MicroBrute VS MiniBrute [Analog synths]

Home :: Producer tips and DAW information :: MicroBrute VS MiniBrute [Analog synths]Reply
MicroBrute VS MiniBrute [Analog synths]
Posted on: 03.11.2013 by Nereida Jasnoch
Hey

I'd like to get a "cheap" analog synth (korg volcas will be out of stock for a while) and I can't decide if I should
get a MiniBrute or Microbrute

Overall I'm more inclined to get the MiniBrute because that one has a sine wave and the Micro does not.

Are there some things I might have overlooked ? Which one would you get ?
Nereida Jasnoch
Originally Posted by evolakim
I was in your same boat so I said fuck it and bought a BASS STATION 2!!!! I'm absolutely in love!!
yeah they say it's good but it's not that appealing to me.
Nereida Jasnoch
Originally Posted by Negatron
so torn.
ME TOO !

so far I got this:

Micro can't produce sine waves
Micro has patch cords (configureability)
Micro is smaller and thus has smaller keys
Micro has a step sequencer/Mini has an arpeggiator
Mini has Midi out
Micro has only one envelope generator, but it is freely assignable. In contrast, the Mini has two envelope generators, but they are hard wired to VCA and VCF.
Micro has no noise generator
Micro has a more complex suboscillator
Micro has only one LFO, but again, it's freely assignable.
Ming Devis
Originally Posted by MyUsername
Hey

I'd like to get a "cheap" analog synth (korg volcas will be out of stock for a while) and I can't decide if I should

Overall I'm more inclined to get the MiniBrute because that one has a sine wave and the Micro does not.

The sequencer on the Micro looks like a pretty cool addition.
Nereida Jasnoch
Hey

Jeana Avenarius
Pulled the trigger on a MINIBRUTE. Just using it as a flavor, and it sounds fantastic for the price! Looking at a WALDORF PULSE 2 for "Front Line Assembly-type in-ur-face cut-threw-mix." (can't help it, I've gotta do it!)

This guy is selling MICRO BRUTE for $269.00 :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151191410903

The price made up my mind for me. You can always buy a MINI BRUTE later if you feel the need
Rebbecca Fennell
just watched the vid negatron posted - hands down the micro.
yeah its simpler but its also got more for expansion. ive been intending to get both but if i had to choose only one id go micro
Rebbecca Fennell
depends on your usage. me personally, if im going to use a single synth for bass its usually just a straight sine, the one feature the mini has versus the micro i enjoy on other synths is tweaking the sound of the filter envelope attack versus the amps attack.
cant get bogged down in what has the most features - there are plenty of features on synths that are simply not for everyone or at the very least for all types of sounds; these are clearly for bass, basic leads/reinforcing more complex leads. if youre fairly new to this and money is an issue id recommend the micro
Nereida Jasnoch
Originally Posted by evolakim
I was in your same boat so I said fuck it and bought a BASS STATION 2!!!! I'm absolutely in love!!
yeah they say it's good but it's not that appealing to me.
Aleisha Nakaoka
Nereida Jasnoch
I believe I kinda prefer the mini, but it's €180 more expensive.
Nereida Jasnoch
some more features that are only on the mini:

he VCF envelope is also used for modulation of PWM\metallizer. With individual amount settings.
LFO has more waveforms on the MINI. Destinations have individual amount settings.
Envelopes have Fast\Slow setting.
Ultrasaw has a rate parameter.
Sub has sine\square setting.
Notch filter.
Individual headphone and master out volume controls.
Aftertouch
Mixer has faders

source for both posts: http://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers
Nereida Jasnoch
Originally Posted by Negatron
so torn.
ME TOO !

so far I got this:

Micro can't produce sine waves
Micro has patch cords (configureability)
Micro is smaller and thus has smaller keys
Micro has a step sequencer/Mini has an arpeggiator
Mini has Midi out
Micro has only one envelope generator, but it is freely assignable. In contrast, the Mini has two envelope generators, but they are hard wired to VCA and VCF.
Micro has no noise generator
Micro has a more complex suboscillator
Micro has only one LFO, but again, it's freely assignable.
Tobias Merrills
actually the microbrute looks friggin rad

but the mini brute does to! so torn.
Tobias Merrills
This is a awesome question considering i had no idea there was a micro addition. I am curious as to which one has more features as well. Played with the mini brute in guitar center and i shook the whole place. But if i could do the exact same thing just on a smaller device....why not!
Ming Devis
Originally Posted by MyUsername
Hey

The sequencer on the Micro looks like a pretty cool addition.

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy