Guiltysounds DJ set up. I'm gonna need more space soon....

Home :: What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup. :: Guiltysounds DJ set up. I'm gonna need more space soon....Reply
Guiltysounds DJ set up. I'm gonna need more space soon....
Posted on: 11.03.2012 by Alla Bluemke
So far I have:

Pair of CDJ 2000s
DJM 700
Traktor S2 (DJTT mapping)
X1 with painted face plate. (D3 X1 mapping)
17" Macbook pro
HDJ-2000
Rokit 8s
Some computer speakers with a sub to monitor
Uber stand
Some cheap odyssey stand
Ikea Make up table with all the plus tucked in the drawer
Some coffin cases hidden under the table.

Eventually once I move to SF I'd like to make a new table, probably a xonetacular style table. I need more space for my gear clearly. I don't normally have my S2 out it sits in its DJTT monobag normally. I only mix on my computer when I have my S2 and X1, otherwise its usually straight CDJs.

Johnna Callery
if you don't have the space, I put the top of a Lack TV bench on mine. Same length but a little wider. also some people put Vika table tops on them as well.
Rosario Whitington
Well, I believe the red dj booth tourned out gorgeous
I'm gonna make a dj booth myself, but i dont have space for two book shelfs. So unfortunately, it's not an option

So I'm going to keep searching through the community , to find inspiration.
Your "red" booth certainly inspired me, to play with the colors. :-)
Alla Bluemke
Yes I did. I put legs from Ikea on it. I used two book shelfs cause it wasn't going to be wide enough with one. At first I thought two was wayyyyy too big, now after making it two was the right decision. Still huge, but I have way too much stuff.
Rosario Whitington
I was wondering, if this is the bookshelf you used and then mounted some legs underneath it?
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/pr...745/#/30201813
Alla Bluemke
The stands were just on a whim, and worked out perfectly. They are very secure. No issues at all, no shaking nothing. Just a bunch of bolts and washers.

The piping can be found literally at any hardware store. I walk down the street to a mom and pop place and built it with scrap wood and hardware. THe best part is the whole unit also moves and rotates since its on threads.

Thanks the red makes it awesome. I wanted the booth to be the center piece of my living room.
Johnna Callery
HomeDepot here in Canada has pipes and 45 degree angle connectors...i have the same gloss red bookcase for my gear until i build a new flush mount top.
Tatum Ansaldo
by the way, what would I google to find those kind of pipes and fittings?
Tatum Ansaldo
Those stands are brilliant. Are they pretty secure?
Rosario Whitington
Dang, the red looks sexy as hell!
Really nice paintjob on the Technics as well, i'm starting to be interested in doing the same thing on my technics, after seeing this
Really nice setup!
Alla Bluemke
Alla Bluemke
Alla Bluemke
Thanks I'm pumped how it has been set up. I am doing a few more updates. Then I'll document my process on the techs.
Sharmaine Pellino
The picture taken in the evening is just friggin' awesome man
Dione Haimes
You sir, have a sexy setup
Hipolito Scionti
Real nice set up
Alla Bluemke
Photo May 24, 10 29 22 AM.jpgPhoto May 24, 10 29 28 AM.jpgPhoto May 24, 10 29 50 AM.jpgPhoto May 24, 10 29 56 AM.jpg
Kristin Tesfamichael
looks nice, can we get a few more pics of your cdj stands? i would like to see how it was done
Alla Bluemke
Next update. Found a pair of MK2 techs. I'm gonna revive them by redoing the tops, and painting them white, doing an LED mod on each light, cleaning up the pitches, etc.

So since I got the techs. I wanted to move the cdjs up to some stands. I looked online and saw that the prices for stands was absolutely bananas. So I said f-it and went to the hardware store, bought some pipe fittings, a 8 inch pipe piece, a 45 degree angled piece and went to work. I had an old shelf from Ikea that I cut in half and mounted the pieces to. Then I installed them to the table. Finally using the old hardware from the expedit bookcase, the L brackets to brace to a wall and the plastic covers, I used that to hold up the cdjs. Overall I'm really pleased with the way it turned out. The cdj stands cost me like 50 bucks in total since I had the wood sitting around. Def an improvement. Hopefully I can do some work on these techs soon. Little afraid to do it cause I haven't done anything like it before but we will see. At the very least I can re-paint the tops, and clean the gunk out of everything. As far as soldering stuff thats a whole other story.

Alla Bluemke
thanks, when I went to ikea I saw the red and knew I had to get it! I was gonna go white, but red was too interesting not to. Plus I have a red door so it tied in with my whole place. I'll get some improved pictures soon, and maybe some evening pictures as well. I'll grab an over all pic of the place too.

The one set of krks is for djing and the other is for referencing on my mini studio, eventually I may upgrade the 5s, but right now with my limited production knowledge i will take my time to invest. Next thing I need for my studio desk is a soundcard to tie it all in.
Johnetta Olewine
The red looks really good
Caryn Yosko
That apartment is just all over rad, plus two pairs of rokits, you sir are a lucky man
Alla Bluemke
I tried to build a similar desk to Xone but realized a few things. THe material for the expedit bookcases do not really like to be drilled in. So putting anything of legit weight on like shelf was sketchy at best. I had the lack shelfs installed for speakers and there was no way it was going to hold, espescially after screwing it in and seeing how thin the bookcases are, since they are hollow. The long lack shelf for the computer was fine and controllers was fine, but my krks are way to heavy for the smaller shelfs, just wasn't safe.

Anyways here are some pics from my new place in SF. I'm going to install some lazers and lights at some point soon.

I upgraded to a DJM 900 with my cdj 2000s. I believe im ditching my HDJ-2000s for some senheisser amperiors.

Alla Bluemke
nope 100% is usbs too.
Kasi Marget
I have a question regarding CDJ 2000.
When you use them with USB sticks, can you pitch bend +-100 % ? Or it's reserved for CDs ?

Thanks in advance
Alla Bluemke
Its a midi fighter mapping, and eq/volume mapping for the x1.
Kandi Odom
Whats the D3 x1 mapping?????
Elinore Detour
Great view!
Vikki Jeannoel
nice man i love it!
Alla Bluemke
Well I moved to SF and I have a great view. So I decided to take advantage of it and start building a Xonetacular desk and a production desk next to it. More updates to come once complete. Here is a tease

Alla Bluemke
reserving space for updates
Alla Bluemke
Haha yeah I can afford real nice stuff. But a bigger place isn't a priority

Hopefully I can find an affordable place in SF that will be able to handle my gear! And I wanted to find some turntables to add later too lol.
Dori Specht
A lot of nice stuff here man! You've compacted to a nice place, but I must admit you are running out of room.

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy