MF Spectra + Live (9.0.6): LED bug report + direct LED control question

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: MF Spectra + Live (9.0.6): LED bug report + direct LED control questionReply
MF Spectra + Live (9.0.6): LED bug report + direct LED control question
Posted on: 16.11.2013 by Beau Zeigenbein
Hello all,

First time I'm plugging the Spectra in Live 9 and I see a cool default LED behavior that reflects the session action.
Ex: when assigned to a clip in session mode, a button (who kept its default idle color until then) turns white when hit until the cue starts, then turns to the active color when the clip starts playing.

1. Strange thing is that it turns *off* after the first loop round plays, even if the clip keeps playing after that. I suppose this is not the expected behavior? Only have Live 9.0.6 on this laptop so no way to compare with previous versions.
FYI, this behaves the same whether I'm in Ableton mode (momentary CC enabled) or not.

2. I'd like to bypass this behavior to control the LED actions through MIDI. But the only way I found to achieve this was to disable the MIDI remote output to the Spectra in Ableton Prefs; and no more MIDI out means no way to send the midi instructions for LEDs to the Spectra.
So I assume there's still M4L to talk directly to the Spectra, but it would have been useful/easier for my current project to program some LED patterns directly from MIDI clips in a dedicated Ableton track.

Am I right about this, and/or is there a way to cheat?

Thanks for your feedback and help guys!
T
Beau Zeigenbein
Hello all,

First time I'm plugging the Spectra in Live 9 and I see a cool default LED behavior that reflects the session action.
Ex: when assigned to a clip in session mode, a button (who kept its default idle color until then) turns white when hit until the cue starts, then turns to the active color when the clip starts playing.

1. Strange thing is that it turns *off* after the first loop round plays, even if the clip keeps playing after that. I suppose this is not the expected behavior? Only have Live 9.0.6 on this laptop so no way to compare with previous versions.
FYI, this behaves the same whether I'm in Ableton mode (momentary CC enabled) or not.

2. I'd like to bypass this behavior to control the LED actions through MIDI. But the only way I found to achieve this was to disable the MIDI remote output to the Spectra in Ableton Prefs; and no more MIDI out means no way to send the midi instructions for LEDs to the Spectra.
So I assume there's still M4L to talk directly to the Spectra, but it would have been useful/easier for my current project to program some LED patterns directly from MIDI clips in a dedicated Ableton track.

Am I right about this, and/or is there a way to cheat?

Thanks for your feedback and help guys!
T

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy