First Tribal Techno mix

First Tribal Techno mix
Posted on: 16.07.2012 by Lauretta Thody
Hi everybody.
I appreciate your work and posts, even if I'd never written anything until now!

I just uploaded my first techno mix, meaning the first mix I actually wanted to display on the web. I'm a complete amateur but I really want to try to play some gigs in a near future. I'm not really trying to live from my passion but rather to enjoy and share it.
That's why I've decided to share it with you now, and I would be delighted to get some feedbacks, even if you want to tell me that my mix sucks (but if you do, a little bit of explanation would be greatly appreciated!).

For those who want to know a bit more before clicking, it's an old school mix with a lot of tribal-like tracks that date back from the 2000's. Using TSP2 but no Sync. Vinyls and timecoded Vinyls.

Here is the link :

Click here to see it on Mixcloud

Just a little funny anecdote: my DJ name is the French translation of Homer Simpson's nickname "Max Power". So you can call me Max Power if you want to!

I'll be very glad to read your comments.
Many thanks in advance,

Max
Gretta Krotz
thanks for this definitely jammin out right now
Lauretta Thody
Thank you!
Let me know if you enjoyed (or not) the last mix.
Sherrell Dargenio
Good stuff!

I'm a huge fan of tribal, dark techno, Detroit and that insane stuff the Italians are always up to. Really diggin' 008 right now
Lauretta Thody
Hi everybody.
I appreciate your work and posts, even if I'd never written anything until now!

I just uploaded my first techno mix, meaning the first mix I actually wanted to display on the web. I'm a complete amateur but I really want to try to play some gigs in a near future. I'm not really trying to live from my passion but rather to enjoy and share it.
That's why I've decided to share it with you now, and I would be delighted to get some feedbacks, even if you want to tell me that my mix sucks (but if you do, a little bit of explanation would be greatly appreciated!).

For those who want to know a bit more before clicking, it's an old school mix with a lot of tribal-like tracks that date back from the 2000's. Using TSP2 but no Sync. Vinyls and timecoded Vinyls.

Here is the link :

Just a little funny anecdote: my DJ name is the French translation of Homer Simpson's nickname "Max Power". So you can call me Max Power if you want to!

I'll be very glad to read your comments.
Many thanks in advance,

Max
Lauretta Thody
Happy New Year!

You can listen to my new mix on Mixcloud and Soundcloud. 60 minutes, 125 BPM, mostly fresh dark techno.
Hope you'll like it!

Watch out, the soundcloud upload is shorter due to a copyright problem. Only the first intro track is missing, the "techno part" is complete.
https://soundcloud.com/maxpuissant/puissant-008-transitions-2

See ya!
Lauretta Thody
Hello everyone!
Here's a new mix: 140 BPM, three decks, 28 tracks, 68 minutes.
Enjoy!

See ya!

Max
Lauretta Thody
Hi everyone! New mix!
Maybe the best journey I ever done in my series, I'm quiet satisfied by the tracks selection and the global progress.
Still learning of course so don't hesitate to comment again!

I know my stuff is old school (the gear, most of the tracks and the 3 decks way of mixing) but I believe the feeling is what really matters.
Next mix will be a technical step as it will be a pure 3 decks mix like Mills, Beyer or Umek did 10-15 years ago!

See ya!

(oh and if someone knows how to change the topic name, let me know. thanks.)
Lauretta Thody
Hello !
My fifth mix is on the cloud!
Low BPM, strong techno.

Enjoy and comment if you like.

See ya everybody!
Lauretta Thody
Hi everyone !
Here is a new mix. Still strong, it has a more tech house feeling than the previous mixes, and it also has new stuff combined to old music that I still play :

Hope you'll enjoy !

And you can still follow me on Soundcloud if you like what I do :
https://soundcloud.com/maxime-brun-1

See ya !
Lauretta Thody
A new strong techno mix for everyone :

Enjoy !
Carisa Ridgel
That's really cool, you know, I am usually a huge fan of drums and percussion in general too, I'll start paying more attention to it in techno. I guess being used to slower genres I haven't yet a ear for techno rhythms (though I've always listened to it here and there throughout the years, but I'd love to be able to incorporate good sounding stuff in my mixes too, it's definitely got some very raw energy, I am digging that). I am looking forward to more of your stuff. cheers.
Lauretta Thody
Thank you man. I'm glad to read that kind of detailed critics.

It's a little overwhelming at times (I heard somewhere that snares tire people out and this stuff is chock full of it)
Well you know I play a lot of tribalistic/latin techno so snares and drums in general are very, very usefull in that kind of style. I admit that sometimes it's not even pure techno as purists might say!

I believe I liked second mix more too, I guess it was more melodic, or just sounds more familiar, or maybe it's how you said - it's more energetic
Definitely. I still wanna play a lot of great funky tribalistic stuff, but I also need to insist on the darkest and roughest techno tracks. Melody is not a term that I use when I mix or listen to techno, 'cause for me it's all about rythm. Even if a pad or a bass is an essential tool for rythm.

but definitely great stuff, man!
Well, thank you very much!
Carisa Ridgel
Hey Max, your mix was very well done, great selection of tunes, I definitely learned something new today (actually even in terms of this style, I don't follow techno too much as it is, but this was different for sure). It's a little overwhelming at times (I heard somewhere that snares tire people out and this stuff is chock full of it) but I can see myself listening to it once in a while.

Edit: I believe I liked second mix more too, I guess it was more melodic, or just sounds more familiar, or maybe it's how you said - it's more energetic, but definitely great stuff, man!
Lauretta Thody
Hello everyone!
I uploaded a brand new mix, maybe more powerful and faster for sure.

Here is the link :

Comments are welcome and share it if you like it (and if you want to)!
I also have a Soundcloud profile under the nickname Max Puissant if you wanna go there, too.

See ya!

PS:Can someone tell me how to change the thread title, 'cause there are more than just one mix now. Thanks!
Lauretta Thody
Thanks a lot !
Chas Giraldez
Man, props on the mix, I'm rockin' out to this hard

GREAT Work

<< Back to REMIX section. Mistapes, Podcasts, Breaks, and Soundcloud linksReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy