MF Pro, Traktor, custom mapping issue with knobs and faders

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: MF Pro, Traktor, custom mapping issue with knobs and fadersReply
MF Pro, Traktor, custom mapping issue with knobs and faders
Posted on: 07.10.2013 by Annis Natwick
Hey everyone.

So I've had my MF Pro for quite a while now but have mostly been using it as a drum rack in Ableton. Now however I want to use it with Traktor.

I wanted to custom map it all so that it was fit for my use so I started experimenting with the control manager within Traktor.
I managed to get all of the arcade buttons to map pretty easily, however, the knobs, faders and square bank buttons are not recognised by the 'learn' function in the editor.

Does anyone know what the actual MIDI notes these knobs/faders/buttons are sending so I could input them manually? Or is there a better way to do it?

Can anyone help me out? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thank heaps,

Nathan
Annis Natwick
Hey everyone.

So I've had my MF Pro for quite a while now but have mostly been using it as a drum rack in Ableton. Now however I want to use it with Traktor.

I wanted to custom map it all so that it was fit for my use so I started experimenting with the control manager within Traktor.
I managed to get all of the arcade buttons to map pretty easily, however, the knobs, faders and square bank buttons are not recognised by the 'learn' function in the editor.

Does anyone know what the actual MIDI notes these knobs/faders/buttons are sending so I could input them manually? Or is there a better way to do it?

Can anyone help me out? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thank heaps,

Nathan
Meg Reinoehl
Try updating the firmware in the MF Utility. Maybe for some reason it has MF Classic firmware on it.
Jena Lahrs
Yeah that shouldn't happen. Next time you open traktor press those white squares and see if the control icon or w/e next to the CPU load meter blinks. I'm pretty sure if the mf is recognized you'll see the control icon light up.

Do that first and post what happens.
Annis Natwick
Hey Stewe,

Thanks for getting back to me.

That makes sense. I just don't know why the manager won't pick up the midi signals. The knobs/faders are also unrecognised in Ableton when I try to map them. Possibly a faulty MF...

Thanks again Stewe.
Kellie Myrum
Hey,

If Traktor can't read those assignments in manager when you try mapping it in that mean you still wouldn't be able to get those controls working even if you manually enter the values.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy