Lowest latency portable audio interface for PC

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: Lowest latency portable audio interface for PCReply
Lowest latency portable audio interface for PC
Posted on: 05.12.2013 by Frieda Swoboda
Curious what people would suggest. I had a Focusrite but want to try something new since I have heard some complaints the Forte had latency issues and that was the one I was believeing of upgrading to.

Price range 200-500.

I heard the RME Babyface is the best, but it's almost 800.
Frieda Swoboda
Curious what people would suggest. I had a Focusrite but want to try something new since I have heard some complaints the Forte had latency issues and that was the one I was believeing of upgrading to.

Price range 200-500.

I heard the RME Babyface is the best, but it's almost 800.
Frieda Swoboda
I don't need a ton of IO, but I will be recording some guitars so the converters in the RME are looking like the best bet in the portable range.

I believe I may be stuck getting the RME. Alva makes a sort of knock-off but the reviews weren't that great.
Trey Brune
Latency is generally dictated by the transfer method, CPU workload in the DAW and firmware more so than hardware. I can believe of few audio interfaces that have actually caused latency issues, even at budget price. All proper audio interfaces are built to handle all I/O's being used simultaneously without any added latency or degradation in quality.

Also when people are talking about quality in audio interfaces, they are discussing the converters, not latency. In which case, yes RME has pretty good converters, and yes in that price range they might be some of the best.

So like Takerith said, how much IO do you need/want?
Monserrate Rupnow
How much IO do you need/want?

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy