CD errors.) I been burning multiple tracks on CDs for practice so far.

2) I been brning with Verbatims since i herd they are best for the price, any other CDs i can look at for stable rotation and quality?

3) Beat Matching tips. Allthough the Numark NDX 800 tell you the BPM readout, i prefer to not use that as I been so far told that they can be incorrect and I also believe music is about hearing, not seeing. So pretty much i covered the BPM readouts with tape. I use the pitch bend and jog to get in sync, but are there any other tips for beatmatching?

Thats about all right now, so experianced Djs in CDJs if you can give me pointers and tips? Again, i am new to this but not new to the music as I been producer for a while, but i rather ask people who have DJ skills for a while.

Thanks!
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy