Reply to S2 Dying in Middle of Gigs...help please

S2 Dying in Middle of Gigs...help please
So this has now happened to me enough times (3 out of my last 4 gigs) that I'm concerned and hoping to find a solution.

Basically, my S2 will just completely die in the middle of a gig. Sometimes a couple times in a longer gig. When I say die, I mean all audio shuts off and is routed through my laptop speakers (S2 is no longer seen as an interface), and the whole unit just powers off and everything goes dark. Closing Traktor, unplugging and replugging the S2 USB connection, and reopening Traktor solves the problem (not exactly ideal in the middle of a set)! Traktor itself does not seem to have any issues, I can do anything I want still in the software - the problem seems to be the S2.

What's odd about this is that it only happens when the S2 is also my audio interface. I have my Traktor library synced via DropBox so usually when I'm at home going thru tracks/practicing whatever, I use the S2 simply as a controller via USB to my iMac and my Duet 2 Handles audio duties. Just for having one less thing to use when I go out though, I don't bring the duet and use the S2 for everything. I mention this cause I've done 4 or 5 hour sets with no problem at home, not using the S2 for audio, only to have the thing cut out 30 or 40 minutes into a set playing out. I have tried a couple different USB cables, and also do use AC power for the S2.

I do have the BeauBryte S2 mapping going, I have no idea if that's an issue. I don't see other people reporting problems with that though so I don't know what the deal is.
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy