Reply to Thinking about adding Turntables to my S4, is it worth it?

Thinking about adding Turntables to my S4, is it worth it?
Hey everyone, I would like some input on this one. So i've had my s4 for about a year now and i believe its absolutely killer. But now I really wanna get into the real realm of DJing. I've been a noob for the past year to be honest. I used sync for a bit when i started, but now I kinda use the phase meter a lot (which is basically the same thing i know). I can kind of beat match but not 100%. I rarely use the jog wheel, except when searching around for a part in a track. I mainly use the cue buttons along with the phase meter to do my mixing. With that said, is there really a point in adding turntables? I mean like I said I barely use my jog wheels. I would like to learn how to scratch one day, but i dont believe i would really use that skill much since I spin a lot of EDM (house/trance) but I also play hip-hop too sometimes. But really though, what ADVANTAGES would adding some turntables through timecode really do for me as a DJ? Scratching is one....but what else? I see a lot of DJ's using TT's when they mix in songs, and want to do that (and look like that lol) so maybe its a good idea?

Sorry if i sound like a newb but I kind of am. I would appreciate some kind words of wisdom, and maybe some people who actually use the S4 with timecoded turntables!
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy