Midifighter Spectra + Z2 + Instant Grat = Win?

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Midifighter Spectra + Z2 + Instant Grat = Win?Reply
Midifighter Spectra + Z2 + Instant Grat = Win?
Posted on: 08.08.2013 by Samuel Stamaria
Hello all you MF folk,
I'm new to the MF Community, just bought my Spectra today! My plans for the spectra come in two phases.

Foremost, I have a Kontrol Z2 with 2 Turntables at home. However, I am at my apartment in LA for summer school with only my Z2, then I will be moving into a more permanent place in about 2 months where I'll have my turntables as well.

Foremost, I was wondering is there a mapping that adequeatly fills in all the controls the z2 fails to have? Im talking about cue,play (similar to the deckalized but only 2 decks) and integrates the Instant Gratification on a separate page? If not is this even possible to map?

Second, once I get my turntables would it be possible to have a page with the Inst Grat, and on a separate page control of the Remix Decks?

I have very little experience with making mappings but I'd be willing to try to make the perfect z2+ spectra map! I feel like it'd be a great somewhat portable setup/modular setup!

Thanks!
Samuel Stamaria
Hello all you MF folk,
I'm new to the MF Community, just bought my Spectra today! My plans for the spectra come in two phases.

Foremost, I have a Kontrol Z2 with 2 Turntables at home. However, I am at my apartment in LA for summer school with only my Z2, then I will be moving into a more permanent place in about 2 months where I'll have my turntables as well.

Foremost, I was wondering is there a mapping that adequeatly fills in all the controls the z2 fails to have? Im talking about cue,play (similar to the deckalized but only 2 decks) and integrates the Instant Gratification on a separate page? If not is this even possible to map?

Second, once I get my turntables would it be possible to have a page with the Inst Grat, and on a separate page control of the Remix Decks?

I have very little experience with making mappings but I'd be willing to try to make the perfect z2+ spectra map! I feel like it'd be a great somewhat portable setup/modular setup!

Thanks!
Kellie Myrum
Hello again,

So I finally had some time in past two days and I made an edit to DeckGrat mapping for Spectra. Check it out:

-Full Remix Deck cell for deck C and D.
-Middle side buttons switch page for remix deck.
-Each cell display VU meter while sample is on play.

Feedback is welcome!
Samuel Stamaria
I realized that by adding a shift button this could be endlessly deep! I'm just beginning to explore, and do take your time
Kellie Myrum
Agreed that some of controls are not necessary for using Spectra along the Z2 but I believe this mapping could benefit other users than Z2 as well.

I'll have my house full of kids for next two weeks so please be patient

I might end up creating that DeckGrat edit as well as another mapping that I was previously talking about. Talk to you soon.
Samuel Stamaria
That sounds SWEET! I almost feel like with that mapping it's perfect for just solo MF fun!

But with the z2, you might be putting in some unnecessary work! Like flux, key on, and loop size? Seeing how that's already on there! However, as the creater that is in your hands!

Really feel like the MF is a great combo with the z2!

EDIT: looking at the curret (DJF Grats) you could almost get away with just copying the two decks there, and then making the others remix decks so

Bank 1: DJF Grat (that has play/cue/sync already on there)
Bank 2: DJF Grat (same)

Bank 3 & 4: Remix deck?

There's alot of options that you could utilize haha!
thanks again for your efforts!
Kellie Myrum
How this sound like?

Bank 1: Track deck A
Bank 2: Track deck B

(cue, play, bend, sync, key on, loop set, flux on, deck master, flavor, loop size, eight cue)

Bank 3: Remix deck focus
Bank 4: Grats
Samuel Stamaria
Got it figured out! For some odd reason when I had the spectra in remix deck mode from the utility none of the mappings would work, but I've figured it out! Love the MF super damn fun, excited to see your IstantGrat and Remix Deck mapping!
Kellie Myrum
This is right place to post all MF related questions. Controller mappings community would be OK too. Anywhere but general discussion
Samuel Stamaria
Thanks Stewe! Btw is this the incorrect community to ask for help on midifighter setup?
Kellie Myrum
Totally possible mate. I'll be releasing such mapping soon.
Samuel Stamaria
I'd really like something that is mapped, the cue and play is super tiny.
Ervin Calvery
Cue and play (internal) are both already mapped on the Z2 by default.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy