Traktor pro does not recognize my vci 100

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Traktor pro does not recognize my vci 100Reply
Traktor pro does not recognize my vci 100
Posted on: 24.03.2009 by Porfirio Breter
I Just received my vci 100 and installed the firmware 1.3, along with the tks file 1.4.20. i am currently running traktor pro 1.1.1 on windows xp sp3 and i have uninstalled and reinstalled traktor about 12 times now. i still can't get the vci to show up on the midi menu. the pc does recognize the vestax, but traktor does not. in my last few re installments, traktor has asked me if i am running a midi controller when i first run the program right after installing it. i press yes and select the vci 100, but when the program starts running, the vestax does not show up on the midi menu. i can load the tsi file no problem.. i have been trying for the past 5 hours and still can't get it. do i need a midi translator? i installed the midi yoke and traktor does recognize the midi yoke running and it shows up on the midi menu, but not the vestax.. if anybody has a clue please hit me up... right now i'm desperate and frustrated..
HAKAN AKCAN
I have the same exact issue on two separate machines. HP DV2700 and Dell Inspiron 700M. At this point I am very frustrated. I just did a clean install of XP SP3 on both machines. No Logitech Devices (Webcam or Input Devices).
Sound card is M-Audio FW 410.

I connect the VCI-100, windows recognizes it as Vestax VCI-100 then quickly changes the device to 'USB Audio Device' in the device manager.
Traktor is not picking up the device as the VCI-100, the midi input window shows only 'USB Audio Device'.

I have read a number of other community s with users having the same issue with the Logitech cam and or with certain laptops. Both of these scenarios don
HAKAN AKCAN
I have the same exact issue on two separate machines. HP DV2700 and Dell Inspiron 700M. At this point I am very frustrated. I just did a clean install of XP SP3 on both machines. No Logitech Devices (Webcam or Input Devices).

I connect the VCI-100, windows recognizes it as Vestax VCI-100 then quickly changes the device to 'USB Audio Device' in the device manager.
Traktor is not picking up the device as the VCI-100, the midi input window shows only 'USB Audio Device'.

I have read a number of other community s with users having the same issue with the Logitech cam and or with certain laptops. Both of these scenarios don
HAKAN AKCAN

HAKAN AKCAN

HAKAN AKCAN

Johanna Lohmann
Originally Posted by mekon_ca
try this:

"MIDI Devices Aren't Being Recognised?
(Friday, 11 May 2007) -

3. Locate the UpperFilters and LowerFilters value under the
following key in the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E96C-E325-
11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
"
Sorry this is an old thread but deleting the above worked for me. A quick shortcut...
1. open a cmd window (start then run the cmd and return)
2. copy and paste the below lines.
REG SAVE HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E 96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\UpperFilters C:\UpperFilters.reg
REG SAVE HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E 96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\LowerFilters C:\LowerFilters.reg
REG DELETE HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E 96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\UpperFilters
REG DELETE HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E 96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\LowerFilters

the keys are saved to your C: drive as .reg files then deleted...
Thanks for the help.
HAKAN AKCAN

Johanna Lohmann
Originally Posted by mekon_ca
try this:

(Friday, 11 May 2007) -

following key in the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E96C-E325-
11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
"
Sorry this is an old thread but deleting the above worked for me. A quick shortcut...
1. open a cmd window (start then run the cmd and return)
2. copy and paste the below lines.
REG SAVE HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E 96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\UpperFilters C:\UpperFilters.reg
REG SAVE HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E 96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\LowerFilters C:\LowerFilters.reg
REG DELETE HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E 96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\UpperFilters
REG DELETE HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E 96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\LowerFilters

the keys are saved to your C: drive as .reg files then deleted...
Thanks for the help.
Nella Curvin
Dj Lobo,I had the same problem using the same logitech mouse.I stopped using the mouse and plugged the vci usb in the same port I had the mouse plugged.
I use the touchpad on my dell e1505 when i need it. Then I opened traktor3.4 to see if it recoqnized the vci and it did so then I opened traktor pro upgraded after installing
all the download upgrades from the NI website and shazaam! It's Alive!!!!!...peace..me dj
Vernon Positano
The logitech issue is a well known one on the Traktor community s, and mekon's post above has been known to work in resolving the issue.

As for everyone else.. the device 'USB AUDIO DEVICE' *is* your VCI-100. Just select that under the traktor midi options.

In my experience, the VCI-100 is only given its full correct name when running under vista and not xp, but that does not affect its operation.
Eli Hergonz
try this:

(Friday, 11 May 2007) -
If you have an application that can be controlled by a MIDI device, but that application doesn`t see one or more of your devices, try the following fix.This fix involved using Regedit to delete the UpperFilters and LowerFilters registry values. BE CAREFULL messing around in your registry, as you can damage your OS.To Manually delete the
UpperFilters and LowerFilters registry values, follow these steps:
1. Start Registry Editor (Regedit.exe).START > RUN >(Type) REGEDIT (and hit ENTER)
2. Go to File > Export and save a backup file to somewhere on your computer (you can
delete this backup file later if you determine that all is well).
11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
4. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK. You may or may not need to unplug
and then reconnect the MIDI device after deleting these values.
This fix has been reported to work by several users now."
Leora Cerilli
Hi!
I have read all the posts. I have the same issue. I just installed a logitech Quickcam last week and it affected Traktor. I have uninstalled the drivers, but I cant get it to work. I dont know what else to do. I dont want to reformat my HD because I have a lot of softwares and thousands of music. Any body else found another solution? or anyone can help me out? I feel like throwing my pc from my balcony.
Kerry Chhabra
the only thing i needed to do when it locked up was to go in as admin, uninstall the drivers, unplug and reinstall.....haven't had a problem since.
Earnest Spink
Hi guys,

same here with my VCI 100 after FW Update and update from Traktor 3.3 to 3.4( before the Traktor upgrade it showed up as VCI 100 even after the FW upgrade).

Traktor had a hard time starting after the upgrade to 3.4 and even locked up!

So with my C2Duo HP Laptop running XP and SP2 and SP3 (two different Installations), Traktor 3.4 and my VCI-100 FW 1.3 here is what helped me.

First of all my VCI was visible in Traktors midi Section as "usb audio Emulated". <---Selecting that got it to work.

Also before starting traktor and booted my rebooted my VCI into FW 1.3 (See Eans video and launching FW 1.2 or FW 1.3) and ever since my VCI shows up as VCI-100 und the midi preferences section in traktor.

Kind of mysterious, but that method got my VCI-100(s) to how up under both my different XP installations as "VCI-100" in Traktor 3.4.
Porfirio Breter
well i finally got mine to work. i reinstalled a fresh copy of Win XP Sp3 and i also got rid of all my logitech gear(mouse,keyboard and cam) and replaced it with microsoft gear. the system immediately recognized my VCI and traktor also. as usb audio Emulated like migz. i then had a problem with traktor freezing up every time i selected my sound card, this was do to my drivers being out of date. i fixed that problem by downloading new drivers from the web and now everything is working perfect. might i add that all the frustration was well worth it.. so if anybody has any questions about my particular problems, don't hesitate to hit me up at [email protected]
Roberto Viccione
That usually means there's a conflict with the TSI/TKS, shouldn't have anything to do with the VCI-100.

Try a different TSI/TKS file
HAKAN AKCAN
It shows up as USB Audio Device. But when I try loading the djranking s mapping.. I receive the following

Accessor information has unknown version. Therefore it has been ignored.
Maybell Leins
For anybody with 'USB Audio Device [Emulated]' showing up, enable it and give it a try. That was the solution for me.
Mechelle Duncil
Guys, I recently discovered that Traktor 3.4 have some similar problems to correctly assign a midi device (controller instead of audio). And it caused that the software would take very long time to start and probably not recognize the vci and also the light that goes green on the software display for MIDI would apper red. I believe that if you have a audio interface that is also a MIDI interface, traktor can have issues in determine which one is the controller.
So maybe a similar bug is afecting Tpro
What seem to solve the issue (might help you) is going to CONTROL PANEL --> SOUND AND AUDIO DEVICES ---> AUDIO TAB and ther in "MIDI music playback" find the VCI (need to have it on)and select it. It would probaby show as usb device, so make sure you are not selecting the midi interface from your sound interface.
Also check the box "Only use default devices ".

After doing this try booting traktor with the vci on and try to select it on the midi devices (remember that sometimes it is called emulated usb bla bla).

Try this and post the results please. It did work perfectly on T3.4
Good luck
Roberto Viccione
Have you tried using the USB Audio Device?
HAKAN AKCAN

Maybell Leins
Lobo thanks so much for putting this on. The strangest thing just happened. I was just in the middle of writing about my plan, and a strange quirk inside the program, and then BAM I got it to work! I have to test it out to make sure everything is functional, but I'm definitely receiving signals properly on first glance! In the Midi Setup tab, there was an entry in Midi In and Midi Out: USB Audio Device [Emulated]. Like a dumbass, I didn't try it before. I opened Traktor to check what it was called to write it on here for you. I activated it this time though, and voila, it started working. I hope you have the same luck, or fail that I hope you figure it out without too much trouble. I'll catch you on here, or if you happen to be bored, check out www.djmigs.com for some electro house. Cheers!
Porfirio Breter
hey migs, i have spent countless hours for the last few days researching the problem. from what i have gathered, the problem is the usb drivers that are connected to your computer. apparently Logitech devices have a certain way of blocking midi signals from communicating between traktor and the vci. they say it's only the Logitech webcam, but i don't have a webcam, i have Logitech mouse and keyboard. when i go into device manager and look into usb devices while having the vci plugged in, i have 2 composite audio devices because the pc is picking up the keyboard as an audio device. don't ask me why. i borrowed my brothers laptop and installed Tpro and the vci, and had no problems.. everything works as it should. he is running windows XP SP2.
so what i'm gonna do is, reformat my HD and install a fresh copy of WIN XP SP3. i'm gonna buy a new mouse and keyboard that is not Logitech and reinstall the program. hopefully it'll work. if not, then i'll reformat the HD again and install WIN XP SP2. i believe it's better formatting the entire drive and installing fresh copies of XP rather than going through the registry and trying to delete drivers and programs, which i allready tried and didn't work for me. i am by no means a computer wizz, but i have read a lot of community s and tried different things and nothing seems to work. i know for a fact the problem is the usb drivers' interference with the midi signal..
i will do all this sometime saturday and will post comments on what happened. wish me luck... and let me just say, after installing the vci and trying it out on my brothers' laptop, all this hard work is worth it..
Maybell Leins
Both the upgrade card and the power cable were connected directly to my computer (Serial to USB for the upgrade card). Renesas seemed to flash my VCI with no problem on the first try, so I disconnected everything and restarted. The demo of Traktor Pro 1.1.1 doesn't recognize my VCI at all. If I load Traktor 3.3, the VCI still shows up and works (although the mappings are funny now). I also installed Traktor Pro on a friends computer, and it doesn't show up there either. What could be wrong here?
casey rascal
If your using a USB hub then skip it!
Maybell Leins
I'm having the same problem. I just went though all the upgrades to my VCI-100, and Traktor Pro 1.1.1 can't see it. I'm using the demo version right now. Please please please let me know if there is a way to fix this.
Porfirio Breter
i like the idea ... thanx
Cristian Carmona
i would install he demo on a friends computer to see if the vci works.
Porfirio Breter
no i don't have another computer... i thought about it though...
Cristian Carmona
hey lobo, it suxs that you can get the vci to run, have you tried using it on another computer?

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy