Broken fader, no midi data sent out from pitch fader

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Broken fader, no midi data sent out from pitch faderReply
Broken fader, no midi data sent out from pitch fader
Posted on: 09.11.2011 by Omer Defillipo
Hey.

I've got an VCI-100 SE, firmware 1.3

It's been working really well for over a year now, but today as I sat down to begin a mixing session I noticed that the pitch fader (tempo fader, i dont know what its called) does not send out any Midi-data.

I've got a really big gig coming up this saturday, so I really need to fix this quickly. Anyone has any experience of this problem, and what can I do to fix it? Will it work to open it up and clean it the same way I did when the upfaders started glitching?

Please help!
Nicki Fromme
Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50
If you can measure the faders I have some faders I ordered for my S4, but the pins have the wrong dimensions.
The ones for the s4 are not the same those for the pitch faders for the Vci 100 are much smaller and have a center click. Swapping out is quite simple just a bit of soldering knowledge gets the job done
Omer Defillipo
Hey.

I've got an VCI-100 SE, firmware 1.3

It's been working really well for over a year now, but today as I sat down to begin a mixing session I noticed that the pitch fader (tempo fader, i dont know what its called) does not send out any Midi-data.

I've got a really big gig coming up this saturday, so I really need to fix this quickly. Anyone has any experience of this problem, and what can I do to fix it? Will it work to open it up and clean it the same way I did when the upfaders started glitching?

Please help!
Nicki Fromme
Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50
If you can measure the faders I have some faders I ordered for my S4, but the pins have the wrong dimensions.
The ones for the s4 are not the same those for the pitch faders for the Vci 100 are much smaller and have a center click. Swapping out is quite simple just a bit of soldering knowledge gets the job done
Gaynell Rydberg
Deangelo Boender
I can't believe that this thread was at the top of the page, I'm having the exact same problem! I was just checking to see if there was a reference for opening your case and seeing if the faders were actually replaceable.
Does anyone know what a good brand for aftermarket faders would be? maybe I'll upgrade!
Armando Waithour
before replacing it, try to clean it with cleaning alcohol!
Nicki Fromme
here i got a link for you

you need to replace it they go bad after time.. they have a life span.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181150897516...84.m1558.l2649

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy