VCI-400 SE New Firmware mismatch!ERROR! no ACK still in bootloader mode! help!!!Pls!!

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQ :: VCI-400 SE New Firmware mismatch!ERROR! no ACK still in bootloader mode! help!!!Pls!!Reply
VCI-400 SE New Firmware mismatch!ERROR! no ACK still in bootloader mode! help!!!Pls!!
Posted on: 22.11.2012 by Gale Bresler
Hi everybody got a big Problem:
Wanna upgrade via PC load Current firmware Version...browse for v2.0...start and FirmUp says: ACK not found!...The VCI is still now in bootloader mode and i can't use it...got my next session on Dec. the 1st. WAHHH need help please!
Notes: Got VCI-400 SE / Win 7 (64bit) / Vestax ASIO Driver 1.52 / Vestax v2.0 firmware (Standalone Mixer) / Ean Golden firmware v1.0 (0007004)
Donald Tuetken
My hardware conditions occurred with Mac OS, and (Toshiba) Win 7, and Win 8, using Traktor 2.6, with Flashflooder 2.5.1 mapping.

I thought I'd share what I experienced with other users... The reason I believe I was unable to get into boot loader mode (instead of being locked within boot loader mode), was because the USB/Power lights did not behave as they normally would--indicating the boot mode is enabled.

After going through many re/installation procedures, I eventually got to a clean reinstall (including the Flashflooder goods). Yet I was only certain on a few attempts, if 'boot loader mode' was in fact enabled, because the of lights.

I later experienced what being locked in boot loader mode was, but I quickly recovered from it. So... there's 2 different problematic scenarios.

On other reinstall attempts, the firmware updater app would message, 'no reply', which also did not indicate 'boot loader mode' was actually on/off.

I researched through others' related issues. I didn't read a mention of the scenario, I've just described. I hope this information makes sense and helps. If I can help more, let me know. For now, I'm staying clear of any future firmware updates until further notice, or unless those updates come from Flashflooder.

For the record, I did not need to downgrade to the FW1 flashflooder ware, nor do a factory reset.

Back to normal operations.
Tam Mcguiggan
Quickswitch.. What manufacturer laptop are you using?
Donald Tuetken
I hope the other user replies, for I am having a similar problem--although may/may not be the exact issue.

My VCI 400 unit is not stuck in boot loader mode. It is unable to get into boot loader mode. The reason this all happened is, I attempted to upgrade to the recent Vestax 2x firmware, and it seemed to cause a conflict with the existing firmware. So now, I'm attempting to restore to factory settings, yet, I cannot get into boot loader mode in order to do this. I have contacted Vestax, DJTT, and Flashflooder, and await a response. If I find out a solution, I'll be sure to follow up to this thread.

When I press "get Version": there is no reply
When I press "Start": ERROR ACK is not found

Vestax Support, Reset to Factory Default: http://help.vestax.co.jp/en/detail.p...d_page_url=413
DJTT Potential solution: http://community .djranking s.com/showthr...=48174&page=25
Related Topic: https://ranking s.zendesk.com/entrie...ootloader-Mode
Tam Mcguiggan
Originally Posted by Sean_Boy87
i cannot get it to bloody work.... close to taking a hammer to the f**king thing!!!!
You still having problems?
Gale Bresler
Wanna upgrade via PC load Current firmware Version...browse for v2.0...start and FirmUp says: ACK not found!...The VCI is still now in bootloader mode and i can't use it...got my next session on Dec. the 1st. WAHHH need help please!
Notes: Got VCI-400 SE / Win 7 (64bit) / Vestax ASIO Driver 1.52 / Vestax v2.0 firmware (Standalone Mixer) / Ean Golden firmware v1.0 (0007004)
Tam Mcguiggan
What manufacturer laptop are you using?
Tam Mcguiggan
Please Help! Just got my VCI400EG When I plug it into
my mac and open the Vestax updater, it says

Device :VCI-400
Audio Firmware : vFF.FF ??????
MIDI Firmware : v07.02

Is this even correct? Feels like I may have updated or changed the wrong file

If anyone can help me. I'd really appreciate it
Nicola Oatts
i cannot get it to bloody work.... close to taking a hammer to the f**king thing!!!!
Marisha Torbett
Originally Posted by Rusty
Okay, after hours of trying different scenarios this is what finally worked for me:
1) Restart PC
2) Turn VCI-400 on in bootloader mode
3) Open FirmUp and attempt update
4) Update fails and gives the ACK error
5) Leave Firmup open
6) Turn off VCI-400 and turn it back on in bootloader mode
7) Without changing the previous Firmup settings, press Start again.
Wow what a pain!
On fifth time of reboot (when i started to panic) this works!
Many thanks!!!

p.s. "Dj ranking s guys", you REALLY need to do something with this flashing process...
Meredith Waterman
F...ck non of this works in my case. I can do what I want...... it always says:

When I press "get Version": there is no reply
When I press "Start": ERROR ACK is not found
Ethel Saracco
Okay, after hours of trying different scenarios this is what finally worked for me:
1) Restart PC
2) Turn VCI-400 on in bootloader mode
3) Open FirmUp and attempt update
4) Update fails and gives the ACK error
5) Leave Firmup open
6) Turn off VCI-400 and turn it back on in bootloader mode
7) Without changing the previous Firmup settings, press Start again.
Wow what a pain!
Wilma Treaster
I had the same problem as I posted in the Mapping Downloads area.

I followed FlashFlooder's Advice and persevered with it and finally got it to work.

For me the way I fixed it was the following

1) Powered off my VCI400 and left it powered down for a few minutes.
2) Restarted my PC.
3) Connected my VCI400 via the USB Cable - But did not power it up.
4) Opened the FirmUP.exe and left it open.
5) Started the VCI400 in Bootloader Mode
6) Tried to flash and in this case it was successful.

Hopefully that helps.
Ethel Saracco
I had the same problem "ERROR!! ACK is not found". Unfortunately, doing the factory reset on MacOSX and installing the standalone mixer firmware did not fix my VCI. It's still stuck in bootloader mode! Can you explain more clearly how you were able to do the DJTT v2 update at the end of the standalone mixer update?
Gale Bresler
Originally Posted by pierrelefonque
Well, resolved the problem...for everyone who wanna know it:
make a factory reset in org. vestax firmware tool in OSX, after that load up org. vestax firmware v2.0 (standalone mixer update)...at the end get firmware updater from ranking s for upgrading to ranking s vci 400 se v2.0 (with PC only)...
...connect with my make loading up .tsi for Traktor 2.6 Done!Works fine until now

kind regards

plf

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy