Just emptied my bank account...

Just emptied my bank account...
Posted on: 11.12.2012 by Marva Latsko
I started mixing a few years ago on a Reloop Disc Jokey Interface Edition. I got tired of it bugging out constantly, and I was looking for something with four channels. Right around that time, the S4 came out, and I thought I had found the controller for me. It turns out I didn't so I kept looking. A friend of mine had an xone 62, which I absolutely loved. The build quality, the sound, everything! Then I stumbled upon Trevor Nygaard on YouTube. After chatting with him, and watching his videos religiously, I find myself here, with no money in my account, but a huge smile on my face! That's what it's all about though right? ;-)

MacBook Pro 2.9 GHz Intel Core I7 8GB Ram
Traktor Pro 2 (2.6.0 I have a copy for sale, PM me.)
NI Audio 10
Two Kontrol X1's
Xone 92

Happy days!

Marva Latsko
Originally Posted by Mike_08
Great setup dude... Same as mine.
It must be something in the water in Birmingham ;-)
Kasandra Kreindler
Originally Posted by JohnnyDrama
Some people do prefer real filters & an analogue sound.
I like the DB4 but IMHO I have to sacrifice essential stuff for non-essential stuff + cash on top.

I don't do sample mixing and I never ever use effects... but my warm & fat bass sound, the quad band EQ + HP/LP filters are essential to my mixing.
fair enough i do love the 92 and almost tempted to just get that but i guess i will see how different the filters are from my Xone 42 and decide whether or not i can live with them, i just dont very much care for the finish on the 92 and 42 clashes with my setup :teef:
Kasandra Kreindler
Originally Posted by differentunderwater
Do I look like a cat to you boy? Am I jumping around, nimbly pimbly from tree to tree?
hahahah this guy gets it
Juliet Kipp
Originally Posted by NoizeuNit
u need to pick that 92 up right MEOW!
Do I look like a cat to you boy? Am I jumping around, nimbly pimbly from tree to tree?
Dannielle Dingey
Blasphemy! for more inputs? ....well if u do im might be interested in your mixer
I like the DB4 but IMHO I have to sacrifice essential stuff for non-essential stuff + cash on top.

I don't do sample mixing and I never ever use effects... but my warm & fat bass sound, the quad band EQ + HP/LP filters are essential to my mixing.
Basil Forshee
Originally Posted by OmniRoss
Because in the picture it's definitely 1.2.X?!

I'm going to look at it tomorrow afternoon, faaack.
Look at the skin, it's Traktor 2 and counting.
Kasandra Kreindler
Originally Posted by neilmcm
Nice setup been believeing about getting a 92 myself instead of the db4.
Blasphemy! for more inputs? ....well if u do im might be interested in your mixer
Marva Latsko
Originally Posted by Mike_08
It must be something in the water in Birmingham ;-)
Elmer Kindinger
Kasandra Kreindler
Originally Posted by JohnnyDrama

fair enough i do love the 92 and almost tempted to just get that but i guess i will see how different the filters are from my Xone 42 and decide whether or not i can live with them, i just dont very much care for the finish on the 92 and 42 clashes with my setup :teef:
Kasandra Kreindler
Originally Posted by differentunderwater
hahahah this guy gets it
Juliet Kipp
u need to pick that 92 up right MEOW!
Marva Latsko
Yeah I was looking into the K2's, at the end of the day it all seemed to come down to personal preference, and I was pretty sold on the X1's from Day 1.
Marcos Zelko
Love the setup! Thats what my ideal setup would be, only thing I would change is the x1 for a pair of k2's. Much more control over the tracks with the k2 imo.
Marva Latsko
Well at the moment I'm still getting used to the x1's. I kind of miss having jog wheels but I'm hoping I can find a mapping of the x1 (or map it myself) that gives me the same control over each track in terms of loading, browsing etc...
Tai Shanker
How much mobility do you get with those x1's? I feel like it'd be hard to mix with those haha
Dannielle Dingey

Basil Forshee

Look at the skin, it's Traktor 2 and counting.
Kasandra Kreindler
Originally Posted by neilmcm
Marva Latsko
At the moment I have the preparation mapping I found on here, it's suppost to make transport a bit quicker, but the only thing I don't like is the lack of feeling I have over the tracks.

I need to figure a way to precisely move the tracks using the x1's...

It is a simple set up, but there is so much room to do whatever you want with it, I believe that's what I love.
Lynell Piechocinski
Looks pretty siimple, but good
Annalisa Shogren
Originally Posted by DarioJ
ftfy
The guy has fuck all so I'm having to pack everything down. I'm going to be fucked off if I go to all this effort and I don't buy it now.

EDIT
: Didn't buy it, wasn't blown away enough. Came home and had a mix on my Pioneer and fell in love all over again. N'aww.
Lynetta Stanislav
Judi Sissel
Originally Posted by omniross

i'm going to look at it tomorrow afternoon, yyeeessssz.
ftfy
Inez Marcinik

Look again, its definately not
Shan Bauerly
Great set! I'm a Nygaard fan, myself. How do you have the X1's mapped?
Annalisa Shogren
Originally Posted by Danielkaye
What brings you to that conclusion? Currently running 2.6.0, it came with the x1's so I have a spare copy (which is proving to be a evening mare to sell!)

Marva Latsko
What brings you to that conclusion? Currently running 2.6.0, it came with the x1's so I have a spare copy (which is proving to be a evening mare to sell!)

Get it, seriously buy it if it's in good condition, I need someone to share this joy with ;-)

Just read an interesting article on the difference between the light grey vs. the dark grey, some myth that the Europe built light grey were better than the chinese built dark grey. Rumor seems to have been ruled out, but if it's light grey and in good nick, more pressure to buy it ;-)
Annalisa Shogren
I'm sort of hoping the one I'm going to look at isn't in as good condition as he says it's in. I'd only get it if it was in very good condition. I couldn't help but notice you're using Traktor 1.2.X?!
Marva Latsko
Ah yeah, second hand. I decided I wanted it new though, pretty happy no one else's filthy hands have touched it ;-)
Dick Korus
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/msg/3405177643.html
Here's one for 975 usd used, There's so many for > $1000. I saw one for 900 usd or best offer yesterday.
Annalisa Shogren
Originally Posted by Danielkaye
How much is the 92 you've found Omni? I spent just over
Leeanna Ayla
If your patient you can find 92's in the $999 pretty regularly.
Marva Latsko
How much is the 92 you've found Omni? I spent just over
Armando Chrystal
I've just found a 92 for a stupidly cheap price. I mean, stupidly cheap. Convince me not to buy it please.
if you dont buy it...send me the link and I will
Judi Sissel
Fuck... FUCK. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. Right before Christmas, so annoying...
Do it cause you'll never find another deal like it! You'll probably regret it for at least the next 5 years.

@OP: great choice! Very clean and tasteful setup. Have any plans to build on? When your wallet recovers of course
Annalisa Shogren
Buy it! i have the Xone 42 and wish i would have got the 92, but im upgrading to the DB4 now so i no care , but u need to pick that 92 up right MEOW!
Fuck... FUCK. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. Right before Christmas, so annoying...
Kasandra Kreindler
I've just found a 92 for a stupidly cheap price. I mean, stupidly cheap. Convince me not to buy it please.
Buy it! i have the Xone 42 and wish i would have got the 92, but im upgrading to the DB4 now so i no care , but u need to pick that 92 up right MEOW!
Annalisa Shogren
Tesha Freudenstein
noice makes me want to throw my mixer out of the window haha

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy