Question: How to add LEDs to extra buttons on modded MF Classic?

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Question: How to add LEDs to extra buttons on modded MF Classic?Reply
Question: How to add LEDs to extra buttons on modded MF Classic?
Posted on: 19.09.2013 by Lavenia Markwell
A while back, I modded my MidiFighter Classic by adding 4 more Sanwa arcade buttons and 4 Bourns faders. I built a custom walnut and maple box with a friend and hand-drilled all the holes in the top plate. Finally, I fashioned it with maps of my hometown, Cincinnati.

One feature that is missing... LEDs for the 4 extra buttons on the top right.

My question(s) for the more experienced modders = what is the best LED to use? and what is the best way to wire them up to show the on/off status of the buttons?

Here is a pic of the MFC.
Lavenia Markwell
Originally Posted by ReggieUK
As they're wired directly to the 5v and the + side of the button, no, you won't get any midi feedback from them. They'll just be off when a button isn't being pressed and on when it is.

As far as I know, there isn't any simple way to add more leds with midi feedback into the midifighter, without adding extra chips.
OK, well at least its a start... Much thanks for your help!

If anyone knows of a way to get MIDI feedback with these LEDs, please let me know!

Midifiddler? FatLimey?
Lavenia Markwell
http://community .djranking s.com/showthr...l=1#post287998

Just get some 3 volt LEDs and some 0.25watt 220ohm resistors, 1Kohm if you want them a bit dimmer. I know that the units are running 5 volts but the resistor restricts the amount of current going through the LED so it won't burn out.
Thanks for the info!

The arcade buttons are each wired to a Digital Pin and a Ground.

What is the proper way to wire these into the buttons?

Will these be able to have MIDI feedback? (example: button turns on Beatmasher effect, LED stays lit while effect in on.)
Lavenia Markwell
A while back, I modded my MidiFighter Classic by adding 4 more Sanwa arcade buttons and 4 Bourns faders. I built a custom walnut and maple box with a friend and hand-drilled all the holes in the top plate. Finally, I fashioned it with maps of my hometown, Cincinnati.

One feature that is missing... LEDs for the 4 extra buttons on the top right.

My question(s) for the more experienced modders = what is the best LED to use? and what is the best way to wire them up to show the on/off status of the buttons?

Here is a pic of the MFC.
Olimpia Briden
as far as I can see, you would need to add a 2nd tlc5928 into the circuit somehow and then change the firmware source code so that it can address those leds, although I could be wrong.
Lavenia Markwell
As they're wired directly to the 5v and the + side of the button, no, you won't get any midi feedback from them. They'll just be off when a button isn't being pressed and on when it is.

As far as I know, there isn't any simple way to add more leds with midi feedback into the midifighter, without adding extra chips.
OK, well at least its a start... Much thanks for your help!

If anyone knows of a way to get MIDI feedback with these LEDs, please let me know!

Midifiddler? FatLimey?
Olimpia Briden

Lavenia Markwell

Just get some 3 volt LEDs and some 0.25watt 220ohm resistors, 1Kohm if you want them a bit dimmer. I know that the units are running 5 volts but the resistor restricts the amount of current going through the LED so it won't burn out.
Thanks for the info!

The arcade buttons are each wired to a Digital Pin and a Ground.

What is the proper way to wire these into the buttons?

Will these be able to have MIDI feedback? (example: button turns on Beatmasher effect, LED stays lit while effect in on.)
Olimpia Briden

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy