MF Spectra // Updating firmware resets all settings on each unit - really???

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: MF Spectra // Updating firmware resets all settings on each unit - really???Reply
MF Spectra // Updating firmware resets all settings on each unit - really???
Posted on: 28.03.2013 by Maryalice Zwahlen
hi.

i just pressed the update firmware button for the first time using my mf utility with my new mf spectras.
it runs through this entire process of flashing and updating and booting and whatnot and eventually whatever had to be updated gets updated but the problem i have with that it also erases all the settings i put in place for the controller, so for every unit i have to set the colors and settings again from scratch. that aint quite right is it?

from the classics i am used to just updating the unit and everything remains as is, how come nowadays you have to set the entire controller up again from the beginning?
Maryalice Zwahlen
hi.

i just pressed the update firmware button for the first time using my mf utility with my new mf spectras.
it runs through this entire process of flashing and updating and booting and whatnot and eventually whatever had to be updated gets updated but the problem i have with that it also erases all the settings i put in place for the controller, so for every unit i have to set the colors and settings again from scratch. that aint quite right is it?

from the classics i am used to just updating the unit and everything remains as is, how come nowadays you have to set the entire controller up again from the beginning?
Maryalice Zwahlen
sweet thanks guys
Adolf Hit
Hey JanuaryOne,

So the reason it does this is sometimes new firmware versions have a new permament settings layout in their memory, switching between remix and standard should never cause a factory reset of the settings. As Jester says if this is a big problem a good way to go is to export your settings before upgrading to new firmware.

Sorry for any inconvenience!
Latoria Kavulich
export your utility settings before flashing the firmware
Leeanna Ayla
Could it be this bug? http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=66784

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy