The Louie V's Setup.

The Louie V's Setup.
Posted on: 26.11.2011 by Shantae Faile
Before we start the timeline here are the most up to date pics:

Updated: 08/27/12
So after about a month with the RMX-1000 and a few months with the Kontrol F1's, I have started using both at gigs. The F1's i admit aren't being used as much as I though i would be using them, while there are some gigs where I really use them a lot, those gigs are far and few in-between, there are occasionally gigs where I'm not using them, however most of the time they do get a bit of use, and overall I never saw them as a huge investment, so they have definitely paid themselves off. The RMX-1000 on the other hand is very often used, while I am comfortable leaving behind the F1's from time to time, the RMX-1000 is always with me. Its the first thing I pack. Considering the fact that I wasn't a huge fan of the on-board effects on the DJM-900Nexus, I am becoming dependent on the RMX-1000 and its features. Sometimes it may just be adding a reinforcing kick, or creating a loop, then softly fading it out while its on over the continuing song, or using the Isolator effects, hell sometimes i just the just the release effects by themselves, or sometimes i use all its got. Its a freaken awesome unit and I'm really happy I got it.

Get Connected:
About.me/Louie.V
Facebook.com/LouieVBBp
Twitter.com/The_Real_LouieV
Shantae Faile
Originally Posted by protocollie
Just wanted to pop my head in and shout how jealous I am about the Zero 8. I'm past the point where I'd want one but when I was playing in ableton exclusively and doing more live-PAish stuff, it was pretty much my dream mixer. I literally remember going to the DJ shop on like... Walnut in philly where they had one behind glass and just pressing my face up to it and staring for hours. Lovely piece of kit.

Great setup overall, mate.
Thanks. I've do a lot of afters and it makes a fantastic hub mixer to hook up everyone's setup. It really is the dream mixer and I've been really lucky to acquire it.

Originally Posted by tekki
Hey Louis,

just found out you wanted to hook up on facebook a while ago. Unfortunately it was my older, unused fb account.
If you still want to hook up, just let me know your fb name and I'll look you up!
At the end of every segment in the actual timeline is a link.... Here it is again... Lol Www.facebook.com/LouieVBBp that's my personal account so you most likely won't find gig info there (unless it's a pretty big) but it'll give u my real name to look up my other accounts.
Shantae Faile
Originally Posted by RockingClub
Whamm! Another big shot!
Looking forward to hear about it. Maybe you'll even want to shoot a short demo video. Very much interested in its capabilities. I was believeing about buying one as an effect unit for music production purposes (+double function: could be used in my DJing sets as well)
Its a great unit, but very dangerous, and has some serous bad potential... (trust me im going to be writting up a pretty big article on my take on the RMX). Nonetheless, its a phenomenal unit. I've been lucky enough to use it a few times before buying it, but it wasn't til yesterday that i learned the true potential of it with remix box. I'll go more in depth soon, and a video may be possible...

Shantae Faile
Alright! Thanks for the good news. Then I won't have to worry any longer
Umm.... Nope you do still need to worry...

Sylvia Greener
Originally Posted by Louie_V
I called the doctor, he gave me some sleep meds and a referral to a therapist... LMAO!
Shantae Faile
Some Updated pics from 07/06/2012

OMG. It looks like the gear acquisition syndrome. I'll have to call a doctor!

I can imagine you setup is lot of fun! Nice evolution.
I called the doctor, he gave me some sleep meds and a referral to a therapist... LMAO!

Originally Posted by justlookinghere
Awesome pics and rig!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by Drew
Wow, thats a massive set up. Do you only use Traktor atm, not Ableton? Also I would appreciate it if you would'nt mind, explaining what you use the different gear for? I assume you don't normally bring all that gear to a gig
Yes, at the moment I'm strictly using Traktor, however I did re-purpose the Korg Zero 8 and the APC20 for Ableton, haven't really used it much though.

As far as my setup, Nope, i don't take it all. At my gigs I'm provided with 2 CDJ-2000's and a DJM-900, Xone DB2/4, Xone92 or DJM-2000. I have a rough image of all the clubs I play at so some gigs I only take an X1 and an F1 and some gigs I'm able to take 2 F1's an X1 and my Maschine.

The way use everything is as follows:
CDJ-2000's as media control
DJM-900 as mixer
Kontrol X1 as transport controls
Kontrol F1's to control remix decks, and have midi page set with a ton of effects presets and transport controls
Mashine is on its way out. It has a nice VU meter which is why i like it so much but I've mapped my FX presets and transport controls to the F1's so its being phased out.

Shantae Faile
I still love that Korg Zero8, how has that been treating you?
(Did you use it with Mac or PC by the way?)
Its been great. But its collect a layer of dust so i believe its time to part with it... really dont want to but there is other gear i need more. And I've been using it with a mac.

Originally Posted by Bunyip
It's a great evolution of a setup but also a terrific story. I love hearing how you started by carrying crates and covering piss breaks. You were born for this mate, and seeing your focus and dedication over the years is really terrific. Good on you!
Thank you! I work at a store that sells gear and its funny that i get some guys that come in and dont expect me to know what Im selling, or they tell me about the good ol' days and I re-assure them that I've been in the lifestyle for over 15 years now. Another wierd tidbit is how within the last transition from electro to house/minimal i really do feel like im starting all over, only with a much bigger black book.

Originally Posted by Jaydon34
so how do you like the Hdx? I saw a really cheap one on craigslist. I use a traktor and dicers btw
They are great. the CD drives have given out, and honestly i can see myself replacing them with offerings from Pioneer very soon, but they have been really good to me.

Random X
Thanks and invited.
Shantae Faile
Originally Posted by protocollie
Just wanted to pop my head in and shout how jealous I am about the Zero 8. I'm past the point where I'd want one but when I was playing in ableton exclusively and doing more live-PAish stuff, it was pretty much my dream mixer. I literally remember going to the DJ shop on like... Walnut in philly where they had one behind glass and just pressing my face up to it and staring for hours. Lovely piece of kit.

Thanks. I've do a lot of afters and it makes a fantastic hub mixer to hook up everyone's setup. It really is the dream mixer and I've been really lucky to acquire it.

Hey Louis,

just found out you wanted to hook up on facebook a while ago. Unfortunately it was my older, unused fb account.
If you still want to hook up, just let me know your fb name and I'll look you up!
At the end of every segment in the actual timeline is a link.... Here it is again... Lol Www.facebook.com/LouieVBBp that's my personal account so you most likely won't find gig info there (unless it's a pretty big) but it'll give u my real name to look up my other accounts.
Random X
Hey Louis,

Laurence Calisto

Shantae Faile
Updated again, nothing new, just adding to the story...

Before we start the timeline here are the most up to date pics:

Updated: 08/27/12
So after about a month with the RMX-1000 and a few months with the Kontrol F1's, I have started using both at gigs. The F1's i admit aren't being used as much as I though i would be using them, while there are some gigs where I really use them a lot, those gigs are far and few in-between, there are occasionally gigs where I'm not using them, however most of the time they do get a bit of use, and overall I never saw them as a huge investment, so they have definitely paid themselves off. The RMX-1000 on the other hand is very often used, while I am comfortable leaving behind the F1's from time to time, the RMX-1000 is always with me. Its the first thing I pack. Considering the fact that I wasn't a huge fan of the on-board effects on the DJM-900Nexus, I am becoming dependent on the RMX-1000 and its features. Sometimes it may just be adding a reinforcing kick, or creating a loop, then softly fading it out while its on over the continuing song, or using the Isolator effects, hell sometimes i just the just the release effects by themselves, or sometimes i use all its got. Its a freaken awesome unit and I'm really happy I got it.

Shantae Faile
Updates, Updates, Updates....
Aug 3rd 2012

Shantae Faile
Whamm! Another big shot!
Looking forward to hear about it. Maybe you'll even want to shoot a short demo video. Very much interested in its capabilities. I was believeing about buying one as an effect unit for music production purposes (+double function: could be used in my DJing sets as well)
Its a great unit, but very dangerous, and has some serous bad potential... (trust me im going to be writting up a pretty big article on my take on the RMX). Nonetheless, its a phenomenal unit. I've been lucky enough to use it a few times before buying it, but it wasn't til yesterday that i learned the true potential of it with remix box. I'll go more in depth soon, and a video may be possible...

Sylvia Greener
Whamm! Another big shot!
Shantae Faile
Umm.... Nope you do still need to worry...

Sylvia Greener
Originally Posted by Louie_V
Shantae Faile
Some Updated pics from 07/06/2012

Originally Posted by justlookinghere
Awesome pics and rig!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by Drew
Wow, thats a massive set up. Do you only use Traktor atm, not Ableton? Also I would appreciate it if you would'nt mind, explaining what you use the different gear for? I assume you don't normally bring all that gear to a gig
Yes, at the moment I'm strictly using Traktor, however I did re-purpose the Korg Zero 8 and the APC20 for Ableton, haven't really used it much though.

As far as my setup, Nope, i don't take it all. At my gigs I'm provided with 2 CDJ-2000's and a DJM-900, Xone DB2/4, Xone92 or DJM-2000. I have a rough image of all the clubs I play at so some gigs I only take an X1 and an F1 and some gigs I'm able to take 2 F1's an X1 and my Maschine.

The way use everything is as follows:
CDJ-2000's as media control
DJM-900 as mixer
Kontrol X1 as transport controls
Kontrol F1's to control remix decks, and have midi page set with a ton of effects presets and transport controls
Mashine is on its way out. It has a nice VU meter which is why i like it so much but I've mapped my FX presets and transport controls to the F1's so its being phased out.

Geoffrey Steinbach
Sidney Hoener
Awesome pics and rig!
Sylvia Greener

Shantae Faile
Its been great. But its collect a layer of dust so i believe its time to part with it... really dont want to but there is other gear i need more. And I've been using it with a mac.

Originally Posted by Bunyip
It's a great evolution of a setup but also a terrific story. I love hearing how you started by carrying crates and covering piss breaks. You were born for this mate, and seeing your focus and dedication over the years is really terrific. Good on you!
Thank you! I work at a store that sells gear and its funny that i get some guys that come in and dont expect me to know what Im selling, or they tell me about the good ol' days and I re-assure them that I've been in the lifestyle for over 15 years now. Another wierd tidbit is how within the last transition from electro to house/minimal i really do feel like im starting all over, only with a much bigger black book.

Originally Posted by Jaydon34
so how do you like the Hdx? I saw a really cheap one on craigslist. I use a traktor and dicers btw
They are great. the CD drives have given out, and honestly i can see myself replacing them with offerings from Pioneer very soon, but they have been really good to me.

Tanner Adis
Lala Marcantel
Random X
Shantae Faile
Original Timeline Updated.

So my hard drive crashed and i basically lost all my music I'm currently using (last backup was from 2 years ago from when i was mostly playing electro, {since moved to house and minimal and lost all THAT music}). So i loaded up a few tracks and decide to give it a go for a little while. Got my 2nd F1, and the Black HDJ-2000K's a few days ago.

Shantae Faile
Wow, loving this setup more and more each time I see it!

Excellent picture bro'!
Thanks. I've had a few weeks to get acquainted with the F1 and the remix decks, and i gotta say getting rid of ableton and the apc20 has by far been one of the best things i've done so far. I still haven't used the Kontrol F1 at a gig but will be using it this weekend. The maschine is next to go, ive mapped out my effects presets to the F1 so once my 2nd one shows up later this week i'll be good. Next purchases will most likely be new CDJ's (selling the 800's) and then some KRK's (trying to get the silver ones)

Originally Posted by DJ Urkel Dee
Good to see someone rep the numark cdj's... Props!!!!
Yep, Loving them but gonna be putting them to the side for a while when i upgrade my CDJ's. Setup the place for podcasting live sets so its time to standardize the setup...

Got a nice numark banner under them.

Originally Posted by The Mighty FV
Holy fucking jesus that is a great set-up dude....love the time-line, constantly improving, changing things up....well done
Thanks. I gotta start one for my production gear. Its not all that but its growing

Originally Posted by elliot1106
My mind is actually blown wut AWESOME
Thanks.
Linda Chavda
My mind is actually blown wut AWESOME
Joesph Kasian
Holy fucking jesus that is a great set-up dude....love the time-line, constantly improving, changing things up....well done
Glennie Gilger
Good to see someone rep the numark cdj's... Props!!!!
Random X
Wow, loving this setup more and more each time I see it!

Excellent picture bro'!
Shantae Faile
Originally Posted by JesusJuice
this set up is the tits... big ups to you my man
Thanks

Originally Posted by teambama
Have you had any issues with your HDX's? I have a set & am having problems with the displays on both of them. Love to scratch on them..
Haven't had much of a problem with them, the disc drives do need to be replaced but other then they they are in good shape.

----------------
New pic added:

Been waiting a few weeks to get this pic up doing it a day early because i couldn't wait any longer...
Reda Holdsworth
Have you had any issues with your HDX's? I have a set & am having problems with the displays on both of them. Love to scratch on them..
Armanda Yankauskas
this set up is the tits... big ups to you my man
Glennie Gilger
Dope
Shantae Faile
Originally Posted by RobotNinja
Good lord your setup is teh sex!
Thanks!... I believe... Lol

Originally Posted by 6th
Cool another HDX user, were you a member at the defunct HDX community s by any chance?
Unfortunately I wasn't, but I did lurk for a while before they were taken down.
Lesley Vaeth
Cool another HDX user, were you a member at the defunct HDX community s by any chance?
Larraine Hannum
Good lord your setup is teh sex!
Shantae Faile
New pics...

(Lights Off)

(Lights On)
Reva Poat
I just loved the first 3 pics.I will say ı am jealous Very nice colors and sexy stuff
Shantae Faile
Just a Teaser... Lol

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy