Traktor 2.6.1 Beatmasher Effect and Midi Fighter Classic Problems

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Traktor 2.6.1 Beatmasher Effect and Midi Fighter Classic ProblemsReply
Traktor 2.6.1 Beatmasher Effect and Midi Fighter Classic Problems
Posted on: 14.05.2013 by Sharyn Prado
Hi

I'm not sure if anyone can help, but since upgrading to Traktor 2.6.0 and 2.6.1 I cannot use the Beatmasher effect with my Midi Fighter Classic. Every time the Beatmasher effect is enabled either by the Midi Fighter or on my S4, it seems to slow down the track a little and causes a feedback loop style sound before engaging the Beatmasher effect. I rolled back the software to 2.5 and have no issues, so there is nothing wrong with my hardware. I'm pretty gutted because my Midi Fighter is one of the key items in my set but I want to be able to mix in key.

I dont believe its CPU usage thats causing the problems, more the software. I have tried updating my midi fighter and also have tried updating the TSI files and still no resolution.

Has anyone else had this issue and can anyone out there suggest a remedy?

Cheers in advance DJTT
Sharyn Prado
Hi

Thanks for the response... please see comments below underlined

Originally Posted by InfntlyCr8tve
Morning Paul,

Hope all is well.

I dont know if changing the setting to external or internal will make the difference here. My understanding is that changing that setting will not effect the audio card driver, just how the audio is sent, as a result still using the s4.

Of course we understand not being able to use the built in audio for djing, you wouldnt be able to cue!

The common denominator to the issue seems to be the audio card, not the controller. Rolling back corrects the issue correct? No the issue remains with earlier versions of the driver, using an earlier version of traktor e.g. 2.5 corrects the issue. I believe there is something with the way the midi fighter is reacting with the S4, its as if there is a conflict once it is in the loop regardless of where the effects are triggered, and it means I cannot use it with 2.6, only with 2.5 which is deeply frustrating.

Q.2.6 works with controllers but feedback loop with s4 enabled as device under audio setup?

S4 works normally with midi fighter unplugged, feedback loop returns once midi fighter is plugged in

Q.2.6 will not feedback loop when you set to build in audio, regardless of controller? Correct everything works once the audio to the S4 is taken out of the loop

In this case i would call NI's phone tech support.
Ill copy you the number when i get into the office this morning via the ticket.

Cheers!
Thanks again!
Kellie Myrum
: P Hey stewe, hope all is well m8.
Hi Chris, nice of you to stop by. All well here, thanks for asking!

I might be needing you to add me another controller to the mappings list. Will let you know

Cheers!
Gwyn Niederstadt
Originally Posted by paulalexsaltis
Hi Chris

Thanks for the input, I tried changing the "output routing" in traktors preferences from internal to external. The problem still occurs.

Mixing using the laptops soundcard isnt an option due to the poor sound quality.

So Im back to square one... :/

Any further comments would be gratefully received.

Paul
Morning Paul,

Hope all is well.

I dont know if changing the setting to external or internal will make the difference here. My understanding is that changing that setting will not effect the audio card driver, just how the audio is sent, as a result still using the s4.

Of course we understand not being able to use the built in audio for djing, you wouldnt be able to cue!

The common denominator to the issue seems to be the audio card, not the controller. Rolling back corrects the issue correct?

Q.2.6 works with controllers but feedback loop with s4 enabled as device under audio setup?
Q.2.6 will not feedback loop when you set to build in audio, regardless of controller?

Cheers!
Gwyn Niederstadt
Originally Posted by Stewe
This is definitely a hardware issue and sounds like your latency is bumping. I would try to remove driver from device manager and plug the MF again just to make sure if that could be the fix. Also try a different laptop.

Eventually you should fill a ticket to the support.

Hi Paul,

I just thought i would reply here as this is a awesome thread. Thanks Paul for opening a ticket with us.
Based on what I'm seeing it a busted driver for audio on the s4, changing it over to the built-in changes the issue. Its experienced on both controllers/mouse while the s4 is engaged as the audio card. Its not experienced when using built in.

To expand on this, We could use the S4 just as a controller while using the built-in audio. We could also test this to see if we experience the issue there as well, forgive me if this has already been tested. Based on theory in this case you would not experience any feedback loop while using the s4 as the controller/built in as audio.

Hope this helps, talk to you guys soon.
I'll send you some extra info on the ticket Paul,

cheers
Sharyn Prado
Hi

I'm not sure if anyone can help, but since upgrading to Traktor 2.6.0 and 2.6.1 I cannot use the Beatmasher effect with my Midi Fighter Classic. Every time the Beatmasher effect is enabled either by the Midi Fighter or on my S4, it seems to slow down the track a little and causes a feedback loop style sound before engaging the Beatmasher effect. I rolled back the software to 2.5 and have no issues, so there is nothing wrong with my hardware. I'm pretty gutted because my Midi Fighter is one of the key items in my set but I want to be able to mix in key.

I dont believe its CPU usage thats causing the problems, more the software. I have tried updating my midi fighter and also have tried updating the TSI files and still no resolution.

Has anyone else had this issue and can anyone out there suggest a remedy?

Cheers in advance DJTT
Sharyn Prado
Hi

Thanks for the response... please see comments below underlined

Morning Paul,

Hope all is well.

The common denominator to the issue seems to be the audio card, not the controller. Rolling back corrects the issue correct? No the issue remains with earlier versions of the driver, using an earlier version of traktor e.g. 2.5 corrects the issue. I believe there is something with the way the midi fighter is reacting with the S4, its as if there is a conflict once it is in the loop regardless of where the effects are triggered, and it means I cannot use it with 2.6, only with 2.5 which is deeply frustrating.

S4 works normally with midi fighter unplugged, feedback loop returns once midi fighter is plugged in

Q.2.6 will not feedback loop when you set to build in audio, regardless of controller? Correct everything works once the audio to the S4 is taken out of the loop

Cheers!
Thanks again!
Kellie Myrum
Hi Chris, nice of you to stop by. All well here, thanks for asking!

I might be needing you to add me another controller to the mappings list. Will let you know

Cheers!
Gwyn Niederstadt
Originally Posted by paulalexsaltis
Hi Chris

Thanks for the input, I tried changing the "output routing" in traktors preferences from internal to external. The problem still occurs.

Mixing using the laptops soundcard isnt an option due to the poor sound quality.

Paul
Morning Paul,

Hope all is well.

The common denominator to the issue seems to be the audio card, not the controller. Rolling back corrects the issue correct?

Q.2.6 will not feedback loop when you set to build in audio, regardless of controller?

Cheers!
Sharyn Prado
Hi Chris

Paul
Gwyn Niederstadt
Originally Posted by Stewe
This is definitely a hardware issue and sounds like your latency is bumping. I would try to remove driver from device manager and plug the MF again just to make sure if that could be the fix. Also try a different laptop.

Hi Paul,

I just thought i would reply here as this is a awesome thread. Thanks Paul for opening a ticket with us.
Based on what I'm seeing it a busted driver for audio on the s4, changing it over to the built-in changes the issue. Its experienced on both controllers/mouse while the s4 is engaged as the audio card. Its not experienced when using built in.

To expand on this, We could use the S4 just as a controller while using the built-in audio. We could also test this to see if we experience the issue there as well, forgive me if this has already been tested. Based on theory in this case you would not experience any feedback loop while using the s4 as the controller/built in as audio.

Hope this helps, talk to you guys soon.
I'll send you some extra info on the ticket Paul,

cheers
Sharyn Prado
Hi

Sorry for the delay, if you remove the S4 and use the laptops sound card the problem goes away.

So far I've tried, cleaning the midi fighter with alcohol, re-flashing the midi fighter, rolling back the driver on the S4 and loading an older one. Non of these worked.

I'm pretty fed up since, the midi fighter has always been a great creative tool. I mixed out without it the other week and it wasnt the same :/ any help is much appreciated.
Meg Reinoehl
If everything is working fine in 2.5, then you would believe the hardware should be fine. Weird that the issue is only with 2.6.1 and goes away if you disconnect the MIDI Fighter.

What if you remove the S4 and just use the built-in audio with the MIDI Fighter. Does the issue persist?
Kellie Myrum

Sharyn Prado
Oh and the midifighter software is up to date as well
Sharyn Prado
Hi whilst the midi fighter is plugged in yes the mouse click does generate artefacts, but once its disconnected no. Everything seems to function properly on the midi fighter with previous versions of the software. Once the midi fighter is taken out of the loop everything works really well... see video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxYZJ...ature=youtu.be
Kellie Myrum
Hey paul,

Does it also happens if you try engaging effect using a mouse? I'm asking this just to make sure if there could be a possibility that some mapping issue could be affecting this.

Also some short vid could help to understand what's the sound you're getting.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy