Balakoth/DNT DJ Setup

Balakoth/DNT DJ Setup
Posted on: 16.02.2013 by Shawn Vanhaitsma
Hey all, lurked for so long, finally signed up. Thought id share my play rig. I started out on my technics, and slowly got more into being a controllerist.

So my gears have shifted to doing tracks live out on the Maschine, some Cue point juggling with the k2 on the right the one on the left controls ableton (Sample tracks, softsynths and maschine levels). I can say its quite a change from your standard vinyl two track mixing and I love it, but I Definately need more work before id use that technique to play out. Dont really use my technics anymore, im pretty heavy into a 4 deck setup in tracktor now, but I love them and cant part with them lol

Just moved from the west coast to the east coast so Ill post my production work station hopefully here soon once stuff gets unpacked! Glad to be aboard and hope to meet some of you more in depth in the future. Peace!

Allen and Heath Xone 92
(2) Allen and Heath Xone K2
(2) Audio Traktor 10
Maschine Mk2

(2) Custom Asus 17" (i7, 24gb ram, 2x512SSD)

HS80 Monitors
HS10W Sub

And my Lonely Technics 1210 Mk5Gs (So I guess its a little more than my play rig.. but they are so pretty haha and we go back a ways ;'))

404781_10200734126141470_654459781_n.jpg
Shawn Vanhaitsma
Originally Posted by djricksantorum
Aren't the two laptops and the Maschine between them like a wall between you and the audience? I get it, though. If I had my way I would have a Gang of Seven.
In a typical club booth, the technics arent there, the laptops are, and the L stand goes closer to the mixer... The most the crowd sees is the maschine barely. (I like to mess around with the technics at home, hardly any clubs keep them here and its not worth it to lug them around just for some DVS control)

@Skull: I love the 92, Im big into long mixes, and I use 3 to 4 decks alot so the 4 band eq really lets me keep the mix unmuddied as I can give each channel its own space at easier. Honestly the DB4 looks cool, and It would eliminate the need for one of the audio 10s, but I like the 4 band eq, and the two extra channels which I can use for the Maschine, and Ableton from the other laptop routing into the mixer.

Im embarassed honestly, I just made a soundcloud account a few months back, been meaning to get more into it (Back in Seattle I seemed to give out more CDs and MySpace links back in the day then links to soundcloud).

Trying to get settled into the new house and the family settled as well, Hoping to get the darn thing updated in the next week!

@fokaisnake: As Omni said. IsoAcoustics. Absolutely wonderful, I can put them on any surface and receive no residual vibrations or tonal sounds from surface vibration. Plus they have two different sized risers so you can aim the monitors at an upward angle or downward angle for optimal directional tweaking (Man that sounded like a cheap advert lol)

On a side note.. Where does all the good discussion go on around here? Ive really only posted in the main community a bit. Seemed like we need more sub sections in the community here hehe.
Annalisa Shogren
Originally Posted by fokaisnake
Wicked setup! What are you using as monitor stands? Looks pretty cool
They are IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155s, I have them myself and can vouch for them.
Shawn Vanhaitsma
Hey all, lurked for so long, finally signed up. Thought id share my play rig. I started out on my technics, and slowly got more into being a controllerist.

So my gears have shifted to doing tracks live out on the Maschine, some Cue point juggling with the k2 on the right the one on the left controls ableton (Sample tracks, softsynths and maschine levels). I can say its quite a change from your standard vinyl two track mixing and I love it, but I Definately need more work before id use that technique to play out. Dont really use my technics anymore, im pretty heavy into a 4 deck setup in tracktor now, but I love them and cant part with them lol

Just moved from the west coast to the east coast so Ill post my production work station hopefully here soon once stuff gets unpacked! Glad to be aboard and hope to meet some of you more in depth in the future. Peace!

Allen and Heath Xone 92
(2) Allen and Heath Xone K2
(2) Audio Traktor 10
Maschine Mk2

(2) Custom Asus 17" (i7, 24gb ram, 2x512SSD)

HS80 Monitors
HS10W Sub

And my Lonely Technics 1210 Mk5Gs (So I guess its a little more than my play rig.. but they are so pretty haha and we go back a ways ;'))

404781_10200734126141470_654459781_n.jpg
Marybeth Vengoechea
Lovely set up, I am believeing about swopping my s4 for a stand alone mixer at the moment since I have upgraded to Traktor scratch. How do you find the xone mixers?
Adrienne Wilcoxen
Excellent man. Thanks for the info!
Raelene Laurino
Epic setup!!
Shawn Vanhaitsma
Originally Posted by djricksantorum
Aren't the two laptops and the Maschine between them like a wall between you and the audience? I get it, though. If I had my way I would have a Gang of Seven.
In a typical club booth, the technics arent there, the laptops are, and the L stand goes closer to the mixer... The most the crowd sees is the maschine barely. (I like to mess around with the technics at home, hardly any clubs keep them here and its not worth it to lug them around just for some DVS control)

@Skull: I love the 92, Im big into long mixes, and I use 3 to 4 decks alot so the 4 band eq really lets me keep the mix unmuddied as I can give each channel its own space at easier. Honestly the DB4 looks cool, and It would eliminate the need for one of the audio 10s, but I like the 4 band eq, and the two extra channels which I can use for the Maschine, and Ableton from the other laptop routing into the mixer.

Im embarassed honestly, I just made a soundcloud account a few months back, been meaning to get more into it (Back in Seattle I seemed to give out more CDs and MySpace links back in the day then links to soundcloud).

Trying to get settled into the new house and the family settled as well, Hoping to get the darn thing updated in the next week!

@fokaisnake: As Omni said. IsoAcoustics. Absolutely wonderful, I can put them on any surface and receive no residual vibrations or tonal sounds from surface vibration. Plus they have two different sized risers so you can aim the monitors at an upward angle or downward angle for optimal directional tweaking (Man that sounded like a cheap advert lol)

On a side note.. Where does all the good discussion go on around here? Ive really only posted in the main community a bit. Seemed like we need more sub sections in the community here hehe.
Annalisa Shogren
Originally Posted by fokaisnake
They are IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155s, I have them myself and can vouch for them.
Nevada Edgette
Khalilah Douthett
Adrienne Wilcoxen
Loving it. How is the 92 treating you? I'm borderline ordering one or a DB4.
Got any soundcloud links to your mixing?

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy