Idea for Midi Fighters

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Idea for Midi FightersReply
Idea for Midi Fighters
Posted on: 04.11.2013 by Charline Dye
With the MF Twister coming in January, I started believeing that a way of joining MFs together might be a good idea.

It would be a simple plate of aluminum (rounded and annodized dust black) with rubber feet on the bottom. The mounting holes match the MF assembly holes, so all you need are slightly longer screws. You really wouldn't need all 4 holes, just 2 diagonal from each other, but I was believeing about some spacers between the MF and the plate to be able to see the ground LEDs better. I guess that could be option in the mounting.

Overall length would be about 14 inches+. So about an inch shy of mixer length. There would also be an inch + space between the MF's to accommodate a right angle USB plug.

Here's my crude rendering.
MFplate.jpg

I imagine this used with one MF above the other (a Spectra with a Twister on top), but side by side mounting would be no problem except the side buttons would be a little harder to access in the middle area. Though still accessible.

I'm sure a product design pro could come up with a more elegant solution (one with out having to screw it to the plate), but I was going for simple and easy/cheap to produce. Not that I have the where with all to get such a thing into production, but maybe DJTT would if there is enough interest. Or it could be a simple DIY project for those who want one bad enough.

What do you believe? would you want/use one?

Do you see any flaws with the general concept? (ie am I missing something?)

Of course, at this point I am assuming the Twister is using the same casing as the Spectra and assembled in a similar fashion.
Kellie Myrum
This is pretty good idea +1

Maybe a protective case too with removable cover which brings MFs to the mixer height.
Charline Dye
That's quite alright, it led to the stand mount idea.
Libbie Orion
sun of a 8itch!! how did i miss that? HAHAHAHA sorry mate
Charline Dye
Originally Posted by VanGogo
I wasn't believeing of a 3D with this.
Libbie Orion
actually if my memory serves me correctly, when you plug in your MF3Ds they need to be on a level serface.
Because they go through a quick calibration when booted.

If they arent level and you start to use them under certain mappings, youll get some pretty not so accurate responses to their movement and placement.
Libbie Orion
oh no i dont mean TILTED and stationed in that tilted position
im talking about what you tilt or twist it to activate any motion sensors you have mapped to encoders

right now i have mine mapped so that if i have an effect running (because i pressed a button and am holding it)
when i tilt it to the back, the effect is lessend
if i tilt it towards me, the effect is greater

its like a WET / DRY setting
back is DRY
forward is WET
Charline Dye
I wasn't believeing of a 3D with this. Curious as to why you would want one tilted?
That does get me believeing that a riser to tilt the back one would be nice.

Adding a mic stand/goose neck mount to the bottom would be easy. Great idea!
mount.jpg
Something like this for mic stands.

flange.jpg
Something like this for gooseneck.
Libbie Orion
yes i see a flaw
what if you wanted to raise and tilt ONE MF but not the other?
If they are both mounted to the plate, they would move in tandem instead of being independant.

What i would like to see is a GOOSENECK type of plate for them

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy