Reply to I kinda went digital, my technics feel shoved out already!!

I kinda went digital, my technics feel shoved out already!!
February 2013 - New mixer acquired and new coffin lid cut. This (hopefully) will be the last mixer i buy...

EVER !

A crappy iphone panoramic shot for the full view

Here is my (basic) setup. i feel like this kind of setup will be regarded as boring and lacking creativitiy. no external fx machines, loopers, whatever. i like the look of many other setups in this community , but i'm a bit of an old-fashioned dj. by that i mean i just like using a mixer and tables to get creative. i fully appreciate and respect all others choices, and have to say i'd love a go on some of the all digital ensembles. until recently i was adamant i would never move away from vinyl. 2 years ago i grabbed a bargain and bought SSL 1 off a friend. he didn't realise what he was buying, neither did i to be honest. i'm glad i took a gamble. at least i felt i was staying as true to my 'roots' as i could with a DVS...
i've never looked back, bought cdj 900's last month. feckin love em ! the only change i will eventually make to this is a mixer upgrade. either djm 2000 or A&H db4, the price is still too high. next year they will be old news, and that's when i'll buy. they will still be good mixers for what i need. i don't dj out anymore, it's purely hobby. also, my monitors need proper placement. i'm currently looking at wall mounts. anyway, i'm happy enough with how this has turned out. i've learned a trick or two for the next coffin i make, like being a bit more careful with super glue !

Ok, so after reading a bit more about this community i now realise it's as much about the progression of peoples setups as it is about showing off current ones ! so here are a couple of updates, or rather backdates! to mine. briefly, my 20 year old 1210 mkII's were still going strong, but i yearned for the beauty of 1200's.

January 2012 - found these on eBay with the mixer thrown in...

February 2012 - i never wanted that mixer, so i opted for the cheap yet fun packed DDM4000 as a temporary measure...

couldn't be without Serato for too long so the next day or so i hashed up a convenient (and somewhat crude) laptop stand...

March 2012 - finally i succumbed to the full digital setup...

still not totally happy. no 1200's ! which is how i ended up here on DJTT. i googled a search for dj stands and found Hedgehog's post on the ikea stands. i really fancied the flush fit look and the more i searched the web the sooner i realised i was going to have to try my hand at woodwork for myself.

April 2012 - this was the final outcome

You need to login in order to write on our forum

<< Cancel

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy