VJEd Setup

VJEd Setup
Posted on: 23.03.2013 by Michell Badalamente
Hi All,
I have been a builder for many years, so my setup is all custom made. I also have been working with computers since 1984 and starting in 2009 I started building my own performance computers. My current computer is setup in a Media box with 3 -1.5 terrabyte hard drives. I run a lot of music videos and karaoke as well, so my setup includes multiple led video screens and dmx lightshow. I have been using Ableton Live with APC40 and Swift Elite for many years, and just pre-ordered Push (wish they would hurry up and ship, been on order since Jan). Here is a pic of my current booth:DSC00099.jpg
I am building a new case to allow room for my Push and APC 40 side by side with computer and sound board below. Behind my monitor are 4 shure wireless mic recievers. There is also a wireless modem so I can operate all of my lightshow, dj software from my Android Tablet.

Here is a pic of my show at a club, where I mount my light truss (custom made) on the ceiling and also ceiling mount my QSC K12'sDSC01007.jpg

since the above pics, I have upgraded my main front monitor to a 42" Led, and increased my light truss size to allow all of my lighting and also video monitors to be mounted. Here is a picture of it at a company xmas party
Bangor-Motor-Inn-.jpg
and a setup for a wedding
DSC01484.jpg
isn't it funny that no matter how much gear we have, we always need more?
Michell Badalamente
Originally Posted by julamy0109
RGAS - Rapid Gear Acquisition Syndrome...I got diagnosed on my first few months...it's terrible and affects so many of us!!!!!

Setup looks great! I would love to see some daylight pictures!
Thanks, will post daylight photos soon, when I finish my newest version. Here is an in progress pic of my light truss. I use metal electrical conduit through the top holes for the strength. The finished product has 5 bays below, and 3 "hangers" on top clear spanning 5' with no problem. I made a snapped tauneau cover for the top half to make it look like a 'tent'. see the Bangor Motor Inn photo above for show pic of it.Phone Pics 001.jpg
Jorge Furber
Originally Posted by VJEd
RGAS - Rapid Gear Acquisition Syndrome...I got diagnosed on my first few months...it's terrible and affects so many of us!!!!!

Michell Badalamente
Hi All,
I have been a builder for many years, so my setup is all custom made. I also have been working with computers since 1984 and starting in 2009 I started building my own performance computers. My current computer is setup in a Media box with 3 -1.5 terrabyte hard drives. I run a lot of music videos and karaoke as well, so my setup includes multiple led video screens and dmx lightshow. I have been using Ableton Live with APC40 and Swift Elite for many years, and just pre-ordered Push (wish they would hurry up and ship, been on order since Jan). Here is a pic of my current booth:DSC00099.jpg
I am building a new case to allow room for my Push and APC 40 side by side with computer and sound board below. Behind my monitor are 4 shure wireless mic recievers. There is also a wireless modem so I can operate all of my lightshow, dj software from my Android Tablet.

Here is a pic of my show at a club, where I mount my light truss (custom made) on the ceiling and also ceiling mount my QSC K12'sDSC01007.jpg

since the above pics, I have upgraded my main front monitor to a 42" Led, and increased my light truss size to allow all of my lighting and also video monitors to be mounted. Here is a picture of it at a company xmas party
Bangor-Motor-Inn-.jpg
and a setup for a wedding
DSC01484.jpg
Michell Badalamente
Originally Posted by julamy0109

Thanks, will post daylight photos soon, when I finish my newest version. Here is an in progress pic of my light truss. I use metal electrical conduit through the top holes for the strength. The finished product has 5 bays below, and 3 "hangers" on top clear spanning 5' with no problem. I made a snapped tauneau cover for the top half to make it look like a 'tent'. see the Bangor Motor Inn photo above for show pic of it.Phone Pics 001.jpg
Jorge Furber
Originally Posted by VJEd

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy