Reply to MidiFighter: 3D or Spectra?

MidiFighter: 3D or Spectra?
Hi, I'm new on this community and have literally just started DJing.

That said, I'm running Traktor and have a weekly slot in a popular evening club (don't ask me how I managed that, I don't even know!). Anyway, I'm working with Traktor pretty well and I really need a controller because I'm just using mouse and keyboard at the moment and I want to do more than beatmatch!! Just beat matching songs is boring me, I want to bring something new and interesting into this place (no-one does controllerism or even interesting mashups here, I blew a lot of minds playing some DJ Schmolli tracks...) and I want to push for a chance on another evening in a few months!

The question is what MidiFighter should I put with the S4 (the controller I'm looking at)?

I want to do cue juggling, but I also want a lot of FX control! Versatility is the key! (Variety is the spice of life afterall )

I was originally looking at a Kaos Pad Quad but that seems a bit heavy handed as it's audio only and there are perfectly good effects in Traktor that can be triggered by midi. (I also do mixing and production so having a button controller will help my workflow in Logic+Protools!)

So, which do I go for?

Can I assign the same effect to the buttons as well as the motion detectors (because super combos are awesome), but I want to be able to smoothly change settings as well (filters etc). Can I use the tilt detectors as make shift super faders (like the pro) Is there any point getting the 3D if I can assign effects to the jog wheels or are the wheels not that powerful once set up?

Basically... HELP! I can't argue either way as I haven't been able to touch either of them (but I want one so badly! :P )

So yeah, 3D or Spectra?

Thanks
G
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy