MWagner's Setup

MWagner's Setup
Posted on: 22.05.2012 by Werner Bile
This is only the Digital DJ stuff, I'm in the process of moving so I'll post a more complete pic then.

HP Envy 14 laptop
Traktor Pro 2.13
Novation Twitch (Bread's traktor mapping)
Novation Launchpad (jhyphinwill's traktor mapping)
Technics RP-DH1200 Headphones

may 22 2012 081.jpg
day
may 22 2012 069.jpg
evening

Current setup
img1662qc.jpg

2xCDJ 850
NI Traktor Kontrol Z2
2xNI Traktor Kontrol F1
Maschine Mk2
Werner Bile
Originally Posted by enorjy
are you using your hp envy with win 8 or 7?
It seems like there will not be a ati driver update for 8.
sorry for taking so long, I missed your post somehow.

I'm using Windows 8 on the Envy. For the most part it works fine, but I have had a problem with a conflict between both traktor and ableton and my Western Digital backup software. I have to make sure all the WD apps are shut down when I'm playing or else I get dropouts and buffer underruns and all that good stuff. Why my external harddrive backup apps have any effect on the audio I have no idea.

I've also run into a problem with the Envy in both Win 7 and 8 where having the HP Coolsense app active can cause major audio problems all the way up to a total sytem freeze up. luckily all I have to do is turn it off to avoid this, but troubleshooting has been a bit of a evening mare because there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to which programs cause conflicts. I'm considering partitioning my hd to just dual boot with a stripped down setup, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.
Werner Bile
Originally Posted by 0Notice
What lights are those under your desk? Me like.
here's the actual model I have, though Amazon says they're currently unavailable
http://www.amazon.com/LEDGLOWs-Home-...s+home+theater
Werner Bile
Added chroma caps to my Z2.

Werner Bile
Originally Posted by defmd
Great setup, does the 850 also have HID control? I know the 900 and 2000 have but I have not played with the 850 before.
no, not yet. there's a bit of controversy about that over on the NI and Pioneer boards after an NI rep told someone they were adding it in 2.6.1 but it didn't happen. At this point it'll be awesome if it does get added, but I'm not holding my breath.
Werner Bile
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
Are you using the 850s in midi mode? Doesn't the shoddy accuracy annoy you?
I may have been when I took the pics. I had just got them so I was trying out everything. I use them in time code mode almost exclusively now.
Werner Bile
just some random set of home theater led accent lights I found on amazon.
Rochel Papillion
no worries. I moved on and got me a mac pro.
Werner Bile
Originally Posted by enorjy
sorry for taking so long, I missed your post somehow.

I'm using Windows 8 on the Envy. For the most part it works fine, but I have had a problem with a conflict between both traktor and ableton and my Western Digital backup software. I have to make sure all the WD apps are shut down when I'm playing or else I get dropouts and buffer underruns and all that good stuff. Why my external harddrive backup apps have any effect on the audio I have no idea.

I've also run into a problem with the Envy in both Win 7 and 8 where having the HP Coolsense app active can cause major audio problems all the way up to a total sytem freeze up. luckily all I have to do is turn it off to avoid this, but troubleshooting has been a bit of a evening mare because there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to which programs cause conflicts. I'm considering partitioning my hd to just dual boot with a stripped down setup, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.
Rochel Papillion
Irina Passarella
Rockin some CDJs now? I'd though you'd be against them especially Pioneers? LOL .. Well your setup is looking mighty fresh \mn/
Werner Bile
here's the actual model I have, though Amazon says they're currently unavailable
http://www.amazon.com/LEDGLOWs-Home-...s+home+theater
Werner Bile
Added chroma caps to my Z2.

Tatum Ansaldo
My understanding from talking to NI people at BPM was that there is literally one dude at NI HQ who's in charge of HID implementation and he does all the coding himself, hence why it takes them forever to do anything.
Werner Bile
Originally Posted by defmd
Great setup, does the 850 also have HID control? I know the 900 and 2000 have but I have not played with the 850 before.
no, not yet. there's a bit of controversy about that over on the NI and Pioneer boards after an NI rep told someone they were adding it in 2.6.1 but it didn't happen. At this point it'll be awesome if it does get added, but I'm not holding my breath.
Werner Bile
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
I may have been when I took the pics. I had just got them so I was trying out everything. I use them in time code mode almost exclusively now.
Werner Bile
just some random set of home theater led accent lights I found on amazon.
Tatum Ansaldo
Arielle Posso
Your setup is dope... it has every piece of tech that I want... damn i believe i have gear envy. Sorry bout that
Valeri Millstein
Gigi Weese
Judi Sissel
That must of been one nice payout. Great new setup btw!
Werner Bile
Made some major changes over the last month. A stock I own paid out a nice dividend in time for the holidays, so I gave myself a couple presents.

2 x CDJ-850
2 x Traktor Kontrol F1
Traktor Kontrol Z2
NI Maschine Mikro
AIAIAI TMA -1 Headphones
HP Envy 14 Laptop
Samsung 24 inch LED Monitor

not pictured:
DJTT Midifighter 3D
Novation Launchpad
M-Audio Oxygen 25
Novation Twitch
2 X Numark Pro-TT-2 Turntables
Arletha Shino
nice setup
Jenae Hensarling
Originally Posted by MWagner
Always good to run into another Detroiter!
You play out at all? Or just do your online radio show?
Werner Bile
Always good to run into another Detroiter!
Jenae Hensarling
MWagner... though i'd stop by and say hi to a fellow Detroiter. Setup is looking good.
Werner Bile

added some LEDs under the tabletop for decoration,
Dick Korus
I don't at the moment, but I would if I traded my Vci or sold it to fund for one.
Werner Bile
You probably wouldn't miss them. I don't. If you have the money, I'd go for the Z2 in your situation, I'm looking at a Z2+X1+F1 setup myself.
Dick Korus
Nice setup!
Im believeing of losing my jog wheels for a number of reasons, but wanted an opinion from someone that is used to it. I do realize you have the strip search function on the twitch, but other than that how is it?
Im considering losing my jogs and getting a z2 because
1.) I'm not a scratch Dj
2.) i don't like having all kinds of layers of possibilities if I don't use them all
3.) I hate having all the fx presets and whatnot because I constantly feel like I rape my tracks with fx.
4.) the vci will soon be no longer supported, just as the midi fighter pros aren't and the classic wasn't and neither are any other one of the controllers they make mappings for.

Well I took up space with a rant, but if you can give me a little more info on it Thad be great.
Werner Bile
Originally Posted by Prespa
Alright, sounds good. I may drop it, I might not. Depends on when the Behringer Studio 4A comes out . Thanks!
Do you believe it's a good controller learning on? I don't have much money but I'm not attracted to the Mixtrack because I dislike plasticky bullshit and I prefer to buy something for the longterm.
yeah, the mixtrack is fine for what it is but I was glad to be done with it. Yes, I would say its a good controller to learn on, as it's fairly simple as a stock controller, but it can support much more complexity as you get better.
Rubye Feicht
Alright, sounds good. I may drop it, I might not. Depends on when the Behringer Studio 4A comes out . Thanks!
Do you believe it's a good controller learning on? I don't have much money but I'm not attracted to the Mixtrack because I dislike plasticky bullshit and I prefer to buy something for the longterm.
Werner Bile
It actually was my second controller after having a mixtrack, but yeah, I've been using it for quite. I like it a lot. I haven't missed the jog wheels at all. I use it with Traktor rather than itch, and it works great with the exception of the fact that novation's mapping doesn't work with grouped effects. I use a custom mapping and midifighter though, so it hasn't been a problem. I'm believeing of making the switch to external mixing, but if I don't I imagine I'll stick with the Twitch for some time. If you know midi-mapping, it's a very versatile piece of hardware for traktor. I've only used itch a tiny bit and didn't really like it, so I can't really speak to how it works with it.
Rubye Feicht
This is a horribly late bump, but I was just wondering how you've liked the twitch? It seems it's been in your setup from the get go, I'm contemplating buying it, as the touchstrip isn't an issue for me as I have used jogs before.
Werner Bile
I prefer to DJ standing up, but my desk was way to low to allow me to do that comfortably. So I built a little something to raise things up, as well as get all the wires under control. Here's the end result:
IMG_1562.jpgIMG_1563.jpg

The paint job didn't turn out great, but otherwise I'm quite happy with it.
Judi Sissel
Gotcha- I feel like the Maschine would complete my setup (hopefully for my wallets sake). I appreciate you taking some time to answer my questions.
Werner Bile
a tiny bit. I plan on putting some serious time into it as soon as I have some time to spare, which could theoretically happen sometime.
Judi Sissel
Haha. I could see how that could be soothing, but yet also aggravating. Have you toyed with the step sequencer mode?
Werner Bile
Originally Posted by DarioJ
How are you using the Mikro?
I use it for pretty much everything.

I'm still learning the maschine software, but i also use it as a drum pad for ableton and I have my own mapping i use in traktor. I prefer the encoder on it to the ones on the twitch, so I use it to browse and control the master tempo. I also use it to control the loop recorder with the transport section and then use the pads for hot cues on deck c and d, as well as eq kills, gain controls, and some fx stuff that's really a work in progress.

Its also my stress reliever when watching sports. My girlfriend and I will sit there during tense games and while she knits and crochets to deal with the nervous energy, I repeatedly re-map the thing from scratch. It's kind of a strange hobby, but its good practice and it's strangely calming.
Judi Sissel
How are you using the Mikro?

<< Back to What have you got? Post some cool photos of your setup.Reply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy