Reply to Looking for a Controller to Use w/Serato

Looking for a Controller to Use w/Serato
Not sure if this is exactly the right section but here it goes:

As a mobile dj ive always found it quite cumbersome to have to bring my entire setup to SOME gigs (you know, those really little ones where you are well aware your not going to have a good time), and have always considered buying a second 19'' setup so i could have something portable that would be a breeze to set up at those kinds of gigs.
More recently i realized though that it would probably just be best to get a controller, which would be MUCH lighter than a 19'' rack setup and would be as easy plugging in a usb and outputs.
Im well aware of how many controllers are out there, and if i was looking for anything id just search any old site, but what im specifically looking for is something i can use with serato. I have SSL right now with the SL2 box so all my music is already organized through serato (all my crates, tags, etc).

My understanding is that Serato Itch is the software serato uses with controllers, as well as on Serato's site; they have Serato DJ (the second coming of itch?) both of which have controllers on the site listed with them. Im assuming that those softwares only work with the mentioned hardware on the site? (This is my main question). To use serato itch or searto DJ which are obv compatible with my SSL crates must i get one of the controllers they list on their site? If i can use other controllers, which of the serato softwares would they work for?

My criteria for the controller would be as follows: light (-er than a mixer n turntable setup), small-ish (the point is im trying to replace a table full of gear , so i prefer something that i could easily bring on an airplane) something where i still have decent control over the music (scratching is not a priority, but id like to be able jog thru the tracks as if i could scratch). Lastly ~250 US dollars. Id be willing to stretch to $300 but the only way i would do that is if the controller would be able to replace my regular mixer in the sense that id be able to use SL2 with it to use my normal CD decks, and i could map the buttons on it to trigger cues, loops and EFX in SSL. Im also not opposed to used gear if it will keep me in budget.

Reason i need this is because soon im going to be doing a few events far away, so ill be taking a plane and would like to not have to buy flight cases to lug my stuff around in.

Thats a handful i know, but thank you for your help in advance. I imagine those here can atleast lead me in the right direction.
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy