More Midi Fighter Uses

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: More Midi Fighter UsesReply
More Midi Fighter Uses
Posted on: 09.04.2013 by Lisette Ruben
Hey everyone,

So I now have a Traktor Kontrol S2 With BeauBryte's mapping. With it I almost don't need anything else. Having midi fighters with instant grat. and deckalized was crucial when I only had a numark mixtrack pro. I'm only using them sometimes for making music at the moment. I currently have a midi fighter classic and spectra and I would love to incorporate it back into my setup. So here's my question:

Is there any other things I could use the midi fighters for that maybe I'm overlooking?

I don't really need extra cue points or effects controlling. I'm also not very fond of using the spectra as an F1 because there's no monitoring or volume control. I have a feeling there's something I'm missing.

Thanks,
Dalton
Lisette Ruben
Originally Posted by Stewe
How about a evening light
Not a bad idea!
Lisette Ruben
Originally Posted by antifmradio
hey Dalton
it could also be that you are trying to create a job for a company that doesnt really need to exist.
In that i mean, at this point with your technique and gear , you might have some redundancy going on.

I have a few items i no longer need in my rack system because all my midi gear now does this for me.
And its only because, times change, and we gather new gear for our needs.

You can do two things here
A) see if you can make up something to use the gear for
or
b) let yourself go a bit, take a step back and really look at your setup, and really take a moment to see if you really do need item X,Y, and Z. Or is it that X and Y are doing everything you need.
Thank you. What you say is very true. Times have changed and I have different gear now. No need to really overload on gear either.
Lisette Ruben
Originally Posted by Xtian317
Some other options might be-
EQ kills, one touch loop controls (I like to use one-touch micro loops with flux mode), beat jump. If you're using S2 for FX, you could use buttons on the MF for FX presets... Using the MF to setup the FX preset and the S2 to activate/manipulate it.

Either way, with no need for FX, Cue points, Remix decks, or transport controls; two Midi fighters is definitely overkill. I'd sell/trade one.
Didn't even believe of EQ kills! I seem to be missing that on the S2. Thank you.
Leeanna Ayla
That's what I use mine for.
Valery Ellick
Considering how long it took to get your Spectra, I'm sure it bugs the hell out of you to hear someone complaining about not having a use for their Midi figthers...
Lisette Ruben
Hey everyone,

So I now have a Traktor Kontrol S2 With BeauBryte's mapping. With it I almost don't need anything else. Having midi fighters with instant grat. and deckalized was crucial when I only had a numark mixtrack pro. I'm only using them sometimes for making music at the moment. I currently have a midi fighter classic and spectra and I would love to incorporate it back into my setup. So here's my question:

Is there any other things I could use the midi fighters for that maybe I'm overlooking?

I don't really need extra cue points or effects controlling. I'm also not very fond of using the spectra as an F1 because there's no monitoring or volume control. I have a feeling there's something I'm missing.

Thanks,
Dalton
Latoria Kavulich
retrodelic coaster for 16 mini liquors from the minbar
Kellie Myrum
Don't worry, should be out pretty soon
Delena Katherman
Can't wait to try that mapping, Stewe! Need any help testing it out?
Kellie Myrum
Other would be Isolator FX controller. I made a mapping for this and it just take a bit more testing before releasing it in wild.

Edit:

Lisette Ruben
Not a bad idea!
Lisette Ruben
Originally Posted by antifmradio
hey Dalton
it could also be that you are trying to create a job for a company that doesnt really need to exist.
In that i mean, at this point with your technique and gear , you might have some redundancy going on.

I have a few items i no longer need in my rack system because all my midi gear now does this for me.

or
b) let yourself go a bit, take a step back and really look at your setup, and really take a moment to see if you really do need item X,Y, and Z. Or is it that X and Y are doing everything you need.
Thank you. What you say is very true. Times have changed and I have different gear now. No need to really overload on gear either.
Lisette Ruben
Originally Posted by Xtian317
EQ kills, one touch loop controls (I like to use one-touch micro loops with flux mode), beat jump. If you're using S2 for FX, you could use buttons on the MF for FX presets... Using the MF to setup the FX preset and the S2 to activate/manipulate it.

Either way, with no need for FX, Cue points, Remix decks, or transport controls; two Midi fighters is definitely overkill. I'd sell/trade one.
Didn't even believe of EQ kills! I seem to be missing that on the S2. Thank you.
Leeanna Ayla
That's what I use mine for.
Valery Ellick
Considering how long it took to get your Spectra, I'm sure it bugs the hell out of you to hear someone complaining about not having a use for their Midi figthers...
Kellie Myrum
Libbie Orion
hey Dalton

or
Valery Ellick

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy