Finally found a proper case/stand for my Midi Fighter :)

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Finally found a proper case/stand for my Midi Fighter :)Reply
Finally found a proper case/stand for my Midi Fighter :)
Posted on: 31.07.2013 by Mira Sabia
Just wanted to share my experience with this new case from the guys over at Crane. I had recently seen a post here about a new line of cases they were coming out with. Noting the measurements on the 7'' UHS case, I contacted them to see if they'd tested it at all with the midi fighter or knew how well it would fit. They were very helpful and even offered to send me a prototype version of the case to test out and see.

From what I'm told, the only difference between this unit and the one that will eventually go on sale is some fancier zippers with the crane logo.

The hard/soft case is similar to the Allen & Heath K2 case I have, though considerably more firm and protective. There are two foam inserts on the top and bottom of the case.

The Midi Fighter 3D has rubberized feet which add a few centimeters to the height of the unit. As a result, I decided to remove the foam insert from the bottom of the case to make room for these. The unit did fit with the bottom foam in, however it a was very tight fit and the case was bulging on both sides until I decided to remove the extra padding. If you have a classic Midi Fighter or a Midi Fighter Spectra, your fit should be even better and I anticipate you will have no need to remove the foam.

What I really wanted, additionally, was a suitable stand that I could set the Midi Fighter on in the booth to bring it to mixer height (in similar fashion to the K2 and Kontrol cases). Using the case as a stand, the Midi Fighter 3D was just a few centimeters higher than standard mixer/turntable height. Keep in mind, however, the rubber feet on the 3D add a few centimeters and this would be less of an issue with a Classic or Spectra.

The only problem I had was the lack of any grip on the bottom to keep it from sliding around on a table. Crane informed me they are releasing all purpose attachable rubber grips that can be used to address that problem. From what I'm told, they are made from the same grippy stuff you've probably seen in those grips that keep cell phones stuck to your dashboard.

A video and a few pictures are posted below. I'm thrilled to have finally found something that solves this problem. I know it's come up numerous times on these boards in the past so I hope some find it helpful. Also, thanks again to the very generous guys at Crane for being so accommodating and offering to send this to me. I've owned two crane stands over the past couple years and am happy to continue doing business with em

Karole Benningfield
Design stolen from IKEA!
IKEAMF3D3.jpg

Just kidding Very nice review, thank you!
Mira Sabia
Just wanted to share my experience with this new case from the guys over at Crane. I had recently seen a post here about a new line of cases they were coming out with. Noting the measurements on the 7'' UHS case, I contacted them to see if they'd tested it at all with the midi fighter or knew how well it would fit. They were very helpful and even offered to send me a prototype version of the case to test out and see.

From what I'm told, the only difference between this unit and the one that will eventually go on sale is some fancier zippers with the crane logo.

The hard/soft case is similar to the Allen & Heath K2 case I have, though considerably more firm and protective. There are two foam inserts on the top and bottom of the case.

The Midi Fighter 3D has rubberized feet which add a few centimeters to the height of the unit. As a result, I decided to remove the foam insert from the bottom of the case to make room for these. The unit did fit with the bottom foam in, however it a was very tight fit and the case was bulging on both sides until I decided to remove the extra padding. If you have a classic Midi Fighter or a Midi Fighter Spectra, your fit should be even better and I anticipate you will have no need to remove the foam.

What I really wanted, additionally, was a suitable stand that I could set the Midi Fighter on in the booth to bring it to mixer height (in similar fashion to the K2 and Kontrol cases). Using the case as a stand, the Midi Fighter 3D was just a few centimeters higher than standard mixer/turntable height. Keep in mind, however, the rubber feet on the 3D add a few centimeters and this would be less of an issue with a Classic or Spectra.

The only problem I had was the lack of any grip on the bottom to keep it from sliding around on a table. Crane informed me they are releasing all purpose attachable rubber grips that can be used to address that problem. From what I'm told, they are made from the same grippy stuff you've probably seen in those grips that keep cell phones stuck to your dashboard.

A video and a few pictures are posted below. I'm thrilled to have finally found something that solves this problem. I know it's come up numerous times on these boards in the past so I hope some find it helpful. Also, thanks again to the very generous guys at Crane for being so accommodating and offering to send this to me. I've owned two crane stands over the past couple years and am happy to continue doing business with em

Nichelle Loggia
Hey I was just on their website and they have a 7" CD case and a 7" interface/HDD case I was just wondering what one you were using?
Elnora Ways
Nice!! Your setup is awesome aswell!
Karole Benningfield
Design stolen from IKEA!
IKEAMF3D3.jpg

Just kidding Very nice review, thank you!
Cammy Clegg
Dude thats a rad review.

Also Nice view and WICKED setup.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy