Kontrol F-1
Midi Fighter Spectra
Novation Dicers
Mackie MR5 Studio Monitors
Shure M447
Ortofon Concorde w/ Pro S stylus
Ikea DJ/Production desk

*07/22/2012
This is what I'm working with so far. Finally got some crane stands for my CDJ's and am pretty happy with how they hold. Setup won't feel complete until I get a DJM 800/850K and an Audio 10 card to run everything through. Right now I have the 2 TT's and left CDJ connected to an Audio 6 set up with time codes. The right CDJ is controlled through midi which is pretty glitchy at times. I doubt it, but hopefully this will be resolved in the new TSP2 update.

Purchased LED strip from Frys for $40. Comes with a cool little remote to change the colors and patterns

Ikea Expedit!!! I'm gonna have to get another one of these once I get my 4 channel mixer. The only way to fit it in is to set up my TT's in the battle position.

Is it safe to have my CDJ's this close to the Monitors???

Got this lil dude in Japantown SF.
Nevada Edgette
*01/18/2013
Setup with the new Kontrol Z2 replacing the DJM800. Other than the MidiFighter, I've always used Pioneer's effects. It is definitely taking some time getting used to the Traktor internal effects. Anyone else ever make this transfer?

Nevada Edgette
Originally Posted by OmniRoss
What are those white head shells you're using?
The one in the case is just a technics head shell painted white. Can't re,ember where I got it from. The one on my TT in the pic is a Concorde pro.
Annalisa Shogren
What are those white head shells you're using?
Erich Vallabhaneni
sweeet setup man!!!
Nevada Edgette
*10/18/2012
Finally found some time to take shots of the setup.
Heres what has been Updated/changed from the last pics:
  • Painted the face plates for my Technics flat black
  • Added Purple LEDS to both Technics. Used Solderless kits from Tech Transplant. ( Fun install! )
  • Internally grounded both TT's and fixed pitch issue with one of them ( VIPERFRANK on Youtube is the S**T )
  • Went with the clear control vinyl and I believe it looks dope!
  • Replaced the DJM400 with a DJM800
  • Added a MFPRO ( Thanks to Coldfuzion! )
  • Got rid of the CDJ850's ( no HID w/ Traktor )
  • Put my trusty 1000MK3 back to work
  • Replaced the MAUDIO Monitors with Mackie MR2's
  • Found a cool case for my needles
  • IRONMAN is awesome! (MK4 SUIT)

Thinking about adding a KRK10S subwoofer to the get up this weekend. Placement may be an issue. Now that I believe of it... i'm not really sure how to hook it up to my current monitors

Nevada Edgette
Originally Posted by MyUsername
Crane stands as CDJ stands is either overkill or ballin'
I can't decide wich.
Lets go with ballin
I like em! Got one Crane stand from CL for $70 and already had one for my Laptop. Once I build custom stands or cough up money for them odyssey ones my laptop will be laying low.
Nereida Jasnoch
Crane stands as CDJ stands is either overkill or ballin'
I can't decide wich.
Nevada Edgette
Originally Posted by Louie_V
Great setup man! how are the CDJ-850's working with Advanced HID in 2.5.1?
Thanks for the comment! The advanced HID doesn't work with the 850's, only the 900's and 2000's. Not sure about the 400's.
Shantae Faile
Great setup man! how are the CDJ-850's working with Advanced HID in 2.5.1?
Nevada Edgette
Originally Posted by MrAybar
Can some please point me on the right direction in order to custom build a table like this one!!!!! My wofe is almost divorcing me because i have gear all over the house and this seems like a great solution!!

Thx in advance
http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=43017
Kandi Odom
Can some please point me on the right direction in order to custom build a table like this one!!!!! My wofe is almost divorcing me because i have gear all over the house and this seems like a great solution!!

Thx in advance
Nevada Edgette
Originally Posted by Scott Michael
Have you had time to download and run 2.5.1? How's the HID functionality working? I'm believeing about selling my cdj 1000's and picking up some 850's and running them in HID w/ 2.5.1.

** just realized they didnt add HID support for 850k line... sad
Super sad...

Since updating, my jog wheels randomly stop working in MIDI mode.
Noriko Lebowitz
Are those.....BEATS BY DRE? Everyone Run!

Lol. Just kidding. Awesome setup man.
Jenae Hensarling
Have you had time to download and run 2.5.1? How's the HID functionality working? I'm believeing about selling my cdj 1000's and picking up some 850's and running them in HID w/ 2.5.1.

** just realized they didnt add HID support for 850k line... sad
Stefania Herb
Originally Posted by fokaisnake
Nice, for 36 bucks I might just do that. Maybe add some elevation with 4" Capita brackets... okay this is happening!!!
glad i can help sir ! but to bond the legs to the expedit, youll have to do some extra mods as the expedit uses honeycomb, if you search the threads a lil youll find tons of help
Nevada Edgette
Originally Posted by durtyjerzy609
you dont need another expedit to fit your decks battle style, a vika amon table top is the same length as the expidit is tall and works a treat... check my thread if you want to know what it looks like.
Nice, for 36 bucks I might just do that. Maybe add some elevation with 4" Capita brackets... okay this is happening!!!
Jacob Fetta
Great set up. I have a similar one, but smaller
Stefania Herb
you dont need another expedit to fit your decks battle style, a vika amon table top is the same length as the expidit is tall and works a treat... check my thread if you want to know what it looks like.
Carlee Pickard
Originally Posted by fokaisnake
Meh, the cdj's do their job as CD/Timecode players but the whole HID thing is pretty much non existent. They advertise it as HID but its really just running off a Midi mapping. Shouldv'e done my research! Scored the pair off CL second hand for $900 so i'm not mad The guy I bought them from was the original owner and took excellent care of the decks. I do like the fact that they have USB slots which I use to run MP3/WAV timecodes. I havent run inot any problems with the built in sound cards but I have yet to mess with the whole aggregate audio thing. But yeah, If I had to choose between the 850's and 900's I would def spend the extra $$$ and get the 900's.

Ahh! I appreciate the response!
Nevada Edgette
Originally Posted by Toastmaster
Such beauty. Wondrous booth and setup you have there.
Thanks!
Chrissy Kynard
Such beauty. Wondrous booth and setup you have there.
Nevada Edgette
Originally Posted by Locky Kahl
That is a nice setup, and just for clarification on the whole cdj hid thing, even the cdj 2000s don't work nicely in hid with traktor, if you want to run CDJ's with HID serato is the only proper option. That is an awesome price on the 850s I dont believe anyone would pass that up, they look brand new. Does the djm 850 have an in/out soundcard or only out?
It was a pretty sweet deal for the decks but I would trade both of them for one CDJ2000!
The 850's only have audio outs.
Caryn Yosko
That is a nice setup, and just for clarification on the whole cdj hid thing, even the cdj 2000s don't work nicely in hid with traktor, if you want to run CDJ's with HID serato is the only proper option. That is an awesome price on the 850s I dont believe anyone would pass that up, they look brand new. Does the djm 850 have an in/out soundcard or only out?
Nevada Edgette
Actually the HID works fine with Serato, so i've heard.
Nevada Edgette
Originally Posted by Coldfuzion
Diggin the setup! How do you like those CDJs? And did you compare them to the 900's, & 2000's when you purchased them? Why'd you pick them? price point?

Meh, the cdj's do their job as CD/Timecode players but the whole HID thing is pretty much non existent. They advertise it as HID but its really just running off a Midi mapping. Shouldv'e done my research! Scored the pair off CL second hand for $900 so i'm not mad The guy I bought them from was the original owner and took excellent care of the decks. I do like the fact that they have USB slots which I use to run MP3/WAV timecodes. I havent run inot any problems with the built in sound cards but I have yet to mess with the whole aggregate audio thing. But yeah, If I had to choose between the 850's and 900's I would def spend the extra $$$ and get the 900's.
Carlee Pickard
Diggin the setup! How do you like those CDJs? And did you compare them to the 900's, & 2000's when you purchased them? Why'd you pick them? price point?
Lana Akey
Awesome set up man!

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy