Reply to Tips on headphone cueing/nudging jogwheel for next track (manual beatmatching)

Tips on headphone cueing/nudging jogwheel for next track (manual beatmatching)
Hi I been playing with the s4 quite a bit and pretty familiar with the EQ/effects/loops etc and been doing mixes comfortably. Now getting into the next phase that is trying to get into beatmatching manually without phase meters/sync and just wanted to ask a question about cueing in general. What's the proper way to do it? Do you guys do the cue mix with both tracks on in your headphones to beatmatch before dropping the next track into your set? Or do you put the next upcoming track in one side of your headphones (left most side of your cue mix toggle) and try to beatmatch with the current track being played on the speaker output? Any good tips on beatmatching other than dropping it on the first beat? How do you guys nudge the jogwheel as well? is it more like a trial and error basis? I still can't really grasp a track is slower or faster even though the BPM is matched the same.

My style is mostly underground minimal house/techno/deep house. I find I can get techno to beatmatch easier but deep house and minimal house is much harder to get the beat in place when I try to do long transistions.

Thanks for the help and much appreciated!
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy