Multi-FX in Serato DJ...

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: Multi-FX in Serato DJ...Reply
Multi-FX in Serato DJ...
Posted on: 03.05.2013 by Len Ates
Greetings everyone, longtime lurker/first time poster here, and I'd like to open some discussion on the new effects in Serato DJ. I've been a DJ for a long time so this isn't my first rodeo using effects, but last evening I installed the new update on my NS6 and did some experimenting, and to be honest I was a little underwelmed by the multi-effects. I like the "fidelity" of the new effects over Itch for sure, but couldn't find any effect chain combos that were even remotely useful or musical to my ears.

So, anyone have any good "formulas" yet? Is it because I spin breakbeats that some effects sound too busy? I only gave it about an hour last evening and will go back at it toevening and post here if I find anything that "works". Hopefully we can get some good ideas out of this thread. Thanks in advance.
Wilson Durrum
Originally Posted by scooterADAM
if you turn on echo on, turn to wet 100%, drop the volume up fader to zero you get an echo trail, not as drastic as with Traktor echo freeze but better than Itch
I will try this when I get home toevening . Thanks!
Maile Dekerlegand
Originally Posted by DJ G-REG
How do or can you do an echo freeze in Serato DJ? I have been using Traktor for 2+ years and bought a DDJSX a few weeks ago and have been using Serato DJ but cannot figure out how the effects work.
if you turn on echo on, turn to wet 100%, drop the volume up fader to zero you get an echo trail, not as drastic as with Traktor echo freeze but better than Itch
Len Ates
Greetings everyone, longtime lurker/first time poster here, and I'd like to open some discussion on the new effects in Serato DJ. I've been a DJ for a long time so this isn't my first rodeo using effects, but last evening I installed the new update on my NS6 and did some experimenting, and to be honest I was a little underwelmed by the multi-effects. I like the "fidelity" of the new effects over Itch for sure, but couldn't find any effect chain combos that were even remotely useful or musical to my ears.

So, anyone have any good "formulas" yet? Is it because I spin breakbeats that some effects sound too busy? I only gave it about an hour last evening and will go back at it toevening and post here if I find anything that "works". Hopefully we can get some good ideas out of this thread. Thanks in advance.
Wilson Durrum
Originally Posted by scooterADAM
I will try this when I get home toevening . Thanks!
Maile Dekerlegand
Originally Posted by DJ G-REG
How do or can you do an echo freeze in Serato DJ? I have been using Traktor for 2+ years and bought a DDJSX a few weeks ago and have been using Serato DJ but cannot figure out how the effects work.
Dannie Dimora
I love to chain delay and echo, but that was nothing i couldn't do before by assigning both fx1 and 2 to the same channel, so i too am a little underwhelmed by this "massive update" in 1.2...
Wilson Durrum
Len Ates
After messing with the effects a bit more this weekend, I seem to have come to the same conclusion as you Haze. I usually have only a HPF and delay on effects A and B with the occasional LPF thrown in. What I ended up doing was putting HPF, LPF, and Comb filter on effects B and delay, echo, and pan delay on effects A. I guess it works really well for not having to switch between effects and the occasional delay/filter effect combo though I still haven't really hit on a three effect chain that I would use. I like your idea for splitting them up for workflow purposes though, gonna try messing with transitions using crazy filter effects on both decks.
Julissa Serrone
I normally don't use more than two effects at a time and it's usually a combo of delay or echo and HPF, or reverb with LPF/HPf, or flanger with HPF...this is normally on a DJM. So I would believe a slight combo of any of those three Delay, Reverb, HPF.

What the multi banks have really done is streamlined my workflow. I keep 1 back dedicated to deck a and the other to deck b and that's it.

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy