Reply to Kontrol S4 - Mapping help needed - Complete Starter PLEASE HELP!!!!

Kontrol S4 - Mapping help needed - Complete Starter PLEASE HELP!!!!
Hi Folks

I've had my S4 for around 6 months, only just making the leap to digital from vinyl and CDJ's. Pretty up to speed with the basics of the S4 and now trying to explore some of the more advanced features like mapping.

I'm trying to create a 'super FX' button to help create build-ups by mapping several FX onto a single FX knob and sad to say I'm falling at the first hurdle.

I've read all the posts I can find and all seem to make the process sound really simple but I just don't seem to have the same options available in my controller manager...

To be specific, I'm looking to achieve something like this:

In terms of setup, I'm using an S4 Mk1 with the latest Traktor Pro 2.6.6.

I enter the controller manager and create a Kontrol S4 device rather than amend the default.

It's at this point I get stuck, in the Youtube video above, a 'Chained FX' option is selected from the 'Add In' button. I'm assuming this process has been replaced in the later versions of Traktor, so I have tried to explore the other options...

- I click Add In > FX Unit > Knob 1 to select the first FX knob
- Then click learn and twist the knob, Traktor then picks up the correct knob

- At this point I'm looking to select the Interaction Mode as Direct (which i've read elsewhere) and then select the appropriate FX from a list to control but I don't have that option???

I see a Fader/Knob section below which has only 'Soft Takeover' and 'Invert' tick boxes....

I'm assuming I'm missing a fundamental step but have read the Traktor manual and searched these community s but can't find anything that helps???

Can anyone out there point me in the direction of a complete starter guide or point out where i'm going wrong? Any help would be much appreciated!

Adam
You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy