hardware compatibility issue and a question of realisticism

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: hardware compatibility issue and a question of realisticismReply
hardware compatibility issue and a question of realisticism
Posted on: 17.10.2013 by Jan Plantier
so, I have two questions/issues. one of them may have already been asked before, but I'm pretty sure the other one hasn't. so here we go.

1. I have a Numark 4trak, and the Midifighter Beatmasher Pro. my plan was to use the MF instead of the effects bar that came with the 4trak as it's probably more functional, and would just look cooler to use. however, certain buttons on the fighter trigger buttons on the 4trak. specifically loop presets. how can I get the Midifighter to only trigger things from the Midifighter?

2. I just want to know if this is possible (and if it is, how to do it). there was this thing in a video from a while ago of the Numark NS7 II
image for reference
9c09a11cd3936db8500e55437aab14def5c9c584.16.1.12.2.jpeg
they used these 8 buttons as mpc-ish beat points for on-the-fly remixing of sorts. if possible, I'd like to be able to do this with the aforementioned Midifighter.

(I'm using the version of Traktor that came with the 4trak, also)
Jan Plantier
so, I have two questions/issues. one of them may have already been asked before, but I'm pretty sure the other one hasn't. so here we go.

1. I have a Numark 4trak, and the Midifighter Beatmasher Pro. my plan was to use the MF instead of the effects bar that came with the 4trak as it's probably more functional, and would just look cooler to use. however, certain buttons on the fighter trigger buttons on the 4trak. specifically loop presets. how can I get the Midifighter to only trigger things from the Midifighter?

2. I just want to know if this is possible (and if it is, how to do it). there was this thing in a video from a while ago of the Numark NS7 II
image for reference
9c09a11cd3936db8500e55437aab14def5c9c584.16.1.12.2.jpeg
they used these 8 buttons as mpc-ish beat points for on-the-fly remixing of sorts. if possible, I'd like to be able to do this with the aforementioned Midifighter.

(I'm using the version of Traktor that came with the 4trak, also)
Charline Dye
On your first question, go into preferences then controller manager. At the top select the midi fighter, then to the right select the midi in and out ports for the midifighter. Not the all ports option. Do the same for the 4 track.

On number 2, I believe that is slicer mode like on the Twitch which is in Serato software not Traktor. The new Traktor DJ software for IOS has a freeze mode which is similar. I'm not sure, but I believe some was trying to accomplish it with mapping in Traktor, but don't know if they were successful.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy