MF Instant Gratification Mapping v1.0.3

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: MF Instant Gratification Mapping v1.0.3Reply
MF Instant Gratification Mapping v1.0.3
Posted on: 29.04.2011 by Jodi Lacerra
This is an update to the Instant Gratification Mapping (see the original thread here http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=24514). This update to the mapping fixes the following bugs:

• T3 Delay LED not working on Deck D
  • If FX3 is a Single effect and you activate the Beatmasher supercombo (by pressing all 4 Mash buttons) it would toggle the Trans effect on while it switched FX3 from a Single to a Group/Chained effect. You could not release the Trans effect unless you triggered the supercombo again. I most commonly ran into this problem when using the Slice function on the VCI-100 together with the MF IG mapping.

If anyone finds anything else you consider to be a bug, please comment on this thread. Thanks!
Cliff Lohman
Originally Posted by ToneDeaf
Hi just got my Midi Fighter classic deliverd and managed to import the Instant Gratification map and get it working with my Traktor S4, the only problem is it only works on deck 1. When I select all 4 effects panels for deck 2 as soon I press a button on the MF it turns off that effects panel and switches to deck 1. What i''m I doing wrong?
Did u set mf to 4 banks mode?
Yolande Doliner
Hi just got my Midi Fighter classic deliverd and managed to import the Instant Gratification map and get it working with my Traktor S4, the only problem is it only works on deck 1. When I select all 4 effects panels for deck 2 as soon I press a button on the MF it turns off that effects panel and switches to deck 1. What i''m I doing wrong?
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Bildabong
Hi,
I was just wondering if this affects the normal mapping of Traktor Kontrol S4's effects? For example will the effects on the S4 work after importing the mapping for the Midi fighter? And if so, will changing the mapped effects, affect the mapping in anyway?

I understand this may be hard to understand so I'll try put into a scenario for you all. Let's say I'd like to use different effects to the presets on the Midi fighter, if I was change the beatmasher to bouncer briefly, and pressed the beatmasher buttons on the Midi Fighter, will the Midi Figheters preset effects automatically load? Also, if changed to Advanced mode via the S4, will the Midi fighter load the effects again and automatically change to chained mode? I'm asking because I'd like to use the Chained and Advanced modes manually, as well as the Midi Fighter's mapping seamlessly.

Thanks,
Laurence (Bildabong)
It looks like your question was already answered but yes, the Midi Fighter is hard mapped to specific effects so that when you press a button you always get the effect you would expect. In order to do that, each Midi Fighter effect button will make sure to change fx type, selection, routing, rate/amounts, etc.

So whenever you change effect related things with your S4, the Midi Fighter will always try to switch back to the fx expected by the mapping you use when you press an fx button on the Midi Fighter. This can sometimes result in needing two presses on the Midi Fighter because Traktor has a weird bug where it cannot change fx types and selection and change rates and activate the fx all in one press so if a lot of fx related things are changed (with your S4 in this case, like changing from a single to group effect for example) you may need to press certain fx buttons on the MF twice to activate an effect.
Marcellus Rebuck
Originally Posted by scamo
I believe, if you change the preset effects the MF sets with the S4, then you just have to press the Deck A button (or B button or what ever deck you want to control) on the MF to reset the effects back to what the MF uses. So to answer your question, the MF mapping won't affect S4's controlling of the effect banks. You could say they work in parallel.

scamo
OK so it shouldn't affect Advanced mode playing around or anything? Might have to look into buying this then Looks really really useful and just fun to play with
Rey Holubar
I believe, if you change the preset effects the MF sets with the S4, then you just have to press the Deck A button (or B button or what ever deck you want to control) on the MF to reset the effects back to what the MF uses. So to answer your question, the MF mapping won't affect S4's controlling of the effect banks. You could say they work in parallel.

scamo
Marcellus Rebuck
Hi,
I was just wondering if this affects the normal mapping of Traktor Kontrol S4's effects? For example will the effects on the S4 work after importing the mapping for the Midi fighter? And if so, will changing the mapped effects, affect the mapping in anyway?

I understand this may be hard to understand so I'll try put into a scenario for you all. Let's say I'd like to use different effects to the presets on the Midi fighter, if I was change the beatmasher to bouncer briefly, and pressed the beatmasher buttons on the Midi Fighter, will the Midi Figheters preset effects automatically load? Also, if changed to Advanced mode via the S4, will the Midi fighter load the effects again and automatically change to chained mode? I'm asking because I'd like to use the Chained and Advanced modes manually, as well as the Midi Fighter's mapping seamlessly.

Thanks,
Laurence (Bildabong)
Contessa Elizaldi
this mapping uses different effects than ean uses in his video... why? and when i try to change them, they change beck when i click the buttons on the MF
Julianna Riecken
Originally Posted by jon6oy
Hi guys,

has anyone developed a mapping for the MF classic which allows you to use the instant gratification mapping on decks one and two with banks three and four mapped to semi-deckalized (beat juggling set up) for the same two decks?

If there isn't one out there would someone like to have a look at developing it? It's a bit beyond my capabilities. Or maybe it's just not possible wihc is why it hasn't been done- not sure. Just rambling now!

Cheers.

jon6oy

http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...hlight=mapping
Saundra Deguia
Hi guys,

has anyone developed a mapping for the MF classic which allows you to use the instant gratification mapping on decks one and two with banks three and four mapped to semi-deckalized (beat juggling set up) for the same two decks?

If there isn't one out there would someone like to have a look at developing it? It's a bit beyond my capabilities. Or maybe it's just not possible wihc is why it hasn't been done- not sure. Just rambling now!

Cheers.

jon6oy
Flor Chamlee
Is the instant gratification only for Tractor or can it be used with Serato, if so can I load more than one mapping or just one at a time?:eek: I really like the instant grat but if not I will have to go with DJ Solomon's layout which is cool to but the instant grat is on point.
Russ Strutt
Originally Posted by isaac
I want to download the free mappings. I do not see i tsi attached to any post nor am i sure what tsi is.. All i want to do is use this midi fighter i recieved on friday and have spent the better half of the weekend trying to located some kind of link to download the mappings so i can use it with traktor pro..... Midi fighter is no fun if you cannot play with it....
look at the first post
Damien Hanges
is it possible/hard to assign some more effects to button 3 and 4 in the top row? the reason i ask is, because i often use this mapping only for 2 decks and the buttons for deck c and d are kind of useless.

anyway, thx for the great mapping
Kenton Och
I want to download the free mappings. I do not see i tsi attached to any post nor am i sure what tsi is.. All i want to do is use this midi fighter i recieved on friday and have spent the better half of the weekend trying to located some kind of link to download the mappings so i can use it with traktor pro..... Midi fighter is no fun if you cannot play with it....
Kenton Och
I want to downlaod the free mappings? Where is the link ??? Is it off the page?
Floy Stutesman
ok im having the same problems, but i dont know what menu mode is. or internal mode. the top 4 dont work, they actually trigger the bottom 4
Floy Stutesman
Originally Posted by cjw
Hey yeah, Having the same problem here. Got my MF today, works like a dream for Deck A but only the top four buttons are triggering effects for Deck B

EDIT
Scratch that, Actually decided to read the community and comments and work it out for myself haha
im having the problem, to a T. top 4 trigger bottom 4. only works deck A. in deck b only top 4 work. you guys found any help with these issues?
Floy Stutesman
(instant gratification mapping)i configured deck A & B to midi fighter but only A works. Echo effect works every other ten tries, 9 out of ten times it just stops all music. The top 4 buttons light up the bottom 4, so there is no shift/pause/play/cue. i cant continue any cool sounding group of effects like Ean does in his video. I loaded this mapping twice, what am i doing wrong
Teresita Watashe
Okay, so I fixed the pitch problem. Only thing is the loops. It still only sets specific loops -____-
Teresita Watashe
My MIDI fighter came today. Assembled it myself and everything. Big props to the MIDI Fighter menu post. 4 banks internal gets the ball rollin' when your setting it up ^___^
The MIDI Fighter is straight awesome and is working like a champ but the only problem is that my pitch fader seems to incriment .10 every time i move it. Also my s4 only allows me to set specific loops such as a 36 bar or a 1 bar but not the whole range of loops. Any help or suggestions to have those features normal again?
Daphne Mordaunt
Originally Posted by ajwhitty
hello people iv just got my new MF today and tried several times to get it to work iv followed the vid but with now luck it seems to work fine in deck A but its all over the place in other decks!!?
Iv got 4 banks mode on and everything but no joy.
Even when there is not a track playing i get some FX come out of the speakers if anyone could help a newbie thanks AW
Hey yeah, Having the same problem here. Got my MF today, works like a dream for Deck A but only the top four buttons are triggering effects for Deck B

EDIT
Scratch that, Actually decided to read the community and comments and work it out for myself haha
Marlen Rayford
Originally Posted by ajwhitty
sorry internal mode mate haha
I tried four banks external and re-imported using the big import button. It is not working in traktor now. Thank you for the link though. It helped me understand the controller a lot more.
Terrence Holtrop
sorry internal mode mate haha
Terrence Holtrop
this link sorted it out straight away for me mate http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=9961
you need to put the 4 banks in to external mode them boom your ready to go!!
Marlen Rayford
So I'm pretty sure I did everything correctly. I imported the tsi's and used the big import button for settings. I'm running audio 4 soundcard and 2 channel external mixer. and the instant grat. map. It only works on deck A. I set the ports on each to midi fighter. Am I doing anything wrong here? I just bought a classic so it's the newest one and I'm on mac running traktor 2. Any help would be greatly appreciated....also I'm disappointed that it doesn't work side by side with my X1 :/
Terrence Holtrop
hello people iv just got my new MF today and tried several times to get it to work iv followed the vid but with now luck it seems to work fine in deck A but its all over the place in other decks!!?
Iv got 4 banks mode on and everything but no joy.
Even when there is not a track playing i get some FX come out of the speakers if anyone could help a newbie thanks AW
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by jay2
Will there be any future changes/updates for this mapping?
Maybe, but it's more likely that this version would remain as is (since it is pretty solid) and other versions with different effects could be created based on this layout. Time will tell though.
Ella Rick
Originally Posted by MPHansen
Yes I get the two lights, how do I reflash the firmware?
That means your in four banks mode, so your good to go

To update/re flash your Classic MF (not MF Pro!)

Download the MF updater from the sticky that is found near the top of the Midifighter Resources and discussions page
Marvella Newburgh
i'd like to know more about its mapping layout. i'd learn from its mapping, thats really cool for me to learn how to mapped into controller if i had a chance .
Kayhan Polat
Will there be any future changes/updates for this mapping?
Marvella Newburgh
hello everyone! i'm a newbie here, still need to learn from all of you the expert dj , i'm trying to map this MIDI FIghter MApping to my own KORG MicroKontrol , i believe their both have a similiar button, Wish me luck. : )

oh btw is that okay?
Barrie Duetsch
Yes I get the two lights, how do I reflash the firmware?
Leeanna Ayla
Do you get the two lights indicating it's in four banks internal? If not then you're not. You may need to reflash the firmware.
Barrie Duetsch
Originally Posted by willinfluence
How To Enter and use Menu Mode
20091230: created by Fatlimey

To enter Menu Mode, hold down the top-left key while resetting the
Midifighter. You can power on the Midifigher by either by plugging in the
USB cable, or by pressing an optional 6mm tactile "reset" switch that can be
soldered to the top left of the motherboard.

Continue to hold the top-left key until menu mode is reached, this will take about 2 seconds, you will know you have accessed Menu Mode as the LED will display 7 option keys and a flashing "exit" key:

Code:
* * * * <- Menu items
. . . .
. . . # <- Flashing exit keyTo leave any Menu page or the Menu system itself, just hit the flashing Exit key.

Any changes made to the options are only written to the Midifighter if you
exit the Menu Mode through the top level "exit" key - this allows you to
play with the options and be sure your settings are correct before
committing the changes, without having to remember previous values.
Only when you are sure the Midifighter is set up to your specifications
should you use the top level "exit" button to commit your changes.

The seven menu items are:

MIDI channel
MIDI velocity
empty
Enable Keypress LED
Select Fourbanks mode
Select Expansion port Digital inputs
Select Expansion Port Analog inputs

5. Select Fourbanks Mode
------------------------

Code:
. . . .
# . . . <- Flashing exit key
* * * * <- Selection bar graph (three states)
o . . o <- increment/decrementThis menu page allows you to select one of the three bank modes by using the
increment/decrement keys to move through the different options.

. . . . = Fourbanks Off

. . * * = Fourbanks Internal

* * * * = Fourbanks External

NOTE: If Fourbanks External is selected, the Digital Inputs menu page will
be disabled.
I have tried this but I must be doing something wrong. Using traktor pro 2, an S4, and just got a midi fighter. I'm pretty sure I'm setting it to Fourbanks Internal, but deck B is still not working for me (Deck A working fine though) is there some other setting I might be messing up?
Anthony Kressin
Originally Posted by willinfluence

Continue to hold the top-left key until menu mode is reached, this will take about 2 seconds, you will know you have accessed Menu Mode as the LED will display 7 option keys and a flashing "exit" key:

Code:
* * * * <- Menu items
. . . .
. . . # <- Flashing exit keyTo leave any Menu page or the Menu system itself, just hit the flashing Exit key.

MIDI channel
MIDI velocity
empty
Enable Keypress LED
Select Fourbanks mode

5. Select Fourbanks Mode
------------------------

Code:
. . . .
o . . o <- increment/decrementThis menu page allows you to select one of the three bank modes by using the

. . . . = Fourbanks Off

be disabled.
thx you so much great help now it works
Ella Rick

Code:
* * * * <- Menu items
. . . .

MIDI channel
MIDI velocity
empty
Enable Keypress LED
Select Fourbanks mode

5. Select Fourbanks Mode
------------------------

Code:
. . . .

. . . . = Fourbanks Off

be disabled.
Anthony Kressin
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
enable 4 banks internal mode.
i dont know how to do that can you help me out ?
Tatum Ansaldo
enable 4 banks internal mode.
Anthony Kressin
hey guys i just downloaded the great effekt mapping

it works perfect on on deck a but how do i make it control deck b??
Maryalice Zwahlen
Fail on my side, really sorry! was in deckalized + instant grat mapping all the time, fuck im sorry...awkward..!
Maryalice Zwahlen
thanks mate, I know that it should work. funny enough it doesnt work in my case. which is not too much of a problem again, i dont mind really. but during FX combos i never press shift anyway and still it does hold certain FX... thats the problem. and the most fun (...not!) part is that it does that only sometimes, dont know according to which pattern or combo.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy