I kinda went digital, my technics feel shoved out already!!

Home :: What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup. :: I kinda went digital, my technics feel shoved out already!!Reply
I kinda went digital, my technics feel shoved out already!!
Posted on: 21.04.2012 by Julia Hillock
February 2013 - New mixer acquired and new coffin lid cut. This (hopefully) will be the last mixer i buy...

EVER !

A crappy iphone panoramic shot for the full view

Here is my (basic) setup. i feel like this kind of setup will be regarded as boring and lacking creativitiy. no external fx machines, loopers, whatever. i like the look of many other setups in this community , but i'm a bit of an old-fashioned dj. by that i mean i just like using a mixer and tables to get creative. i fully appreciate and respect all others choices, and have to say i'd love a go on some of the all digital ensembles. until recently i was adamant i would never move away from vinyl. 2 years ago i grabbed a bargain and bought SSL 1 off a friend. he didn't realise what he was buying, neither did i to be honest. i'm glad i took a gamble. at least i felt i was staying as true to my 'roots' as i could with a DVS...
i've never looked back, bought cdj 900's last month. feckin love em ! the only change i will eventually make to this is a mixer upgrade. either djm 2000 or A&H db4, the price is still too high. next year they will be old news, and that's when i'll buy. they will still be good mixers for what i need. i don't dj out anymore, it's purely hobby. also, my monitors need proper placement. i'm currently looking at wall mounts. anyway, i'm happy enough with how this has turned out. i've learned a trick or two for the next coffin i make, like being a bit more careful with super glue !

Ok, so after reading a bit more about this community i now realise it's as much about the progression of peoples setups as it is about showing off current ones ! so here are a couple of updates, or rather backdates! to mine. briefly, my 20 year old 1210 mkII's were still going strong, but i yearned for the beauty of 1200's.

January 2012 - found these on eBay with the mixer thrown in...

February 2012 - i never wanted that mixer, so i opted for the cheap yet fun packed DDM4000 as a temporary measure...

couldn't be without Serato for too long so the next day or so i hashed up a convenient (and somewhat crude) laptop stand...

March 2012 - finally i succumbed to the full digital setup...

still not totally happy. no 1200's ! which is how i ended up here on DJTT. i googled a search for dj stands and found Hedgehog's post on the ikea stands. i really fancied the flush fit look and the more i searched the web the sooner i realised i was going to have to try my hand at woodwork for myself.

April 2012 - this was the final outcome

Judi Sissel
Congrats! I can tell you that you will not regret your choice. Great timing as the firmware will be dropping on the 23rd :cross fingers:. The DB4 will be a nice replacement, if not now your center piece of your already great setup... Enjoy
Brunilda Kora
Xone DB4?!?

Very jealous.
Julia Hillock
So so excited. Just ordered a Xone DB4. Arriving Tuesday. 3 days to wait !! I'm hoping it fits in nicely where the DDM4000 was
Sharmaine Pellino
Beau-ti-ful table, really nice!
Wallace Lawmaster
good evening , Technics 1200MK5's and CDJ 900's? Course I'm not gonna lie, I would if I had the money but for next digital tables, I'm leaning towards Denon SC3900.
Julia Hillock
Originally Posted by squidot
that is brilliant man! i love that table you made and believe i will try the same thing. ive never made anything like that in my life though, so i believe it may be a bit tough for me.
Go for it, the materials are so cheap. It was my first try at anything to do with woodwork. I was inspired by images in a post about ikea stands here on this site.

Originally Posted by guiltyblade
the only issue with a djm 2000 is it won't fit properly in your recessed table. Might want to consider a djm 900.
I did consider a 900, A LOT !! But after successfully making this table i have no qualms about cutting another to accomodate the 2000
Alla Bluemke
the only issue with a djm 2000 is it won't fit properly in your recessed table. Might want to consider a djm 900.
Cole Maroto
that is brilliant man! i love that table you made and believe i will try the same thing. ive never made anything like that in my life though, so i believe it may be a bit tough for me.
Julia Hillock
Originally Posted by jamthrax
man... don't feel "out of date". I came the other way and now steering more to a just turntables. As people say.. the grass is greener
indeed it is, i am so curious to try an ALL digital setup. i just can't help believeing it would feel more like production than djing. Besides, after all the gear i've bought recently i can't afford to go switching my allegiance now !
Julia Hillock
Originally Posted by The Mighty FV
The table is amazing dude, the mixer is not...I do however base this on owning products of the same brand and hating each and every single one of them.
I couldn't agree more about the mixer. Online reviews are spot on when they say their build quality is rubbish. That said, i do find it great fun to play with. It was the bargain price that swung it really. Plus, i know it's only a temporary fixture, til i get a DJM2000 or A&H DB4 !

Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
love the table dude! What is it coated in? some kind of leatherette?
Thanks man, yes it's covered in Faux Leather

Thanks for all your comments
Tatum Ansaldo
love the table dude! What is it coated in? some kind of leatherette?
Joesph Kasian
The table is amazing dude, the mixer is not...I do however base this on owning products of the same brand and hating each and every single one of them.
Danna Peper
Great setup man
Sally Walkowiak
That
Table
Is
Gorgeous
Sammie Okeeffe
man... don't feel "out of date". I came the other way and now steering more to a just turntables. As people say.. the grass is greener
Julia Hillock
Originally Posted by Conall
Nice setup dude, good work on the table and genelecs sound awesome, what model are those?
thanks man, the genelecs are 8040's. i absolutely love them
Maryalice Solaas
Extremely jealous of that set up man
Reva Poat
Very nice photos and nice setup.Loved the table as everyone does
Inez Marcinik
Nice setup dude, good work on the table and genelecs sound awesome, what model are those?
Julia Hillock
thanks mate. genelecs poorly placed at the moment. wall brackets imminent !
Palma Hanslip
Love this setup mate! Good to see a more 'tradition setup' in amongst the digital lads! Love the Genelecs too!!
Julia Hillock
cheap indeed. and my first attempt at woodwork/furniture making !

test
Somer Vanstraten
!! Nice, clean and also cheap! Great work
Julia Hillock
thanks. built last saturday for only
Somer Vanstraten
Man! I LOVE this table!
Nice setup

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan