MIDI fighter or NI F1

MIDI fighter or NI F1
Posted on: 14.11.2013 by Letitia Sehlhorst
For those of you that have used both, what are your opinions/comparisons of the two? What does the MIDI fighter do better than the F1 and vice versa?
Armando Waithour
Originally Posted by Housekeeper
Hello,
i'm searching for a controller for traktor and I really like the concept of the MF3D because it's more creative than most of the other controllers, but I don't have a X1 yet. So I thought I could go for the MF3D instead of the X1. What do you guys believe? I hope you can help me by this decision!

that
Armando Waithour
Hello,
i'm searching for a controller for traktor and I really like the concept of the MF3D because it's more creative than most of the other controllers, but I don't have a X1 yet. So I thought I could go for the MF3D instead of the X1. What do you guys believe? I hope you can help me by this decision!

that
Armando Waithour
Hello,

that
Armando Waithour
Hello,

that
Armando Waithour
Hello,

that
Armando Waithour
Hello,

that
Armando Waithour
Hello,

that
Letitia Sehlhorst
For those of you that have used both, what are your opinions/comparisons of the two? What does the MIDI fighter do better than the F1 and vice versa?
Pinkie Rethlake
So today I was in the shop to test both the X1 and the MF3D, but they doesn't have the MF3D Software so I can't map it :/ but I believe it helps a lot because I thought about the controls that the X1 have and what I would use it for and that are FX, cuepoints and loops because I use two Turntables with Timecode for beatmatching and Play and Pause. For these things I would use it for I believe the MF3D can do it just as well as the X1 and FX of course way better/more creative.
Petra Arra
points for the x1 and MF3D

both can be mapped to traktor, but the x1 integration is tight.
you can map the buttons of both to remix decks.

although if you want just plug and play, its best that you get the x1 mk 2 first before getting the MF3D. as you will get more controls out of the box to get started.
Pinkie Rethlake
So because I'm not sure if my post was saved I write it again.

at first to my setup: I have 2 turntables, a analog mixer, a usb soundcard and Traktor running on my Laptop.
Things like cuepoints and loops I control over my Keyboard but that is not like I believe it should be. I believe the keyboard is quiet good for browsing and searching tracks but that's it.
So I want a controller to control cuepoints, loops, effects (which I can't control yet) and also for the Remix Decks when I upgrade to traktor 2.5 (I have Traktor Scratch Duo yet).

I asked if you could help me because, I like the creative way you can use and map the MF3D, It is amazing what you can do with it with the right mapping. But I don't no if it is more a little extra and that the X1 would be better to buy first.
Pinkie Rethlake
No I don't have an all in one controller, but I use Timecode Vinyl and a soundcard with a external mixer.

I use my keyboard for cue points loops and of course for browsing and loading the tracks.

for browsing I believe the keyboard with the mouse works fine, but for cue points and loops and of course the fx section I want another controller.

Another thing is that nowadays I still use Traktor Scratch Duo and want to buy the upgrade so that I will have the Traktor Remix Decks.
Armando Waithour
Hello,

that
Charline Dye
Do you have anything else you are using to controll Traktor (like an all in one controller)? Or are you using an analogue mixer and a sound card?
Pinkie Rethlake
Hello,
Ellen Kossman
I really appreciate that you took all this time to try and help us.
Letitia Sehlhorst
ha ha that's funny as I'm trying to sell my DVS to pick up one of the 2. I'll probably get the F1 as I have very little experience finger drumming
Petra Arra
I was torn also before in choosing the midi fighter and the f1. went with the f1. had fun for a while with the remix deck, but sold it so i can buy a dvs setup.

I kept wishing i should have gone the midi fighter route, but I have exhausted all my savings to get one now. lol (also finger drumming is not for me)

well, I strongly advise that if you mix more than finger drum, get the f1, if you want to finger drum more than mix, get the midi fighter.

good luck on your decision.
Letitia Sehlhorst
yeah that's sort of where I'm torn. I believe finger drumming would feel better on the MIDI fighter but I'd also like having the faders of the F1 to be able to do some mini mixing brining in different looped drum parts
Petra Arra
depends on what you would do with it. the f1 are perfectly integrated with the remix decks. but if you do not need the faders and the knobs, then get the midi fighter.

you can finger drum with the midi fighter and f1. I've tried with the f1 and it doesnt feel right. both can do the remix decks. both can be mapped in other softwares like ableton, etc. both can be mapped to control effects/transport function/etc. both are sub $200.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy