Change MF3D Orientation?

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Change MF3D Orientation?Reply
Change MF3D Orientation?
Posted on: 19.03.2013 by Mozella Vay
Hi there,

Just picked up a midifighter 3d and am playing with the utility program etc. Have a mapping working with remix deck control and effects.

I was wondering, is there a way to reverse the orientation of the midifighter 3d? As in: can the 3d bet turned 180 degrees so that the cable port is at the back and the bank buttons are on the bottom?

If not I can work around it, but it would be great as I am building a custom box for the dj gear and was hoping to put the cable port at the back (top).

Thanks
Napoleon Oberkrom
Originally Posted by Jester
this will be included in a future firmware update
Hopefully this will be extended to the Spectra too? I'm in pretty much the same position (as it were), but wishing I could have the USB-socket side of my Spectra be the bottom (near) edge.
Mozella Vay
Cool.
Mozella Vay
Hi there,

Just picked up a midifighter 3d and am playing with the utility program etc. Have a mapping working with remix deck control and effects.

I was wondering, is there a way to reverse the orientation of the midifighter 3d? As in: can the 3d bet turned 180 degrees so that the cable port is at the back and the bank buttons are on the bottom?

If not I can work around it, but it would be great as I am building a custom box for the dj gear and was hoping to put the cable port at the back (top).

Thanks
Adolf Hit
Hey Lapinfuu,

We are working on a update to the 3D firmware which will mean any Spectra mapping will be compatible with the 3D, and vice versa, except for if using a 3D mapping on a Spectra obviously all Motion and Bank button related controls will not work.
Vi Melroy
With the new firmware all mappings which will work on Mf3d will work on Spectra too and vice versa.
Napoleon Oberkrom
Hopefully this will be extended to the Spectra too? I'm in pretty much the same position (as it were), but wishing I could have the USB-socket side of my Spectra be the bottom (near) edge.
Mozella Vay
Cool.
Latoria Kavulich
Libbie Orion
honestly
i just use mine so much i memorized how to use it upside down if i need to.
i know thats not quite what you are looking for but it was the easiest thing to do for me
i actually wanted to use mine sideways (because of the way i have mine setup)
my left thumb reaches the banks really easy while the rest of those fingers are doing something on the other EFX unit
Mozella Vay
Btw, I know I can do it by changing what the buttons do in a midi mapping, but in HID mode there doesn't seem to be a way to program the buttons individually?

Thanks

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy