Failed Firmware update for MF3D now not detected by utility

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Failed Firmware update for MF3D now not detected by utilityReply
Failed Firmware update for MF3D now not detected by utility
Posted on: 20.08.2012 by Willis Dreiling
Hello all! I'm new to the community s and the midi fighter world.

Finally just received my midi fighter 3D and it worked great right out of the box. But then I saw the info saying to download the utility and update the firmware. Found out that the utility doesn't work on osx 10.5.8 so I downloaded the windows version and hopped over to my girlfriends computer to update the firmware. Got the most recent mf_utility and then tried to update the firmware. it failed to download the HEX file and now my MF3D is pulsing on the top right hand button and is no longer recognized by the mf_utility. I'm not sure exactly what I did wrong but I'm certainly a little aggravated this happened. any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

tl;dr

just got MF3D. worked out of box. tried to update. hex download failed. now mf3d has pulsing light in top right hand corner and not detected by mf_utility. what do i do?
Cleotilde Dodsworth
Originally Posted by midifidler
Hey guys - get in touch with support and they can help you correct the above issue.
Hey Guys,

I had the same issue with my MF3D that I received yesterday. I wanted to make it work on Windows 7 or Vista, none of them could update the firmware, this morning I figured out a way to get it to work, taking advantage of the HID and Midi. It worked great. I will post a video on how to fix the issue toevening . Keep an eye at my post toevening and hopefully you can follow the steps and make it work.

Best of luck
Alex
Macie Ballines
Originally Posted by johnyfav
Usually usb hub things? Is it directly plugged in?
I have a MF3D that is having the same problems: unrecognized by the MF Updater and the top right page button is flashing. It's plugged in directly too. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks, Alex.
Macbook Pro 15' (mid 2010)
Willis Dreiling
Hello all! I'm new to the community s and the midi fighter world.

Finally just received my midi fighter 3D and it worked great right out of the box. But then I saw the info saying to download the utility and update the firmware. Found out that the utility doesn't work on osx 10.5.8 so I downloaded the windows version and hopped over to my girlfriends computer to update the firmware. Got the most recent mf_utility and then tried to update the firmware. it failed to download the HEX file and now my MF3D is pulsing on the top right hand button and is no longer recognized by the mf_utility. I'm not sure exactly what I did wrong but I'm certainly a little aggravated this happened. any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

tl;dr

just got MF3D. worked out of box. tried to update. hex download failed. now mf3d has pulsing light in top right hand corner and not detected by mf_utility. what do i do?
John Kretsinger
Old thread, but FWIW, I was running into a similar issue on OSX. Brand new Midi Fighter 3D, used it for a few hours trying out different mappings and switching back and forth between the standard and remix firmware.

At some point I tried switching back to the standard firmware, but it failed and was stuck with the remix firmware. Eventually it got it in a really wonky state where nothing seemed to work, but I managed to load an older hex manually from one of the support articles.

Then I managed to in tried to update the firmware but it would get stuck halfway through the flashing the midi fighter stage and then fail. It'd seemingly successfully download the firmware, enter bootloader mode and attempt to flash the firmware, then fail with a message about not being able to find a Midi Fighter in bootloader mode.

manhooei's video sent me the right direction to get the firmware update to succeed though.

1. Plug in MF3D and open the utility.
  2. Click the blue Update Firmware button
  3. Hold down the four corner buttons while pressing the confirm button in the alert that tells you to not use a USB hub
  4. Continue to hold until the MF3D restarts and bam! Updated Midi Fighter.

Thanks mahooei.

Though, if I were to to through this process again or get my MF3D into a wacky state, rather than messing around I'd probably just contact support.
Cleotilde Dodsworth
Here is a video for updating the firmware on windows 7/vista. This solved my problem with the firmware update issue, hopefully it helps you too.

Latoria Kavulich
Uninstall the driver from the device manager and re-plug in the device. worked for me with both the 3D & Spectras
Cleotilde Dodsworth
Originally Posted by midifidler
Hey guys - get in touch with support and they can help you correct the above issue.
Hey Guys,

I had the same issue with my MF3D that I received yesterday. I wanted to make it work on Windows 7 or Vista, none of them could update the firmware, this morning I figured out a way to get it to work, taking advantage of the HID and Midi. It worked great. I will post a video on how to fix the issue toevening . Keep an eye at my post toevening and hopefully you can follow the steps and make it work.

Best of luck
Alex
Adolf Hit
Macie Ballines
Originally Posted by johnyfav
I have a MF3D that is having the same problems: unrecognized by the MF Updater and the top right page button is flashing. It's plugged in directly too. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks, Alex.
Macbook Pro 15' (mid 2010)
Maribeth Tidler
Ressie Bensel
strange... normally the pulsing light means that the mf3d is in bootmode status.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy