Reply to Kontrol S2 outputs are not loud at all

Kontrol S2 outputs are not loud at all
Anyone else notice this?

I did my first gig with powered speakers plugged directly into the balanced outputs of the S2, and I had both the speakers and master volume cranked all the way in a room with 28 people (the room had about 4 tables, and wasn't very big at all). I had two Yorkville NX55P's (anyone that knows these speakers knows they're no slouch), 1 for a main, and 1 for a monitor and it seemed like I could have both the master volume and the gain on the speakers cranked all the way up without anyone even believeing it was too loud.

Before I had the S2, I had the VCI-100 with the Audio 2DJ plugged into a separate line level mixer and noticed it was MUCH louder, but isn't the S2 supposed to have the same sound card as the Audio 2DJ? Is the difference in volume because the Audio 2DJ hooked up to an additional line level mixer has an additional boost on the line level mixer's channel volume + the master volume?

With that in mind, if I hook the S2 up to the line level mixer, it's MUCH louder...But overall, I'm not impressed with how quiet the S2's soundcard is on it's own.
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy