Midi Fighter Spectra

Midi Fighter Spectra
Posted on: 03.11.2013 by Candi Winnie
Hi there,

I got my Midi Fighter Spectra this week and I want to know if I can use this in the Maschine software?
I couldn't find any good Ableton mappings and I'm really new to Ableton..

Also, would you recommend Ableton or any other software for fingerdrumming?

Thanks in advance!
Candi Winnie
Originally Posted by botstein
You can totally map the Spectra's outs to different sounds/pads in Maschine. It'll just take a while - it's not an ideal solution, like the Maschine Studio.

Just substitute the MF utility for the QuNeo editor in this video.

Thank you for this, but it doesn't work?

When I look into the MF Utility, I get "90 24 7F" as response.. I can't enter that..
If I go to Traktor and check which key it sends, it gives me C2 for the bottom left button, but it doesn't react..

Also, I reset my MF to the factory settings.. Loaded the Mad Zach Murda Pack and it doesn't trigger ANYTHING..
Candi Winnie
Originally Posted by padi_04
Maschine has a software limitation that prevents you from using 3rd party controllers to trigger different pads in a group. You are reduced to "pad mode", basically just like a keyboard.

All Midi Fighters map automatically to Ableton's drum racks, all you need is to enable it's Track In in the MIDI preferences and arm the track with the samples loaded. You can use it's trial for 30 days before deciding if it's good enough for you and shell out money for it.
I've put the MF back to Factory settings.. Set the Input to MF and then I see the input turning orange.. Is there some way to reset Ableton to standard settings?
Candi Winnie
Originally Posted by VanGogo
Have you signed up for the DJTT news letter? A free mad Zach sound pack is included with each one.
The mad Zach sound packs come ready to load into Ableton as a drum rack.
Thank you for your reply.
Yes I signed up and I've also bought the volume 1 and 2 with the Spectra.
I don't get it to work though.. I've loaded the mapping onto the MF and put the folder Spectra_Launcher in the correct folder, but it doesn't trigger any samples..
Candi Winnie
Hi there,

I got my Midi Fighter Spectra this week and I want to know if I can use this in the Maschine software?
I couldn't find any good Ableton mappings and I'm really new to Ableton..

Also, would you recommend Ableton or any other software for fingerdrumming?

Thanks in advance!
Candi Winnie
Originally Posted by botstein
You can totally map the Spectra's outs to different sounds/pads in Maschine. It'll just take a while - it's not an ideal solution, like the Maschine Studio.

Thank you for this, but it doesn't work?

When I look into the MF Utility, I get "90 24 7F" as response.. I can't enter that..
If I go to Traktor and check which key it sends, it gives me C2 for the bottom left button, but it doesn't react..

Also, I reset my MF to the factory settings.. Loaded the Mad Zach Murda Pack and it doesn't trigger ANYTHING..
Nedra Fresneda
I stand corrected then
Ervin Calvery

Candi Winnie
Originally Posted by padi_04
Maschine has a software limitation that prevents you from using 3rd party controllers to trigger different pads in a group. You are reduced to "pad mode", basically just like a keyboard.

All Midi Fighters map automatically to Ableton's drum racks, all you need is to enable it's Track In in the MIDI preferences and arm the track with the samples loaded. You can use it's trial for 30 days before deciding if it's good enough for you and shell out money for it.
I've put the MF back to Factory settings.. Set the Input to MF and then I see the input turning orange.. Is there some way to reset Ableton to standard settings?
Charline Dye
There ya go.
Nedra Fresneda

Candi Winnie
Originally Posted by VanGogo
Have you signed up for the DJTT news letter? A free mad Zach sound pack is included with each one.
Thank you for your reply.
Yes I signed up and I've also bought the volume 1 and 2 with the Spectra.
I don't get it to work though.. I've loaded the mapping onto the MF and put the folder Spectra_Launcher in the correct folder, but it doesn't trigger any samples..
Charline Dye

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy