Can't update old MF pro

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Can't update old MF proReply
Can't update old MF pro
Posted on: 17.09.2013 by Jena Lahrs
Hello everyone,

I have an old MF pro that needs to be updated, because I'm trying to run the ableton map for it and need to get into ableton mode. And atm I don't have that option.

The last time the MF pro was updated it was in 11'. And from what I understand the utility has been updated for the MF pro as well. If I'm wrong, and the same utility can update the firmware on my MF pro why am I getting a HEX file error.

pulling my hair out atm, please help.
Jena Lahrs
Hello everyone,

I have an old MF pro that needs to be updated, because I'm trying to run the ableton map for it and need to get into ableton mode. And atm I don't have that option.

The last time the MF pro was updated it was in 11'. And from what I understand the utility has been updated for the MF pro as well. If I'm wrong, and the same utility can update the firmware on my MF pro why am I getting a HEX file error.

pulling my hair out atm, please help.
Jena Lahrs
Alright, I should've probably updated the status of my problem some time ago. Having not touched my mf pro since late 11' I had no idea there was a new version of the utility. It wasn't mentioned in any of the stickies and I found out about it through digging up some old blog posts. Maybe it was mentioned in a post on one of the stickies right under my nose, but after I downloaded the new utility I was able to update my mf pro. Thanks Reggie for going into such detail to try and help me and the mod suggesting me to put in a ticket.
Olimpia Briden
you might also need these drivers for flip:
http://www.avrusb.com/x64drivers/Fli...ned-driver.zip
Olimpia Briden
I'm only going from my experience on vista, yours may differ, I take no responsibility if you burn your fingers, house etc. you follow these instructions at your own risk.

1. Download the latest version of atmel flip from the atmel website.

2. Start the midifighter utility, it should be telling you that you need an update, click update and don't do anything else with the utility, don't close any boxes when it fails!!

3. look in your C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\temp for a file called qt_temp.Pxxxxx (xxxxx = a random number), copy it somewhere safe and rename it midifighterpro.hex.

4. put your midifighter pro into bootloader mode with whatever manual method is recommended

5. Start Atmel flip, click on the device menu, then click select, then from the list choose at90usb162

6. on the main flip screen, in the operations flow section make sure the boxes are all ticked, then click on the file menu, click on load hex file, then browse to where you put midifghterpro.hex, lastly click on the run button

7. It should flash very quickly, if it did it without error, you can reset your midifighter pro

8. mash buttons
Jena Lahrs
Alright, so how exactly do I go about using it to update my firmware exactly?
Olimpia Briden
It worked fine on vista 64bit for me and a midifighter classic, I can't see why it should be an issue for you. Flip works on anything up to and including windows 8, it doesn't seem to have a preference for bitness :-)
Jena Lahrs
Well, I already put in a support ticket. But thanks for responding.

And reggie, will flip work with 64 bit?
Olimpia Briden
I was going to suggest using the midifighter utility to download the latest firmware, put the board into bootloader mode, then use atmel flip app. to upload the new firmware to your board.
Nedra Fresneda
I'm sorry to hear about the Midi fighter issues, I know it's frustrating when things don't work right. Please open a support ticket in the following link https://store.djranking s.com/support
Jena Lahrs
Forgot to mention win7 64 bit.

I tried searching for a fix, and the threads that seemed to cover this reference other threads with dead links. Please if anyone could help me out.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy