Kontrol F-1
Midi Fighter Spectra
Novation Dicers
Mackie MR5 Studio Monitors
Shure M447
Ortofon Concorde w/ Pro S stylus
Ikea DJ/Production desk

*07/22/2012
This is what I'm working with so far. Finally got some crane stands for my CDJ's and am pretty happy with how they hold. Setup won't feel complete until I get a DJM 800/850K and an Audio 10 card to run everything through. Right now I have the 2 TT's and left CDJ connected to an Audio 6 set up with time codes. The right CDJ is controlled through midi which is pretty glitchy at times. I doubt it, but hopefully this will be resolved in the new TSP2 update.

Purchased LED strip from Frys for $40. Comes with a cool little remote to change the colors and patterns

Ikea Expedit!!! I'm gonna have to get another one of these once I get my 4 channel mixer. The only way to fit it in is to set up my TT's in the battle position.

Is it safe to have my CDJ's this close to the Monitors???

Got this lil dude in Japantown SF.
Nevada Edgette
Originally Posted by Rukks
When you sell those Dicers lemme know
It's not the limited ones with different colored LEDS that DJTT used to sell. I spray painted them white
Nevada Edgette
Originally Posted by Coldfuzion
Fokainsnake! Dude how do you like the RMX? Your setup looks sick! I still have the CDJ 850s you sold me, and I picked up a DJM-850 with it, i'm debating whether or not to add an RMX to it.
The RMX is a beast!!! It will work flawless with your pio setup but I would try to test one out before making a decision, it does cost quite a chunk of change. Oh and you could also use it as a VST which is pretty awesome. I'm glad those 850s went to a someone who appreciates them. Lovin your 850 setup!
Nevada Edgette
Here are some crappy iPhone shots for now. Will take some better ones when I get my DSLR back. I don't care what others are saying about these stands, they are f**kin awesome! Makes my Traktor setup look like a single impenetrable unit!!! <<< 300 Ref

Albertina Fay
Originally Posted by fokaisnake
***02/12/2013

Setup with the Spectra and RMX

Nice..!!

Are you using the master out on the Z2 to the RMX1000? how is it working out for you?

How do you like the RMX1000 effects compared to the Traktor effects.
Nevada Edgette
Originally Posted by MaxOne
Nice set up!

What speaker stands you using?

Ta

Mx
Can't remember the name of the maker but I got them from GC. Paid around 40-50 for the pair. They are the ones with the triangle bottoms.
Nevada Edgette
Originally Posted by Rukks
It's not the limited ones with different colored LEDS that DJTT used to sell. I spray painted them white
Lang Abriel
Precious Pequignot
Sweet setup dude. Digging the purple lights on the technics.

Was considering getting a Z2 as well, but portability is an issue if i swap that with my S4
Nevada Edgette
Originally Posted by Coldfuzion
Fokainsnake! Dude how do you like the RMX? Your setup looks sick! I still have the CDJ 850s you sold me, and I picked up a DJM-850 with it, i'm debating whether or not to add an RMX to it.
The RMX is a beast!!! It will work flawless with your pio setup but I would try to test one out before making a decision, it does cost quite a chunk of change. Oh and you could also use it as a VST which is pretty awesome. I'm glad those 850s went to a someone who appreciates them. Lovin your 850 setup!
Carlee Pickard
Chung Rosaro
very nice...
Nevada Edgette
Here are some crappy iPhone shots for now. Will take some better ones when I get my DSLR back. I don't care what others are saying about these stands, they are f**kin awesome! Makes my Traktor setup look like a single impenetrable unit!!! <<< 300 Ref

Latoria Kavulich
Lets see those Kontrol stands in action!
Nevada Edgette
I'm using the master out for the RMX. Except for the Sample drums being a little too loud, everything works out fine. Some of the scene effects were a little loud at first but after adjusting the dB within the remixbox software, everything sounds great. Since getting this thing the only Traktor effects I find myself using are the delays.
Albertina Fay
***02/12/2013

Nice..!!

Are you using the master out on the Z2 to the RMX1000? how is it working out for you?

How do you like the RMX1000 effects compared to the Traktor effects.
Nevada Edgette
***02/12/2013

Nevada Edgette
Originally Posted by MaxOne
Nice set up!

Ta

Mx
Can't remember the name of the maker but I got them from GC. Paid around 40-50 for the pair. They are the ones with the triangle bottoms.
Hipolito Scionti
Nice set up!

Ta

Mx
Shad Rametta
It does, thank you
Nevada Edgette
I was using the X-1 mainly for transport control, I'm not really a heavy effects user. Now that I have the Z2, i could probably do without the X-1. I was using the X-1 for beat jumping, looping, hot cues, track prepping, and some other mapped midi functions like Flux mode. All this can be done with the Z2!!! So, if I were you I would go the remix decks route. It also depends on your style of mixing I guess. Remember, the Z2 only has two dedicated effects knobs on each side, but holding the shift button and turning the effects knob allows you to browse through the effects list. Its just a matter of what order the effects are in for easy and quick access. As for my F-1, I love it and having one is enough for me, I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I had two. Only time I use the remix buttons on the Z2 is for on the fly loop capturing. Hope this helps!
Shad Rametta
Here's what Elliot of Innofader wrote me when I posed the question....

So, Elliot, will you "confirm" that the upfaders can be easily swapped out for the Innofader Pro?
@blackavenger: Yes just to clarify:

1) Either the Innofader Pro or Innofader PNP will work as replacements for any fader slot in the Z2 if you want the functionality/feel of these parts. It seems this is the case for you regarding the upfaders. I would recommend the PNP because it's less expensive and easier to install; the advantage of the Pro would be more installation options if you wanted to move the Innos to other mixers.

2) These are not NI approved solutions so they may affect the warranty.

As for that thread about the guy removing the tensioner from the Upfaders........

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...d.php?t=186611

Could you please answer my question about the X1/F1's, and which you would prefer?
I have been on ScratchLIVE/Itch for over 7 years, but only recently bought Traktor Pro
for use w' my NS6. This will be my first foray into Traktor Scratch Pro, and I want to get
the necessary controllers right off the bat. I would really appreciate some advice.
I'm leaning toward (2) F1's, but there will be occasions when I'll want Transport Control,
and I do occasionally like to layer Effects. So, will (1) F1 be fine for now, or am I going
to be wishing I had another one fresh out the gate?
Nevada Edgette
Originally Posted by blackavenger
Yeah, I'm aware of the paint issue, but NI will take care of those that have that problem.
I'm believeing of getting Innofader PnP's for the upfaders, as I HATE faders w' tension....Why N.I.?!!?
I mean, I saw a mod that someone did where they took out the tensioner....if I'm able to do
that, then I may refrain from the PnPs. But if not, then I'm definitely getting them.
I feel the same way about the upfaders. They should be a bit more loose. Before I sold my Innofader pro, I was going to install it in one of the upfaders to see if it would work. But I wussed out! Actually had a screwdriver in hand staring at my Z2 ready to operate, then realized that this could be bad for the mixer and Innofader. I know the Pro will work for the crossfader but im not sure on what adapters to use for the upfaders.
Where did you see this tensioner mod? Very interested in seeing this...
Shad Rametta
Yeah, I'm aware of the paint issue, but NI will take care of those that have that problem.
I'm believeing of getting Innofader PnP's for the upfaders, as I HATE faders w' tension....Why N.I.?!!?
I mean, I saw a mod that someone did where they took out the tensioner....if I'm able to do
that, then I may refrain from the PnPs. But if not, then I'm definitely getting them.

If you had to choose between (2) F1's or (1) F1 & (1) X1, which would you choose as
accessories to the Z2, and why?

Loaded question right...LOL?
Nevada Edgette
Originally Posted by jessevdriel
You have a camelot wheel sticker on your laptop. You are awesome.
Haha. Took it off the other day and replaced it with a fools gold sticker. It was useful while on there
Nevada Edgette
Sound quality wouldn't be an issue and the z2 would hold up in the clubs no problem.(Dj shiftee only uses the Z2 as his mixer) When i say club quality, It's more of a reliability thing, being able to DJ without a computer and using onboard fx. Which the Z2 can do as it is a stand alone mixer minus the fx. Really hope this doesn't screw up your decision on getting a Z2. I love mine and every else that has one Seems to. There is that issue about the paint on the faceplate coming off which I'm pretty sure you are aware of. Luckily they are interchangeable.
Annis Osbourn
You have a camelot wheel sticker on your laptop. You are awesome.
Shad Rametta
The Z2 is a solid all around 2 ch mixer, just not quite sure if it is a club quality mixer like the Pios and A&Hs.
Do you mean as far as sound quality is concerned?
Could you please elaborate?

Because more than Effects, or MIDI, Sound Quality
is MOST important to me! If the Z2 lacks in that
department, then I may have to look elsewhere.
Nevada Edgette
^ sorry for the long ass response. My wife made me one of those insanely strong Vietnamese coffees this morning.
Nevada Edgette
Originally Posted by Conall
Really nice setup mate! how are you liking the z2?
The transition from Pioneer's DJM effects to Traktor's internal effects was a little hard at first. After jamming with some buddies and experimenting, I am now just getting use to it all and pretty much lovin it! The Z2 is a solid all around 2 ch mixer, just not quite sure if it is a club quality mixer like the Pios and A&Hs. Which I don't really care about since my setup never leaves my room.
I do miss that damn blinking orange button on the Djm's though...
Inez Marcinik
Really nice setup mate! how are you liking the z2?
Deanne Baston
diggin the layout of your setup!! Wish I had the money and time to build something along the lines of this!
Rose Schneeberg
Looks really awesome
Shad Rametta
I'll definitely post 'em when I get it all......right now I have (2) M5Gs/Numark NS6, and that's it.
Before I bought the NS6, I had a Korg Zero4/the (2) M5gs/Rane SL3/and a Pioneer CDJ-400.
I still have the SL3, and CDJ-400, but due to space, the CDJ-400 is put up in the closet.
I have an old pic of what it used to look like before I bought my MBP...haha, back when I had the Dell.

Old_Setup.jpg
Nevada Edgette
Awesome. Would love to see pics of your setup!
Shad Rametta
Here you go! The Expedit was pretty much made for this setup When I had my DJM800 (4 Ch.12" Mixer) the TT's were about 1/2 inch off the edges. With the Z2 its perfect! Slap a Vika Amon on the top if you want to set up your TT's in the battle position. Sorry for the poor quality iPhone pics and hope this helps.

kontrol1.JPGkontrol2.JPGkontrol3.JPGkontrol4.JPG
Thanks, that helped a lot

Everything appears to fit snug....perfect, in fact.
Nevada Edgette
Originally Posted by Louie_V
What vinyls are those?
Slow Roasted Superseal Double LP. One side breaks/samples, other sides are Traktor MK2 control tone. Awesome for the Z2 when switching it up from internal to external on the fly. They still have some left here http://www.thudrumble.com/product/trak002yb.html
Shantae Faile
What vinyls are those?
Nevada Edgette
Originally Posted by blackavenger
Could you take another photo of you newer setup, but showing how close to the edge your Techs are, and exactly how close your X1 & F1 are to your Z2? The reason I ask, is because I have been considering this exact same hardware configuration, and at the same time, have been considering getting a (single) Expedit Shelf to put it all on. If you are willing, I would appreciate it.
Here you go! The Expedit was pretty much made for this setup When I had my DJM800 (4 Ch.12" Mixer) the TT's were about 1/2 inch off the edges. With the Z2 its perfect! Slap a Vika Amon on the top if you want to set up your TT's in the battle position. Sorry for the poor quality iPhone pics and hope this helps.

kontrol1.JPGkontrol2.JPGkontrol3.JPGkontrol4.JPG
Shad Rametta
Could you take another photo of you newer setup, but showing how close to the edge your Techs are, and exactly how close your X1 & F1 are to your Z2? The reason I ask, is because I have been considering this exact same hardware configuration, and at the same time, have been considering getting a (single) Expedit Shelf to put it all on. If you are willing, I would appreciate it.
Merideth Garnder
*01/18/2013
Setup with the new Kontrol Z2 replacing the DJM800. Other than the MidiFighter, I've always used Pioneer's effects. It is definitely taking some time getting used to the Traktor internal effects. Anyone else ever make this transfer?

I tried doing this transfer and just couldn't get used to Traktor's effects for me. I'm more comfortable creating tension and sweeps using the Pioneer effects than Traktor.....

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy