The CryderSteez Setup

The CryderSteez Setup
Posted on: 25.12.2011 by Tillie Sliman
Alright, waited a while to throw this together, I'll start with my oldest setup that I have pictures of, my very first piece of "DJ gear" was a Behringer BCD300, but you all know what that looks like so I won't bother with a pic.

Halfway through 2008 and this setup represented my first actual crack at DJing along with my first serious collection of gear. Ironically I had far more control than I knew what to do with at this point but hey, it sure looked cool, right? I stuck with this setup for almost two years until I got ahold of this sexy beast:

I was now commited to DJing and got my first few gigs with the NS7, lugging it around to bars and clubs looked goofy but we did alright, though I longed for something more compact and was not happy with ITCH's performance. Enter the S4 and its many variations, along with a 2400w mobile soundsystem:

[img]http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4099/5611720123_169f7b8c3c_b.jpg[img]

This is when things started to take off for me. I could take the S4 anywhere and bring the house down, but needed to up my game back at home. S4 + M-Audio EX66 monitors:

Speakers on Ikea stands:

Finally I discovered the magic of vinyl and decided that in order to call myself a proper DJ I needed some turntables:

That's the current status of my setup as of December 2011, here's what's in the works:

Replacing S4 with DNX1600 and X1's; I love the S4 but I'm after a more "authentic" mixer experience, may pick up an S2 or VCI-400 eventually for mobile gigs.

Doing big things to my DJ desk as well, reworking the speaker stands and adding the ever popular Ikea vinyl storage option now that I actually have a reason for owning some, updates coming soon!
Emely Metz
Originally Posted by CryderSteez
That's the hotness right there, looks like you did a great job! Did you paint the tonearm pivot black or do some come like that? I was believeing about painting min but that was more trouble than I wanted.
Thanks i really put time & effort in this deck [yes, ladies can mod too ], thank goodness i still remember my soldering/electronic skills long after graduated as electronic engineering student..

The pivot is original 1210mk2, it has some minor chips during shipment (hard to see part) but it was fixed using zebra paint marker :P
Emely Metz
Squeegee won't work on account of the carbon texture, just go slow and you'll be fine.
thanks!

yeah, more than a month since this reply i finally managed to get mine done...here it is..
changed the LEDs to UV purple, now i need a matching purple slipmat to go with it

Tillie Sliman
Originally Posted by Luconia
Yay, got these stickers on order already...can't wait!
Do you use squeegee during installation?
Squeegee won't work on account of the carbon texture, just go slow and you'll be fine.
Emely Metz
It's a little thicker than your average die cut vinyl decal, I wanna say something like 1/32"?
Tillie Sliman
one last questions, how thick is the carbon fiber sticker?
It's a little thicker than your average die cut vinyl decal, I wanna say something like 1/32"?
Emely Metz
The corners were super easy to do if you've got a heat gun OR just do it outside on a sunny day, that heats it up just fine. I just laid it out on top of the deck then cut diagonally as straight as I could at each corner. Heated it up then folded each side down to the vertical part of the frame and took a razor blade to it, super simple. This stuff really is easy to work with once you understand a few things about it, there's a very good chance some of it will find its way onto my next car
Thanks a lot for the tips! I dont have a heat gun but people says hairdryer will do
Yes mostly people do this kind of wrapping in the automotive pimp business...i read on the community s these 'wrapping mode' is really addictive once we can get the hang of it
Tillie Sliman
Nice decks man, especially the carbon fiber wrap.
How did you do at the corners? just heat & stretch or cut & fold it into the underneath of the casing?
Can post some pics?
I'm about to wrap mine, it does look good & hence a way simpler attempt to pimp up those tables rather than sending them for paint job.
The corners were super easy to do if you've got a heat gun OR just do it outside on a sunny day, that heats it up just fine. I just laid it out on top of the deck then cut diagonally as straight as I could at each corner. Heated it up then folded each side down to the vertical part of the frame and took a razor blade to it, super simple. This stuff really is easy to work with once you understand a few things about it, there's a very good chance some of it will find its way onto my next car
Tillie Sliman
Originally Posted by bigbeatzz
Did you take the deck plate off to do it or did you go right over? Also did you wrap it over the sides?

Your decks look nice and clean. I just did the UFO mod on my decks and carbon fiber would be a nice compliment.
I applied the vinyl when I had everything taken apart, and yes it wraps all the way around. The tonearm is definitely something you don't want on there when doing it!
Tanner Adis

I love the speaker stands could you tell me what parts you used. I want to duplicate for my setup.
Emely Metz
That's the hotness right there, looks like you did a great job! Did you paint the tonearm pivot black or do some come like that? I was believeing about painting min but that was more trouble than I wanted.
Thanks i really put time & effort in this deck [yes, ladies can mod too ], thank goodness i still remember my soldering/electronic skills long after graduated as electronic engineering student..

The pivot is original 1210mk2, it has some minor chips during shipment (hard to see part) but it was fixed using zebra paint marker :P
Tillie Sliman
Emely Metz
thanks!

yeah, more than a month since this reply i finally managed to get mine done...here it is..
changed the LEDs to UV purple, now i need a matching purple slipmat to go with it

Tillie Sliman
Yeah sort of, if I have to drag my own sound to a gig I'll usually just borrow my friend's S4 (I sold mine, along with my EGE VCI-400 because I'm just not interested in using a controller with any regularity) but most of the gigs I've had lately have been at established clubs with their own decks and mixers so I just bring an Audio 6 and the X1(highly recommended for control vinyl) though if the club's mixer is beat to hell or just crappy I'll bring my DN-X1600 and plug into that, nobody I play with has a problem with it
Tess Faillace
Did you ever figure out the gig vs home setup dilemma. Im in exactly the same situation with 2 MK2s DDM4000 and MC6000.

My thought was that once the Behringer PL1s come out ill sell the MC6000 and get those but id be losing some functionality doing the swap.

Id swap in the MC6000 but just as you i like a regular mixer experience between the Techs plus it would be a headache to unplug and replug the MC6000 every time i had to take it to a gig.

I believe im settling with the idea of just keeping things as i have them. Maybe pick up an X1 to go with the mixer and the 1200s at home and use out when the place has 900s or 2000s.

Unless i can sell the DDM4000 and MC6000 and use the cash to get a sexy VCI400.
Tillie Sliman
Emely Metz
Birgit Gondal
You have one very very sexy set-up man, looking hot!
Tillie Sliman
Emely Metz
Osvaldo Newhall
Love your set up man! Nice to see the "reverse evolution" from controller to vinyl turntables. Love the carbon decals on those decks too. I have been believeing about that idea since last year but made me finally go for it when I saw yours.
Emely Metz
Thanks a lot for the tips! I dont have a heat gun but people says hairdryer will do
Yes mostly people do this kind of wrapping in the automotive pimp business...i read on the community s these 'wrapping mode' is really addictive once we can get the hang of it
Tillie Sliman
How did you do at the corners? just heat & stretch or cut & fold it into the underneath of the casing?
Can post some pics?
I'm about to wrap mine, it does look good & hence a way simpler attempt to pimp up those tables rather than sending them for paint job.
Emely Metz
Can post some pics?
Alla Bluemke
Looks great!
Tillie Sliman
Did you take the deck plate off to do it or did you go right over? Also did you wrap it over the sides?

Your decks look nice and clean. I just did the UFO mod on my decks and carbon fiber would be a nice compliment.
I applied the vinyl when I had everything taken apart, and yes it wraps all the way around. The tonearm is definitely something you don't want on there when doing it!
Karolis Petrauskas
That's where it came from, it's the graphite/gunmetal color.

Tillie Sliman
That's where it came from, it's the graphite/gunmetal color.
Karolis Petrauskas
Never mind...this: http://www.carbonfiberfilm.com/blog/...ferent-colors/
Karolis Petrauskas
How about the carbon fiber...where's that from?

Tx
Tillie Sliman
Originally Posted by Otacon
where did you get that awesome green traktor vinyl in the pic before the carbon fiber sexiness happend? Oh yeah, sexy carbon fiber techs and killer setup man lol
The timecodes just came from my local DJ supply store, I had no idea they were that big of a hit, should have got a pair.
Erich Vallabhaneni
where did you get that awesome green traktor vinyl in the pic before the carbon fiber sexiness happend? Oh yeah, sexy carbon fiber techs and killer setup man lol
Tillie Sliman
Originally Posted by Excluded
did you overhaul the technics yourself or did u go to a company if so how much did it cost? , theyre looking awsome!
I did all the work myself, made some mistakes and did all my learning on the first one but once I applied all the experience I knocked out the second one in no time flat, then went back and fixed all the small problems in the first one and they run like new now!
Daniele Gladys
did you overhaul the technics yourself or did u go to a company if so how much did it cost? , theyre looking awsome!
Tillie Sliman
Originally Posted by tecnofiend
where did you get those slipmats ? i want to buy a pair =)
http://www.dskreet.net/
Treasa Tala
where did you get those slipmats ? i want to buy a pair =)
Lilliana Perris
Looking SEXY!

Hanna Ridenbaugh
Nice setup dude!
Kandy Ahdoot
looking sick mate
Tillie Sliman
Here's a few shot of my setup with my newly overhauled M3D's, they both have:

• new pitch faders
  • HOSA RCA Cables
  • internal grounding
  • all white LED's
  • white LED pop up lights(fire sideways directly at the platter, not just stuck straight up inside the housing)
  • full calibration/matching(braking, pitch range, zero point
  • 3M DINOC gunmetal carbon vinyl wrap(this stuff is actually textured like real CF, not just a print)
  • dskreet slipmats

Long live the turntable

Tillie Sliman
Originally Posted by eataskdotcom
How much did you get the EX66's for? Do they sound as good as they look?
Those were a craigslist steal; $300 for the pair And they sound amazing, they play all the way down to a legit 37hz, no subs needed here! The only problem is that they reveal any and all flaws in your mixing, if you're not on point they will let you know it, but that of course is what you want from this type of speaker.

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy